Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 182 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Do we have a list of members that have these? Should one be compiled? Just a thought.
    already done...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Do we have a list of members that have these? Should one be compiled? Just a thought.
    already done...
    Oops, my bad.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s...8.jpg~original

Pete,

I am not in the publishing business, but I was under the impression that each Carrie book would have a unique Remarque in the book. 26 unique remarks one for each book.

What I believe we received is an individual piece of art signed by Chadbourne. Am I misunderstanding the original sales pitch? did something change when designing the book? When other S/L and Lettered books have the remarques in the books, this one has a stand alone piece of art.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
    I am sure that Pete would accept a return from any customer that is not completely satisfied.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s...8.jpg~original

Pete,

I am not in the publishing business, but I was under the impression that each Carrie book would have a unique Remarque in the book. 26 unique remarks one for each book.

What I believe we received is an individual piece of art signed by Chadbourne. Am I misunderstanding the original sales pitch? did something change when designing the book? When other S/L and Lettered books have the remarques in the books, this one has a stand alone piece of art.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
    I am sure that Pete would accept a return from any customer that is not completely satisfied.
    just trying to get a better understanding of what is going on... What was stated vs. what was delivered.... Thought a forum like this is the perfect place to seek answers....
    nobody else curious?

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

first i don't own one - so its always hard to put your self in somebodys mood if you are not involved - but i would agree that the common sense of a remarqued book is that its drawn or painted in the book.
    i would understand it the same way.

most of the guys seam to get a benefit out of this, as they prefer the lose drawing over a remarque as they can display it separate. At least thats what i get from the opinions i have read ,
    but if you are non of this group and a remarque (by the common sense) is what you expected - i understand that you are disappointed, as it is just not what you got.

i had a similar case this year (stated details, expectations, reality) - and i just told the publisher and they where really very willing to find a solution, that was totally perfect for me.
    So I would probably discuss the situation with Pete

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Roseanne

It was always our intention for the piece of original art to be contained in a separate envelope within the package instead of tipped into the actual book (or, indeed, illustrated within one of the eight-page signatures before the individual copies are bound) and I thought I'd made that absolutely clear right from the start. So far, I've heard from some 12-15 customers and there have been no other comments along these lines. Let me know if I've inadvertently screwed up somehow. We've done the same thing with THINNER and we're aiming to do it again with SKELETON CREW. Depending on reactions to CARRIE, we will certainly consider how we approach further volumes in the series.

Hey, it's New Year's Eve, maties--talk to you in 2015.

Best wishes and big hugs from the Yorkshire seaside . . .

Pete

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Sorry, I just noticed there are more posts on this subject so another one from me seems appropriate.

I chose the "separate art" approach because I thought it was something a little extra. After all, you could conceivably approach an artist and have them remarque any book at all (assuming, of course, you have the money which seems to vary from project to project and artist to artist). Getting an artist to hand over a piece of original art is a whole different thing. Isn't it?

Pete

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I prefer separate art. And I do like how this separate art was presented.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hi Roseanne

It was always our intention for the piece of original art to be contained in a separate envelope within the package instead of tipped into the actual book (or, indeed, illustrated within one of the eight-page signatures before the individual copies are bound) and I thought I'd made that absolutely clear right from the start. So far, I've heard from some 12-15 customers and there have been no other comments along these lines. Let me know if I've inadvertently screwed up somehow. We've done the same thing with THINNER and we're aiming to do it again with SKELETON CREW. Depending on reactions to CARRIE, we will certainly consider how we approach further volumes in the series.

Hey, it's New Year's Eve, maties--talk to you in 2015.

Best wishes and big hugs from the Yorkshire seaside . . .

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Sorry, I just noticed there are more posts on this subject so another one from me seems appropriate.

I chose the "separate art" approach because I thought it was something a little extra. After all, you could conceivably approach an artist and have them remarque any book at all (assuming, of course, you have the money which seems to vary from project to project and artist to artist). Getting an artist to hand over a piece of original art is a whole different thing. Isn't it?

Pete

I posted in another thread that Glenn has kindly offered to remarque the lettered books for free!
    All a person need do is pay for shipping and insurance for the book to and from Glenn.

How's that for a member bonus!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, I think the separate art is the way to go. A person can keep it in the traycase, or mount and frame it for display. I have done this with 2 Michael Whelan pieces that came with Knowing Darkness. I look at and enjoy the pieces every day.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I personally don't have a problem with it not being in the book.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    FWIW, I think the separate art is the way to go. A person can keep it in the traycase, or mount and frame it for display. I have done this with 2 Michael Whelan pieces that came with Knowing Darkness. I look at and enjoy the pieces every day.
    Agreed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

HI FOLKS

FIRST OFF, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL. UNFORTUNATELY, I'M LAID LOW WITH EITHER FOOD POISONING OR A VIRUS, SO THIS'LL BE SHORT.

MANY THANKS FOR THE EXPRESSIONS OF SUPPORT ETC ON OUR APPROACH TO THE SEPARATE ARTWORK. MOST ENCOURAGING. I THOUGH IT WAS THE WAY TO GO MYSELF BUT IT'S GOOD TO HAVE THAT OPINION ENDORSED.

AND RANDALL, YES, GLENN IS A LOVELY MAN. THAT HE'S AGREED TO DO A FREEBIE REMARQUE IN THE ACTUAL BOOK ITSELF IS VERY TYPICAL OF THE MAN AND HIS RENOWNED GENEROSITY. (JUST NOTICED THE CAPS BUT I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO RE-DO.)

Okay, that's it: I feel like death warmed up. Back to bed . . .

Best

Pete

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A few weeks back, Randall mentionned that it would be possible to find a lawyer's contract signed and put them in the lettered, if Steve were agreeing to sign it.
    I actually thought that it was an inventing and clever idea...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

It sounds like a fun idea but I'm not sure Steve would go for it. Could be a step too far. When/if I feel the time is right, I'll mention it (and the whole THINNER signature issue) to him. Assuming he likes what we did with CARRIE then I guess he may be prepared to sign another lettered run. We'll see. I'll keep you posted. Feeling better myself now -- thanks for the flowers, bunches of grapes, pans of chicken broth and all the rude cards. You're not a bad lot, I suppose, deep down where it counts. Best wishes to all of you and to those folks who figure strongly in your lives. Pete

Along the Path of the Beam Langolier will become famous soon enough Langolier's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Pete
    Have you started shipping Cemetery Dance edition of Carrie?
    And will you get any copies of the Earthling edition of the Scarlet Gospels?

HI john -- I got a note from the folks at CD earlier this week to say my copies were coming out to me sometime next week. Of course, Sods' Law being what it is, that's also when our 974 copies of THINNER arrive. Sheesh! Guess what "I'll" be doing for the next three weeks or so!

Meanwhile, there are currently no plans to carry SCARLET GOSPELS.

Have a great weekend.

Pete

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the link to order Thinner is up HERE.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the cover of this the best of all of them... HOWEVER... I wish there was only one cover. The top one is so good!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Looks like the link to order Thinner is up HERE.
    According to Pete, Thinner has shipped. Expect it UK members, today and tomorrow.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I ordered mine months a go.

Country
    Country Flag

You guys get both covers?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    You guys get both covers?
    Sure did. I got mine through Camelot.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ayuh
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got both covers too...a little reluctantly, but I did...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 182 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast