Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: which star trek was the best?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • the original

34 34.34%
  • next generation

47 47.47%
  • DS9

11 11.11%
  • voyager

6 6.06%
  • enterprise

1 1.01%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: To Boldly Go... Star Trek Discussion Thread

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm so happy to have good Trek again. I didn't care for the new films much, so it's been too long!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still not sold on discovery.

The whole notion of the Klingon "cultural diversity" and other things I saw... it seems a it too PC. I don't mind a "cultural statement" in a show, there are may throughout the series, but Discovery looks a bit saturated with PC. Only two episodes though.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember what line you're talking about, Jon. I know the Klingons are more alien than ever before. If they were just like Worf and everything the audience learned to make peace with in Gene Roddenberry's metaphor for the end of the cold war, though, then the Federation would just look like jerks now that we're going back to the actual shooting war. It needs to be a credible threat so you can still sympathize with the good guys. That's why I think the nerds who just want continuity are silly; priority belongs on storytelling. It also makes sense they would want the war, which they always said would be too intense for what they were trying to do in the past, to be the focus now when they're trying to have a comeback.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

They're really calling it, "Star Trek: Picard"?

Oh, CBS.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thanks for posting, Mae.

Okay, I admit it. I was a bit skeptical about this series, but the trailer is winning me over. And as for the blatant fan service ... I'm kind of okay with it. At least for now.

I want old school Star Trek, but that certainly out of the question. But this is starting to feel like something I want to watch. It will depend a lot on the writing - Sir Patrick is a sure thing.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope Picard is good. Discovery sounds like a total trainwreck. I don't think I'm ever going to watch it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. Discovery really turned me off. But Picard SEEMS like it might involve the Borg at some point. Jeri Ryan hasn't seemed to age. LOL

Country
    Country Flag

What’s wrong with Discovery? Season Three looks really cool!

I like the look, the characters, and the actors in Discovery, but the writing is a bit of a mess. The Season 2 story arc was, well, dumb. There were some solid ideas at its heart, and scenes were exciting in the moment, but the plot did not make a lick of sense if you thought about it for two seconds.

I did find the retconning of stuff from Season 1 to try to line up with TOS canon to be entertaining and hilarious though. And Pike was great. Like, really great.

I’ll watch Season 3 just to see where it goes. But I hope Picard is a bit smarter.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Cool.

Pike was the best thing about Discovery Season 2, and although I'm a bit dubious about having Spock involved - I just can't seen anyone other than Nimoy as Spock, it always looks like an actor playing Spock - this looks very promising.

Did I mention Pike was great? Pike was great. And while I like a lot of the new Trek, having one series of old-school Trek is very welcome.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish for a remake of Enterprise. I like the more mechanical things...and T'pol in a tight bodysuit.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast