Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Haven Fundraiser Auction #21-The Stand Uncut With 2 Remarques By Alex McVey

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2013 Haven Fundraiser Auction #21-The Stand Uncut With 2 Remarques By Alex McVey

AUCTION LINK

TheDarkTower.org is proud to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item.
    For your consideration is a Stephen King USA First Trade Edition of The Stand-Uncut-By Stephen King with two pieces of original art by the famous Alex McVey!

McVey did two separate drawings that are complex, fascinating, and wicked!

Please check the images. The back of the dustjacket is less than perfect. If I won the auction I would replace it. Copies of this book without original art are relatively inexpensive. Buy a cheap copy and swap DJ's. Also note minor pencil writing on board.

Thanks to TheDarkTower.org member Twistednadine, and artist Alex McVey who offered this as a donation to our 2013 Haven Foundation Fundraiser.

100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to The Haven Foundation. Originally founded by Stephen King, The Haven Foundation is a national, non-profit organization making grants to freelance writers and artists experiencing career-threatening illness, accident, natural disaster or other emergency or personal catastrophe.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

VERY nice !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe there should be a "subforum" with all the Haven Foundation threads?

Or.. some kind of "summary" of all the threads, in a subforum?That will also allow to keep, every year, an history of the amazing items?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Maybe there should be a "subforum" with all the Haven Foundation threads?

Or.. some kind of "summary" of all the threads, in a subforum?That will also allow to keep, every year, an history of the amazing items?
    There are forums:
    2013 Haven Foundation Fundraiser

2012 Haven Foundation Fundraiser

2011 Haven Foundation Fundraiser

2010 Haven Foundation Fund Raiser

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, about time the "thread" appeared!!! LOL J/K Jerome, you are indeed an unprecedented "Partner in Crime"!!! LOL I really like these drawing's and would gladly swap my DJ for this "upgrade"!!!

I have thrown a couple bids at it, but not to shill. It is an awesome offering!!!

For the record, I talked him into it and sent it to him so I feel a "personal" attachment". Many thanks to TN for the book donation and to Mr. McVey for his significant contribution to the Haven Fund!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Way to go Nadine (and Alex, of course) brilliant contribution to an excellent cause !!!

I'll not be here for the close of the auction (or any that'll be closing in the next three weeks as we're off to Egypt tomorrow - hmm, do I hear a collective sigh of relief that BP won't be able to bid)

All the best to the eventual winner, these remarques are freaking awesome !!!!
    We all float down here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Way to go Nadine (and Alex, of course) brilliant contribution to an excellent cause !!!

I'll not be here for the close of the auction (or any that'll be closing in the next three weeks as we're off to Egypt tomorrow - hmm, do I hear a collective sigh of relief that BP won't be able to bid)

All the best to the eventual winner, these remarques are freaking awesome !!!!
    No last "parting" bid just in case?????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Likely not as I'll be probably be out of computer range for the most part of the time we're there (doing the whole desert adventure deal) and it's not really fair to other bidders, in terms of pre-bidding an amount a week out from the close of the auction, takes all of the "progessive fun" out of the auction for others
    We all float down here!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a shame you're gonna' miss the auction for having every King item you ever own personalized, but such is life.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Likely not as I'll be probably be out of computer range for the most part of the time we're there (doing the whole desert adventure deal) and it's not really fair to other bidders, in terms of pre-bidding an amount a week out from the close of the auction, takes all of the "progessive fun" out of the auction for others
    Pussy!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Pussy!!! LOL LOL LOL
    Cool, this is only the second time I've used this particular emoticon, and you've been the recipient both times Wild Bill - imagine that mate

j/k - as you well know ...
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pussy!!! LOL LOL LOL
    Cool, this is only the second time I've used this particular emoticon, and you've been the recipient both times Wild Bill - imagine that mate

j/k - as you well know ...
    Coming from an "Aussie" going to "Egypt" on vacation, I'll take that as a compliment!!! LOL

Have a great time, Grant!!! You deserve it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to the trip, and catching up with you guys again in March
    We all float down here!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I'm already out on this one. Great item!

Country
    Country Flag

@randall : thanks. I keep forgettng that part ;-)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's outta my league now!!!

$147.50 last I checked!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$171 and less than 24 hrs to go!!!! This should go for over $200 at the very least!!!

Bid Folks!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

8 hours.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well i have been outbid - and pretty much at my max...too many books bought lately (and daughters student loans creeping up).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!! $357!!!!!

Awesome Auction!!!!!!! We should be within striking distance of $5,000 to date!!!! This community ROCKS!!!! RF, did a member win it?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not at liberty to say, but it isn't tough to figure out.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the winner. I'm glad this went for a decent price. This is a win for the buyer and the fundraiser. Good Job!

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

I tried! It would have made a nice set with the one from last years auction, but its not to be. Congrats to the winner!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    I tried! It would have made a nice set with the one from last years auction, but its not to be. Congrats to the winner!
    Ooh, I don't recall that one!!! How about a pic? I've got so many of these things buzzing around every year that they become a blurr!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    Ooh, I don't recall that one!!! How about a pic? I've got so many of these things buzzing around every year that they become a blurr!!! LOL
    Better get you resume together if you don't know:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Mark-Geyer-Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast