Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcements

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds creepy, doesn't it?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Well, yeah. Living Avs.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So if I log on to the site drunk off my ass, my avatar will start making fun of me?

NICE.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not going to say that may not happen.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

That'll be interesting to see.

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Living avatars

Dt specific word games and trivia
    Living avatars, intriguing.
    And I'm all about more DT trivia games.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love cutting edge technology

The dt trivia is going to require some help because we have several projects going on that front.

IRC auto bot
    Card game like watch me perhaps
    Dt based crosswords

Tons of work so I will call for volunteers when my part is ready.

I also found a suduku and Isketch for the sites.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!!

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The dt trivia is going to require some help because we have several projects going on that front.
    I'm sure myself and the rest of the "Trivia Tet" can help you out with this if you need some help. I can help out with content and ideas, but I wouldn't be much help in a technical way.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is exactly what we are going to need Vols, nobody wants that tech stuff.

Having help on content would be very valuable.

Country
    Country Flag

Joel, what are voobs?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by VolsToTheWall View Post

I'm sure myself and the rest of the "Trivia Tet" can help you out with this if you need some help. I can help out with content and ideas, but I wouldn't be much help in a technical way.

Cool! Trivia-Tet, I like the sound of that. TRIVIA ROCKS!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Trivia-Tet. Cool.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, we can come up with some questions ranging in difficulty?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Yeah, we can come up with some questions ranging in difficulty?
    I guess a trivia bot sort of thing would be cool. With like three difficulty settings: easy, intermediate, and difficult. It could randomly pull out a question from it's database based on your difficulty choice. I'm sure the Trivia-Tet would be able to supply plenty of questions for each of the difficulty levels desired.

Country
    Country Flag

And who would be the person that determines which questions are easy and which are more difficult?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    And who would be the person that determines which questions are easy and which are more difficult?
    I guess the individual submitting a question can rate it when they submit it, according to whatever categories are to be used, then a designated member of the staff can verify that the question is valid, and that it belongs in said difficulty category. Another idea would be to form a committee comprised of the Trivia-Tet, perhaps a temporary section added to the forums for the creation of this project? There we could bounce questions off eachother and decide if a given question is a fair question, and then what difficulty category it belongs in.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The bot I am working with now pulls from one flat file of questions randomly with a set number of questions specified by the person starting the game. It has other trivia as well, but the dark tower game is started by typing !trivia darktower 10 where 10 is the number of questions you want for the round. It is also a team game with two teams.

I could make it to where it has themes like darktowereasy darktowermedium darktowerdifficult with seperate question files for each, but you then run into the problem Monte brings up, which is who decides what is difficult?
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    but you then run into the problem Monte brings up, which is who decides what is difficult?
    Rating questions would be rather subjective wouldn't it? One question might be considered easy by one person, but might be more difficult to someone else. Of course a question is easy to you if you know the answer, so yeah it would be hard for one person to label all questions. It's the sort of thing that would be better decided by a group opinion rather than an individual one I wot.

Country
    Country Flag

The bot I am working with now pulls from one flat file of questions randomly with a set number of questions specified by the person starting the game. It has other trivia as well, but the dark tower game is started by typing !trivia darktower 10 where 10 is the number of questions you want for the round. It is also a team game with two teams.
    All of this sounds really swell. It could be like "tag-team."

I could make it to where it has themes like darktowereasy darktowermedium darktowerdifficult with seperate question files for each, but you then run into the problem Monte brings up, which is who decides what is difficult?
    It could be decided in the manner Vols suggested. The staff could read them and vote what they think of each.

Also, I'm curious about the bot: would there be a score-system of some sort? Are our totals from each session be compiled so we have a "Trivia champion" based on scores?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    All of this sounds really swell. It could be like "tag-team."

It could be decided in the manner Vols suggested. The staff could read them and vote what they think of each.

Also, I'm curious about the bot: would there be a score-system of some sort? Are our totals from each session be compiled so we have a "Trivia champion" based on scores?

As of now, it keeps a record of the most correct questions in a row as well as the fastest answered questions which you can view with !records and records for the hall of fame for most correct questions ever as well as the others with !hof !hoffast !hofstreak

Quote Originally Posted by VolsToTheWall View Post
    but you then run into the problem Monte brings up, which is who decides what is difficult?
    Rating questions would be rather subjective wouldn't it? One question might be considered easy by one person, but might be more difficult to someone else. Of course a question is easy to you if you know the answer, so yeah it would be hard for one person to label all questions. It's the sort of thing that would be better decided by a group opinion rather than an individual one I wot.

I suppose that comes down to wether you guys want a working trivia bot in place soon, or quite a while down the road. Sorting the questions would take forever, especially with a bunch of people voting on it, but if all questions are in one system with the questions pulled randomly, then once I get enough questions for a decent run of the bot, then I can just add new questions as I get them.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a Trivia-Tet committee to decide dificulty level would be great. You could maybe use a numerical scale (1-10) and pick the range for easy, medium, and difficult. If you had a committee, you would get a better feel for the difficulty of the questions, I think.

You could also set up a time frame for rating questions. For example, the committee could have a week to look the question over and vote on a given day, say Thursday, for example. That way you don't have questions in "ratings limbo" forever.

Just my two cents.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO
    I suppose that comes down to wether you guys want a working trivia bot in place soon, or quite a while down the road. Sorting the questions would take forever, especially with a bunch of people voting on it, but if all questions are in one system with the questions pulled randomly, then once I get enough questions for a decent run of the bot, then I can just add new questions as I get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I think a Trivia-Tet committee to decide dificulty level would be great. You could maybe use a numerical scale (1-10) and pick the range for easy, medium, and difficult. If you had a committee, you would get a better feel for the difficulty of the questions, I think.

You could also set up a time frame for rating questions. For example, the committee could have a week to look the question over and vote on a given day, say Thursday, for example. That way you don't have questions in "ratings limbo" forever.

Just my two cents.
    I know there are some people that are anxious for word games and trivia so I can understand getting a bot out sooner rather than later. If we are speaking of Dark Tower Trivia, then I would prefer to have something with a bit more time involved in its creation. Mayhap others would also be willing to wait for something that could be improved upon. Those are my two cents.

It would also be rare that everyone in the room and wanting to play would be on the same difficulty level, so I'd imagine it would be easier to just have one question base wher eyou had a chance of getting an easy or hard question.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast