Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: which star trek was the best?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • the original

34 34.34%
  • next generation

47 47.47%
  • DS9

11 11.11%
  • voyager

6 6.06%
  • enterprise

1 1.01%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: To Boldly Go... Star Trek Discussion Thread

Traveler Philzilla is on a distinguished road Philzilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I'm curious on what is so intriguing about Star Treak. The original series is horrible, at least to me. Too cheesy and corny I can't watch it. Next Generation was a quality series and I watched it but wasn't religious about it. I just plain don't understand why they made Deep Space Nine. Voyager was decent, but Janeway is really a robot. Never saw Enterprise and it seems no one else did either.

Star Trek movies 1,000 times better than all the shows. Well, except for The Undiscovered Country.
    Then it seems like you aren't a fan of Star Trek
    I mean really, The Undiscovered Country is one of the best of the movies, usually ranked in the top three by Star Trek fans.
    And why make DS9?
    DS9 is the finest Trek ever created.
    Ira Steven Behr
    Ronald Moore
    Robert Hewitt Wolfe
    They took Trek where it had never gone before.
    Nothing Trek compares.

Quark: And the worst part is, my only hope for salvation... is the Federation.
    Garak: I know precisely how you feel.
    Quark: Here, I want you to try something for me. Take a sip of this.
    Garak: What is it?
    Quark: A human drink. It's called root beer.
    Garak: I don't know...
    Quark: Go ahead. Aren't you just a little bit curious? (Garak sips it) What do you think?
    Garak: It's vile.
    Quark: I know. It's so bubbly and cloying and happy.
    Garak: Just like the Federation.
    Quark: But you know what's really frightening? If you drink enough of it, you start to like it.
    Garak: It's insidious.
    Quark: Just like the Federation.
    Garak: Do you think they'll be able to save us?
    Quark: I hope so.

Just an opinion

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    I dunno I think the original series has never lost its appeal completely. Why else would they be making it into yet another movie after all the other spin offs haven't done half as well - excepting the next generation.

I heard that Spock will be in the new movie and Kirk was all disjointed because they didn't want him.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Who doesn't want the pirceline negotiator? He's THE SHAT!

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

TOS wasn't that bad, 20% were retarded peices of shit, 10% was kickass episodes that were very enjoyable. the other 70% just was boring or unremarkable. TNG was a big step, and was a good series. Voyager was alot of fun, and had some really good episodes, probaly one of the most imaginative series. but it usally focused on one character for these good episodes. enterprise..... sucked, with only 1 good episode that wasn't even set in the same universe.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Star Trek meant hope to me. Yeah it got cheesy sometimes but the message was there, and the guys were hot and the girls were too...

Country
    Country Flag

Star Trek meant hope to me. Yeah it got cheesy sometimes but the message was there, and the guys were hot and the girls were too...

I agree; the overall message was positive.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

My Mood
    Worried

It's only when Gene Roddenberry passed away that DS9 started turning dark...

Gunslinger Apprentice Sai Joshua is on a distinguished road Sai Joshua's Avatar

being a sci fi nut, I enjoyed all of the shows, I was too young to catch the original series as it premiered, but it was okay in my book, I agree with whoever said the movies were much better. I was really hooked on TNG, I guess those were my favorite, but I also liked DS9, Voyager(though not as much) and Enterprise( Scott Bakula is the man! I loved Quantam Leap, but that sounds like another thread.) I am not crazy about a new movie coming out trying to remake the original, but I will probably see it anyway.

My Mood
    Worried

I loved Quantum Leap!

And I will see the new movie if there's any chance of seeing any of the original cast...

Wouldn't it be great if Nichelle made it to the movie!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I thought Roddenberry died during TNG?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Curious, I haven't watched an episode of Star Trek since DS9, what sucked so badly about Enterprise? Or was it everything?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

enterprise had the wrong look for the 22nd centruy, and had the worlds largest amount of inconsistances.

i really dont want to see the new movie, but im probaly going to eventualy. but i have a very dark outlook on it.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Curious, I haven't watched an episode of Star Trek since DS9, what sucked so badly about Enterprise? Or was it everything?
    i only saw the pilot, but it looked a little too stylized. i'm also not scott bakkula's biggest fan. someone who watched more of it i'm sure had more to add. i really only liked original and Next Gen.

btw, has anyone seen the documentary "trekkers" about the most obsessed fans? it is hilarity in its purest form, particularly the dentist with the trek-themed office. i HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone looking for a good laugh at something unscripted.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll merge this with the other thread and change the title as you could still end up with two conversations going on.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Worried

I voted tos first then tng...

