Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 182 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be killer to get the storyboards and the extra short story, but damn man, no way I can afford PS lettered editions. As for the cover art... not sure what I think. I need to see a better quality picture.

I will most likely grab the regular edition though.

Gunslinger Apprentice bugen will become famous soon enough bugen's Avatar

Theli I'm with you here, I could never afford a lettered of Skeleton Crew. Unfortunately this is the one book where I might have to push against the reality of the situation anyway.

This was the book that I brought home from the library as a boy, after reading Eyes of the Dragon, and my dad forbid me to read it or anything else by King on religious grounds. I can look back and see it as a milestone event, perhaps the first, of a seriously deteriorating relationship with my parents that would result in major life choices like running away from home, getting into drugs, other stuff I won't mention, and it would be well over a decade before the relationship started to repair. Without this book, my life might look much different today.

Not that I want to celebrate the event, and I actually liked Night Shift significantly more, but this book had a massive impact on my life and I wouldn't even read it until 25 years later. If there's a case for stretching against what can be done, this might qualify. It hurts to think about.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

bugensbooks.com

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'll buy the book but that artwork is pretty unfortunate. It's not as bad as that The Shining South Park cover, but it's one of my least favourite King covers for sure.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    who can forward this newsletter to me? Please
    Done
    Thank you Brian
    well... this artwork is not for me...

And i have a question.
    in the newsletter and in the description on the ps pub page there is a description of what will be included in lettered edition.
    for example it states that Revelations of Becka Paulson will be included but as i uderstand, that description is only for the lettered. So... basic edition will be without that story and other stuff mentioned there?

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd have to agree that the artwork presented isn't what I would hope for on Skeleton Crew. I'm just a numbered collector so I don't have a high investment, but I would certainly not be pleased if I was in the Lettered line. It still remains to be seen as a whole, but THIS particular edition won't be something I pull out when I'm showing off my collection.

I don't yet have them in my hand since I JUST ordered them in the last weeks, but I think that Carrie, Christine, Thinner and Pet Sematary all could be.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe I'm the only one here who really likes the Skeleton Crew artwork ?
    It's my favorite by far of the PS King series. Well, maybe Thinner is my #1. It's a toss-up.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    Theli I'm with you here, I could never afford a lettered of Skeleton Crew. Unfortunately this is the one book where I might have to push against the reality of the situation anyway.

This was the book that I brought home from the library as a boy, after reading Eyes of the Dragon, and my dad forbid me to read it or anything else by King on religious grounds. I can look back and see it as a milestone event, perhaps the first, of a seriously deteriorating relationship with my parents that would result in major life choices like running away from home, getting into drugs, other stuff I won't mention, and it would be well over a decade before the relationship started to repair. Without this book, my life might look much different today.

Not that I want to celebrate the event, and I actually liked Night Shift significantly more, but this book had a massive impact on my life and I wouldn't even read it until 25 years later. If there's a case for stretching against what can be done, this might qualify. It hurts to think about.
    Wow. Sounds like a landmark book in your life. A must add for sure, good luck getting the lettered edition if you decide to go that route. Luckily for me my parents generally didn't care what I read or watched, just thought I was idiot for watching some of the crazy stuff I view.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    who can forward this newsletter to me? Please
    Done
    Thank you Brian
    well... this artwork is not for me...

And i have a question.
    in the newsletter and in the description on the ps pub page there is a description of what will be included in lettered edition.
    for example it states that Revelations of Becka Paulson will be included but as i uderstand, that description is only for the lettered. So... basic edition will be without that story and other stuff mentioned there?
    Pretty disappointing but that seems to be the case.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Folks

Yes, it's me . . . back to face the music. Sorry for the prolonged absence: busybusybusy with LOTS of work but also we're going through a bit of a family 'situation' that's burning up all spare (hah!) time and energy.

Okay, humour me, anyone who asked a question to which they didn't get an answer, and post the question here or send it to me at editor@pspublishing.co.uk and I'll do my best to sort it out.

I guess the first order of the day is the cover to SKELETON CREW. The reaction has been pretty damning--not 100% negative but very close to it--so I think we all of us here at PS need to re-think. I'll speak with Mike, who heads up our design team, and consider using the piece as one of the endpapers (or dropping it entirely) . . . which would mean our using one of the other pieces as a replacement cover.

I'm sure Pete (Von Sholly) will be disappointed at the reaction but, like me, he's a big boy and perfectly able to deal with the situation in a professional manner. That's the beauty of this forum: it enables all of us here at PS to get right down to brass tacks with the customer. Believe me, nothing will happen until I'm reasonably happy that most folks are cool about whatever we decide.

Until then, keep me posted with comments and questions. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Best wishes

Pete

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

May I ask why will Becka available in the lettered edition?

I've read in Justin's bibliography that it was also in the Screampress limited edition, but is there a reason? Was the story planned for the collection and then cut?
    Why reintegrating it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Pete,

Good job to you to adjust to an unfavorable opinion. You know we all want something that we can pull off our shelves and show off, and I think you can get there. Skeleton Crew is the tne that I've REALLY been getting excited for.

I think the main criticism was how crowded it was, which is understandable for a short stories collection. I'm not a designer, but simplicity of design seems to be the way that most design orders are completed. So find another iconic story and focus in on it's scary thing....something from the Jaunt perhaps? Or Spike The Milkman since he recurs.

The cover could be a really cool end paper like you said, it it just a little busy for the wraparound cover of unrelated story elements.
    WANTED

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Pete. It's great that you are always open to some constructive criticism, and take it as intended. Then willing to potentially make some changes. It's very refreshing and certainly appreciated. At least that's my opinion. As to the cover, the old "less is more" approach usually works out well in the end. Thanks again.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks Pete. It's great that you are always open to some constructive criticism, and take it as intended. Then willing to potentially make some changes. It's very refreshing and certainly appreciated. At least that's my opinion. As to the cover, the old "less is more" approach usually works out well in the end. Thanks again.
    Zelig said it perfectly.
    WANTED

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    So find another iconic story and focus in on it's scary thing....something from the Jaunt perhaps? Or Spike The Milkman since he recurs
    Although I'm quite happy with what I've seen so far, a The Mist related cover would be awesome. Speaking of iconic stories.

This is what you showed us in your last newsletter:

sk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    So find another iconic story and focus in on it's scary thing....something from the Jaunt perhaps? Or Spike The Milkman since he recurs
    Although I'm quite happy with what I've seen so far, a The Mist related cover would be awesome. Speaking of iconic stories.

This is what you showed us in your last newsletter:

sk
    I love this!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

very cool they'd contemplate changes based on feedback. (not a fan of the art either)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, very cool to see another publisher take on some feedback from the team here (I'm assuming perhaps there was also some direct feedback from customers who receive the newsletter?)

I have to agree with the statements above about the cover art not really doing it for me. A little too cluttered methinks.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, if there was a change to the cover, I would suggest that the cover has nothing to do with any of the stories. You put a "The Mist" themed cover and then all of a sudden it's The Mist and not Skeleton Crew.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Actually, if there was a change to the cover, I would suggest that the cover has nothing to do with any of the stories. You put a "The Mist" themed cover and then all of a sudden it's The Mist and not Skeleton Crew.
    Matt, don't forget that the original US publication of Skeleton Crew showed only The Monkey.

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

In fact most variations on the cover seem to be either The Monkey or a skeleton.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    May I ask why will Becka available in the lettered edition?

I've read in Justin's bibliography that it was also in the Screampress limited edition, but is there a reason? Was the story planned for the collection and then cut?
    Why reintegrating it?
    Sorry to repeat myself, but I am really wondering this
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just out of curiosity what is everyone's thoughts on Skeleton crew and thinner? I am trying to decide it I should buy them or not. I already passed on Carrie since I got the CD one but Thinner is nice as there is no other Limited of it yet, but what about skeleton Crew? I do not own a Scream Press one YET but I plan to soon. With that having a king signature and the new one not is it worth it?

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just out of curiosity what is everyone's thoughts on Skeleton crew and thinner? I am trying to decide it I should buy them or not. I already passed on Carrie since I got the CD one but Thinner is nice as there is no other Limited of it yet, but what about skeleton Crew? I do not own a Scream Press one YET but I plan to soon. With that having a king signature and the new one not is it worth it?
    Depends if you want multiple editions of the same book in your collection...if you're already planning a purchase of the Scream Press edition and don't want multiples, then I'd hold off. If you have the budget for both and want multiples, then you should. I already own the UK 1st HC of SKELETON CREW, and that's probably going to be good enough for me. On the other hand, my 1st HC copy of THINNER went AWOL somewhere along the line, so I'm on the lookout for a deal on the PS edition...'course, even if I still had my 1st U.S. HC of THINNER, I'd likely still upgrade since the PS edition is so much nicer...but since I like the dj on the UK 1st of SKELETON CREW (and the UK edition is "exotic" enough for this moderate U.S. collector) I'm satisfied w/ that one. I'm not as ardent a King collector as many around here, though -- many of whom would need every edition available -- so your mileage may vary widely.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Hi Pete,

The cover could be a really cool end paper like you said,
    My two cents: Agreed.

For what it's worth (and I'm just now aware of the planned change), this change in dj art may very well change my mind r.e. my above post where I remark I don't plan to pick up the PS edition of SKELETON CREW. To be frank, the dj art was a large part of that decision...since it is a volume that I love, this planned change has me potentially rethinking my stance, depending, of course, on what the new dj art turns out to be.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    The words are the same in both editions. If you're buying as an investment, I'm sure it's not going to sky rocket. If you're actually going to crack open the book and read it, then it looks to me like it's going to be a really entertaining edition.

Good point about the monkey on the cover John and Stroppy.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Another comment on the cover, and this is just my opinion of course, but when it comes to fonts, I find it's better to not add any major embellishments to the font. For example, adding a drop shadow, glow, bevel or embossing, etc. And of course, the choice of font. I've always been of the opinion that the font style used on a cover has such as important part to play in the overall design. A poorly chosen font, with various 'effects' applied can really hurt the look.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 182 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast