Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 182 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    As much as I love 'Salem's Lot it already has two limited editions.
    Three if you count Second Coming by Take Five Productions (which may be the best of the bunch!).
    I've never heard if this, and am having trouble finding info on it, what is it?
    I'll let Ben Mears provide the details.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in! 'Salem's Lot has always been one of my favorites. Just wish I could afford the lettered though.

sk

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Also any word on who will be providing the art for this edition?
    PS edition of 'SALEM'S LOT

Meanwhile, in a desperate attempt to show Nicky that I can both walk and chew gum at the same time, we’re now decided on what’s happening with the PS edition of ‘SALEM’S LOT so that’ll be good news to the folks who dropped me emails wanting to know the score . . . and, in particular, the guy (Kevin something?) who called after two am (which is usually when only Harlan Ellison® is permitted to call) threatening (in a jocular fashion) to call regularly until he gets an answer. I just hope he’s a Newsletter subscriber!

Artwork by FANGORN, Intro by NEIL GAIMAN

So, ‘SALEM’S LOT. The artwork chores will be by Chris Baker (aka FANGORN) and the Intro will be from Neil Gaiman. There’ll be the now customary two states: an illustrated slipcased edition (about which more in a minute) and an oversized traycased lettered edition which will also include the ONE FOR THE ROAD PS chapbook from a few years back illustrated by James Hannah. I can confirm that James, Neil and Fangorn will be signing the lettered state while Fangorn will sign the regular slipcased edition. Any more information will be passed along as and when.

One more thing: while, as I said, the deluxe state will be an oversized traycased and lettered volume à la CARRIE and THINNER, the smaller edition—with the illustrated slipcase same as CHRISTINE, PET SEMATARY, CARRIE and THINNER—will actually be three separate and standalone novellas housed in the one slipcase, with each novella carrying its own wraparound cover and endpapers. And the three novellas? Why, surely it’s obvious:

THE MARSTEN HOUSE: THE FIRST PART OF ‘SALEM’S LOT
    THE EMPEROR OF ICE CREAM: THE SECOND PART OF ‘SALEM’S LOT
    THE DESERTED VILLAGE: THE THIRD PART OF ‘SALEM’S LOT

You’re gonna want this one, you warriors! Watch out for the order page soon
    This sounds like it is going to be a very nice edition of 'Salem's Lot looking to seeing and getting this. Now are there going to be a variant cover for this one also? It's going to be very interesting to see what all takes place with this one.
    Pete you guys at PS are just out doing yourselves with each edition. I wished PS would publish The Stand. Would love to see what PS would do for it.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Re: PS's edition of Salem's Lot: At first, I didn't really see the point of breaking up the novel into three separate books (I do REALLY like Ben Mears' idea, however, of doing something like that with DIFFERENT SEASONS- Pete, take note!). But- since we've already had so many editions of Salem's Lot come out (or coming out) in recent years- I'm kind of glad that they are at least trying something a bit unique. Still not sure that I see the point with this particular book- but I do applaud the out-of-the-box thinking on what would have been just another "edition". Now- how about 3 different dust jackets for EACH of the three different volumes- for a total of nine... just to make it fun.

I am absolutely kidding, of course. Please don't.

Ron

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Yeah, TCC . . . you guys sure do keep me on my toes but, heck, I love the enthusiasm. The way I see it, we're all of us working together. And I'm having a ball.

Yes, Brian at CD is right. But in case of any confusion, talk either to him pr to Mindy or to me (editor@pspublishing.co.uj) or Nicky (nickycrowther@pspublishing.co.uk) here at PS and we'll get you sorted out pronto.

Hey Frik--good to hear.

Stroppy, don't mention COLORADO! There ended up being 12 versions of that book. I got a call from Steve's agent saying that Steve had contacted him asking how many of these furshlugginer signing sheets did he have to deal with1 fortunately, bot Steve and his agent saw the funny side and we've been on good relations ever since. (Phew!)

JOYLAN? I haven't seen any variants of this at all . . . I only have the paperback (great story, this one). I clearly need to get out and find 'em--someone direct me, please. (I"m guessing there are many of you who would like to see me spending MY money for a change.)

Hey Allasorte--sure, I want to make a profit on these books, same as I want to make a profit on everying we do: it's a business, after all. But I don't want to do it at the expense of the relationships I have with PS's so-called 'middle men'. They're absolutely essential to us . . . plus they're friends. Simple as that.

Good idea about THE STAND, lost alive. I'll look into it.

As I will with DIFFERENT SEASONS, Swintek. Gee, ain't life grand!

Best wishes

Pete

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Re: PS's edition of Salem's Lot:...- since we've already had so many editions of Salem's Lot come out (or coming out) in recent years- I'm kind of glad that they are at least trying something a bit unique. Still not sure that I see the point with this particular book- but I do applaud the out-of-the-box thinking on what would have been just another "edition".
    Ron
    What I find interesting is that with three limited editions of 'Salem's Lot there still won't be a stand-alone single volume of just the original novel. Two versions include deleted scenes along with two short stories and the third, as we have just learned, will separated into three novellas. I wonder if CD has time to change their SL limited to a slipcased version of the novel accompanied by the deleted scenes and extra stories bound and slipcased separately. As long as there are going to be three editions it would be a bit more intriguing if they were truly distinct and different versions.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I think the Salem's Lot is a great idea. The artist pick is incredible! Definitely buying this one bc of the 3 volume idea. CD picked a great artist for Salem's Lot too.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I think the Salem's Lot is a great idea. The artist pick is incredible! Definitely buying this one bc of the 3 volume idea. CD picked a great artist for Salem's Lot too.
    I think it is interesting for sure... but the age old question.. how many more do we need?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I think it is interesting for sure... but the age old question.. how many more do we need?
    All these re-issues are superfluous. I just think this one is neat.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how PS is going to number the 3 editions of "Salem Lot but I HOPE they will number all 3 of the editions and not just 1 book in the set. That way all 3 of the books in the set will have the same number and make the set unique in itself. I hope that makes sense to everyone.
    I don't care if only one book gets signed but at least number each book like if you have #303 number all 3 books #303.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Need? None.
    Want? Many.
    If you decide you don't want it don't buy it, simple as that.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I know that THINNER lettered edition did not sell out, but I love to worry and here our my thoughts.

Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining, Stand and IT (in my opinion) are the books that stand out for collectors, after investing $7,800 in two lettered books (so far), I would like the opportunity (or advance notice) about the ability to purchase my letter before going up for sale to everyone else.

I know Pete considered which way to go before and decided to open it up to everyone each time, but just the thought of missing out on my favorite 3 books (if they keep going with these) is causing me to stress!!!

I am just throwing it out there for consideration.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I know that THINNER lettered edition did not sell out, but I love to worry and here our my thoughts.

Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining, Stand and IT (in my opinion) are the books that stand out for collectors, after investing $7,800 in two lettered books (so far), I would like the opportunity (or advance notice) about the ability to purchase my letter before going up for sale to everyone else.

I know Pete considered which way to go before and decided to open it up to everyone each time, but just the thought of missing out on my favorite 3 books (if they keep going with these) is causing me to stress!!!

I am just throwing it out there for consideration.
    The flip side to that is that some new (or even old) collectors could potentially be locked out of the opportunity of ever owning a Lettered (or even some numbered, if the print run was small enough and the period of exclusivity was long enough).

Grant seems to have taken it to the extreme. I remember late last year reading that they still had some S/L editions of some of the editions of the Dark Tower, but you had to prove you had bought the previous book of that number from them. I saw they still had a copy of The Waste Lands, I thought to myself, "ok, are you really keeping that copy of the book around for 24 years hoping that the buyer of the Drawing of the Three is going to suddenly decide, 'you know what, maybe I should buy that now'" I think its time to open that one up to the general public, or at least contact that buyer to find out if he/she is still alive and interested.

I know that's not what you are asking for. I just had to get that off of my chest.

Perhaps an advanced notification of the start of the sale time to purchasers of the previous book would be sufficient. (although that is likely to leak out anyway, so maybe pointless).

Based on the prices of the PS Publishing Lettereds you may have an easier time. Although I really would like to own a copy of every Lettered Stephen King book, I had to pass on the Thinner book, as that was just waaaaaaay over priced. Since I decided to collect, I have had the opportunity to preorder 3 lettereds, Salem's Lot, Faithful and Thinner. I snatched up Salem's Lot (but I probably would not have been able to if the number available had been reduced in order to satisfy the owners of the Carrie Lettered). I passed on Thinner due to cost. I debated about Faithful because it was very reasonably priced for a lettered with only 26 copies (IIRC), but I passed because its not really a book I care about (haven't read it, and since it is non-fiction and about a team I have no interest in, very likely I never will).