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked them all but I liked Enterprise the least. Had a hard time getting into it. Voyager gets 2nd to last. Between TOS, TNG, and DS9...I have a hard time making a choice. I suppose I'll always love TOS because it was the first. I grew up in the 70s and I was raised on it and I loved most of the movies. It did take me longer to warm up to TNG...first season was absolutely horrendous but it got better and better as it went along and ended up being absolutely great and First Contact may be the best of all of the Trek movies...not by much though. Wrath of Kahn, Search for Spock, and Undiscovered Country where outstanding too.

I suppose if I had to come from it through a completely technical standpoint with no sentimentality attached I'd have to go with DS9...quality of acting, story lines, the characters...I thought it was the richest of all of them all. It started strong and ended even stronger. Unlike any of the other series not one character in DS9 annoyed me. I loved the space station aspect of it as opposed to traveling through space. My enjoyment of the series increased exponentially when the Dominion story line started.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    btw, has anyone seen the documentary "trekkers" about the most obsessed fans? it is hilarity in its purest form, particularly the dentist with the trek-themed office. i HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone looking for a good laugh at something unscripted.
    I don't think anything beats the fat transvestite singing that Klingon song...I almost fucking died. Dude started to gear up for the song and I'm actually saying aloud, "No...oh fucking god no, don't, please!"

My Mood
    Worried

DS9 was my least favorite...
    Enterprise had TOO many time travel things going on...
    Voyager I'm just now finally being able to get into becuase I now have a station that plays it...
    TOS amazing
    TNG amazing...

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    I don't think anything beats the fat transvestite singing that Klingon song...I almost fucking died. Dude started to gear up for the song and I'm actually saying aloud, "No...oh fucking god no, don't, please!"
    Definitely another classic of that film. It's one of those that proves documentaries can be MUCH funnier than scripted comedy.

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite Star Trek moment;

My Mood
    Worried

I thought Roddenberry died during TNG?
    *laughs hystericaly*

Oh I totally typed the wrong thing there. You are TOTALLY right...

My Mood
    Worried

I really liked Enterprise but I thought there was far too much timetravelling going on...

But they had some mirror universe episodes which were AMAZING...

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Did anyone read the Wil Wheaton story I posted? It is awesome.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The revamped Enterprise won't be coming in for a landing on Christmas.

Paramount has pushed the release of J.J. Abrams' Star Trek from Dec. 25 to May 8, 2009, part of a larger scheduling shift now that the writers' strike is over and producers can look realistically at their films' ETAs.

Abrams' much-anticipated addition to the franchise, which will take fans back to Kirk and Spock's formative years, is now due out on the Thursday before Mother's Day.

To date, no other film jockeying for the same audience is slated to be released at the same time. The only possible eyeball-stealers at the moment are 20th Century Fox's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which is due in theaters May 1, 2009, and Sony's Da Vinci Code prequel Angels and Demons.

So, apparently, while moviegoers couldn't turn around in summer 2007 without smacking into a threequel, the summer of 2009 is shaping up to be the season of the prequel.

And there are plenty of Trekkers out there who aren't thrilled that their Christmas Day plans have been turned asunder, although plenty actually like that Paramount seems confident enough in the product to make it a warm-weather movie.

"I'm psyched that this gives them more time to do their stuff to make as good a film as possible, but also, I can't help thinking 'Damn it' because I'm already dying to see this movie as it is," wrote Kamen Rider Blade on a trekweb.com message board.

The Star Trek teaser trailer, which premiered last month before Cloverfield and features Leonard Nimoy's familiar voice intoning over images of the under-construction Enterprise, stoked fan interest.

"It means Paramount has great faith in the film," added timmer33. "They're seeing the dailies and know it has the potential to be huge. May is the time for BIG releases."

The prequel's cast is certainly big, rich with both newcomers and familiar Vulcan faces.

Among those venturing to the final frontier are Winona Ryder, playing Mr. Spock's Vulcan mother (a twist on the original); Zachary Quinto, playing young Spock (Nimoy will also appear as the older version); Chris Pine as Kirk; Karl Urban as Dr. McCoy; Simon Pegg as Scotty; John Cho as Sulu; Zoe Saldana as Uhura; Anton Yelchin as Chekov; and Eric Bana, playing the villainous Nero.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Did anyone read the Wil Wheaton story I posted? It is awesome.
    I'm not really a big Star Trek fan (although I liked the original series when I was young), but I did read it and it was a pretty cool little story. Pretty awesome really.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

But they had some mirror universe episodes which were AMAZING...
    yes ENTs mirrior universe episodes KICKED ASS! it was so much fun watching the CGIs of ENT(which i hated to the fullest extent) get pulverized by a Constitution Class (the USS Defiant)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast