Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Dark Tower: Evil Ground

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

yeah it turns out that my store goofed when they sent out their weekly email of what was coming out. It was supposed to be here's what's coming out next month so get your subscriptions in now.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's out today. Got my copy a bit earlier.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I'll pick mine up tomorrow. Also WTF MARVEL AND COMIXOLOGY?! So Comixology or maybe marvel through comix stopped carrying the dark tower comics as far back as gunslinger born. They even are missing a few issues from an earlier arc. Anyways I just went on there and see that they have dark tower evil ground available for purchase. Why the hell would they start carrying the comic now after not carrying them for several years?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Back issues probably weren't selling and demand was low. My shop has a stack of The Gunslinger Born TPBs for $3.99 and the ones after that are five bucks.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did not like this issue at all. Even the art is lousy, and Isanove typically does really good work.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got this recently. On learning it was on Comixology I decided to download it this time. (I usually order hard copies of this.)

It works pretty well on the Comixology App for my Android tablet, although the automated panel-hop feature could be a bit better. (I.e. it will zoom into text areas but won't always then scroll/zoom out to show the rest of the panel when viewing those long panels.) It's not a big issue as you can still do that stuff manually.

I enjoyed the art
    Spoiler:
    although that didn't look like a rabbit to me.
    And while I found the story intriguing... (particularly the present day segment) it's not doing a whole lot for me. It's not bad, but
    Spoiler:
    Roland makes a rather un-Roland like mistake at one point, which seemed to be an excuse to make things go wrong and get exciting. And would Roland really sleep through the bit with the ghost? And what's a ghost doing sucking bones?

I also noticed a couple of minor errors. Actually one of those isn't strictly an error from a story point of view, it just contradicts what Robin Furth states in the after-word. They're very small issues that don't really affect the story so it seems a bit petty me even bringing them up.

I'd still like to see how it goes though. There's only one more issue to go after all.

Country
    Country Flag

My take on it was that Roland did not behave like Roland at all, in present or past. It read like poorly-thought-out fanfiction, to me. If that's the direction the comics are going to take, I'll be happy to see them come to an end.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

To me the graphic novel series are exactly that fan-fiction given the green-light and some feedback from King. Not that there is anything wrong that.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    To me the graphic novel series are exactly that fan-fiction given the green-light and some feedback from King. Not that there is anything wrong that.
    This. +1

I have no desire to see them come to an end. Nothing wrong with it. I might even spend a little now and then to check out a couple of the pieces. Just don't A.) expect me to spend loads for a whole collection or B.) throw references to some issue in my face as "proof" of an interpretation in discussion of the novels.

Country
    Country Flag

The second issue is out. Anyone else read it?

It's better than the first. Not one of my favorites, but not bad.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Burnette View Post
    The second issue is out. Anyone else read it?

It's better than the first.
    Good to know. I'm waiting for it to turn up on Comixology like the first. It seems they don't come out on a monthly basis there like the more mainstream comics.

One look at Comixology later...

Oh okay. I see it's there now too. Okay, feedback soon...

EDIT:
    Okay I've read it now.

While quite readable, I didn't think it was very good.
    Spoiler:
    Roland and co. are on the run. They're wounded and the enemy might have tracked them. They stop in ruins which Roland acknowledges might contain monsters, but never mind, we've got our guns. They all then go to sleep without posting a guard. Unless you count Sheemie, but he wasn't so much posted as didn't feel like sleeping, for obvious reasons.

And that resolution... dear me.

And the present day thread....
    Spoiler:
    well that didn't really come to much did it?

In terms of positive points, I thought the
    Spoiler:
    ghouls were suitably creepy. An interesting design. And I thought the whole dream thing was genuinely interesting.
    Last edited by Brainslinger; 06-11-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Too add to post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2