Just my counterpoint. I see your point and I think there are valid points both ways.

Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Need? None.
    Want? Many.
    I am not sure I agree with you there... maybe your pocket book can handle "many" editions of the same book... but mine cannot. There has to be a line somewhere. I am not alone in the thought that having 3 special editions of one book is a little much. So, it is really "simple as that" as you say? No, it's not. I want to collect every King collectable book as many others here do but most of us cannot afford to do that, thus making the goal of getting all of them someday near impossible
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think if Pete did it the same as he did for Thinner, you won't have a problem securing a copy with a matching letter. I do agree that these lettered editions are overpriced (sorry Pete), and the fact that the lettered thinner hasn't sold through yet backs that up. Maybe PS will take that into account when pricing future lettereds. One can dream. These have been a challenge because on the one hand, I've been ordering them and the cash investment is starting to add up, but on the other hand I have never been able to justify these price points.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Need? None.
    Want? Many.
    I am not sure I agree with you there... maybe your pocket book can handle "many" editions of the same book... but mine cannot. There has to be a line somewhere. I am not alone in the thought that having 3 special editions of one book is a little much. So, it is really "simple as that" as you say? No, it's not. I want to collect every King collectable book as many others here do but most of us cannot afford to do that, thus making the goal of getting all of them someday near impossible
    I agree, ultimately I think this could cause a depreciation in value in already existing editions, as new collectors who can't afford them all, will just choice whichever of the 3 editions he/she can afford, and thus the market for the others will shrink. Maybe I am wrong. But, personally as a collector who just preordered the CD versions, my urgency to buy the Centipede Press version has pushed it way down on the priority list.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am already thinking of getting out the lettereds with Skeleton Crew as I have only just bought the Scream Press one. Then there's another version of 'Salem's Lot after that. Again, I have only just ordered the CD one. Even if I only bought this lettered series and nothing else, i would struggle financially to drop £2.5K every 6 months. I think the interest in these is going to dwindle with each release unless the price is made more competitive.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

This is really starting to get ridiculous.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

New collectors are constantly coming on to the SK scene, they will buy whatever you don't want to buy. Just putting that out there.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there is some confusion here... My understanding is that there are not 3 SEPARATE versions of the book (like Thinner and now Skeleton Crew). There will be only ONE variant issued, but split into 3 separate volumes housed in one slip case. Obviously I am talking about the standard book here - the Lettered is a different book entirely.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I think there is some confusion here... My understanding is that there are not 3 SEPARATE versions of the book (like Thinner and now Skeleton Crew). There will be only ONE variant issued, but split into 3 separate volumes housed in one slip case. Obviously I am talking about the standard book here - the Lettered is a different book entirely.
    That was my understanding, like the Green Mile limited, with one book signed and numbered.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I think there is some confusion here... My understanding is that there are not 3 SEPARATE versions of the book (like Thinner and now Skeleton Crew). There will be only ONE variant issued, but split into 3 separate volumes housed in one slip case.
    That is what I read in the news letter. 1 slipcase, with 3 books in it. Meaning, when you buy Salem's Lot from PS, you will get all 3 books together. The set cannot be purchased separately, if I understand that correctly.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Better to be producing King signed editions when they can be produced (not that I can afford any lettered edition) as long as they are well produced, beautiful editions. That can't happen forever, unless Mr. King has found Mrs. Todd's Shortcut.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Stroppy,

The three editions they are talking about are: But i think there really are four editions now!!!!

CD Deluxe
    CD Artist Edition
    PS (published in 3 volumes)
    PS lettered.
    PS Variant Cover Yep, now we are sure to get one of these!

Right?

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Need? None.
    Want? Many.
    I suppose, it's not my goal though. I'd say in a circumstance such as this either readjust your goal or bite the bullet. Publishers, like any other business, are trying to make money, so if a product sells, why not make it? Our financial constraints and collecting habits (to a certain degree) should be the least of their concerns. Not all books are made for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 182 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast