Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 182 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

I realise my post above isn't clear. I meant to say that anyone who manages to order a THINNER deluxe who bought the CARRIE deluxe will receive the same letter. Does that make sense? Sheesh . . .

Pete

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Crikey! I'm not even gonna TRY to answer each of these points individually. Suffice to say that I'm kind of leaning to making the deluxe THINNER available to everyone. And those folks who bought the deluxe CARRIE will receive the same letter. I guess that's not going to make a lot of folks happy but then ANY decision I make is going to piss off SOMEBODY.

Meanwhile, once I figure out how to move a jpg into my Dark Tower message area, I'll let you see the THINNER signing sheet. In fact, I just spoke with Tim and he says I should send the jpg to him and he'll post it (probably just below this message, in fact).

But going back to CARRIE, we got the totally made up book and it really does look gorgeous. However, I wasn't completely happy with the blocking on the leather so they're re-doing it. But we're close to the end now.

Thanks one and all for your patience and generosity of spirit.

Best wishes

Pete
    Always happy to help, Pete!

Okay guys, check this out... It's the signing sheet artwork for the limited slipcased edition of Thinner and I think it looks bloody (pun intended) AWESOME!!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I really think Americans need to adopt "crikey' in everyday usage. It's a terrific word.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

I feel the same about your 'swell' but then, as 4th of July baby, I was doomed to take up Americanism whenever and wherever I can. One thing has always puzzled me, however. Here in Britain, we use the phrase "I couldn't care less" and here's an example of an exchange containing it:
    Bob: "I'm excited about the new vampire movie."
    Bill: "I couldn't care less about it."
    In other words, Bill is pretty much totally non-plussed with vampire movies.
    However, as I understand it, Americans would say "I could care less" in a similar context, which doesn't make sense to me. Have I got it wrong?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think the American version is meant to be dripping with sarcasm. With eyes rolling, for best effect.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of my pet peeves. At least in my experience, I don't think the people say it wrong sarcastically. I think they don't know any better.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol yeah that annoys me too. And the look on people's facecwhen you correct them is funny.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Suffice to say that I'm kind of leaning to making the deluxe THINNER available to everyone. And those folks who bought the deluxe CARRIE will receive the same letter. I guess that's not going to make a lot of folks happy but then ANY decision I make is going to piss off SOMEBODY
    I guess pissing off the 26 Deluxe Carrie owners is better than pissing off a hundred or so who passed on Carrie but may want to acquire Thinner.

As they say, it is what it is.......

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Suffice to say that I'm kind of leaning to making the deluxe THINNER available to everyone. And those folks who bought the deluxe CARRIE will receive the same letter. I guess that's not going to make a lot of folks happy but then ANY decision I make is going to piss off SOMEBODY
    I guess pissing off the 26 Deluxe Carrie owners is better than pissing off a hundred or so who passed on Carrie but may want to acquire Thinner.

There are 974 Deluxe Carrie owners. Thinner will be exactly the same. I'm sure Pete meant "number" when he wrote "letter"

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

There are 974 Deluxe Carrie owners. Thinner will be exactly the same. I'm sure Pete meant "number" when he wrote "letter"
    He is talking about the lettered version. There is no controversy over the numbered version.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to seeing the lettered Carrie... Interesting to see what the book will look like considering the price tag...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

While waiting on some employees this morning I went on Ebay UK & found a buy it now of $36.00 shipped to the US for a brand new Carrie/Slipcased edition. Pretty happy about the price! Have these declined in calue That much sense being published?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    While waiting on some employees this morning I went on Ebay UK & found a buy it now of $36.00 shipped to the US for a brand new Carrie/Slipcased edition. Pretty happy about the price! Have these declined in calue That much sense being published?
    Sounds like seller error, you got a great deal.

Ebay sales since August:
    $103.49
    $119.50
    Best offer (I'll check the sell price later)
    $100
    $109.99
    $175
    Mark Twain

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

What a deal. Good job!

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's definitely not a fluke. I just won a bid on eBay U.S. for the PS Publishing Carrie with dustjacket and slipcase for $45 total with shipping (Book is located in Wake Forest, NC). The oddball thing about it is it's listed as in Acceptabe condition, but the seller's description is...

[UK:] PS Publishing, 2014.
    Introduction by James Lovegrove; Afterword by Kim Newman; Art by Glenn Chadbourne. A brand-new, unread copy; this one of a limited number of copies bound without a signature page, as received from the publisher. Otherwise identical to the limited-edition release; a beautiful book, fine in illustrated boards, fine jacket, and illustrated slipcase.

A gorgeous edition; a less-expensive alternative to the signed and numbered edition, with everything the same--including the facsimile signature from King--except for the limitation page.
    Should be interesting.....

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Drake69 View Post
    Well, it's definitely not a fluke. I just won a bid on eBay U.S. for the PS Publishing Carrie with dustjacket and slipcase for $45 total with shipping (Book is located in Wake Forest, NC). The oddball thing about it is it's listed as in Acceptabe condition, but the seller's description is...

Introduction by James Lovegrove; Afterword by Kim Newman; Art by Glenn Chadbourne. A brand-new, unread copy; this one of a limited number of copies bound without a signature page, as received from the publisher. Otherwise identical to the limited-edition release; a beautiful book, fine in illustrated boards, fine jacket, and illustrated slipcase.

A gorgeous edition; a less-expensive alternative to the signed and numbered edition, with everything the same--including the facsimile signature from King--except for the limitation page.
    Hey Drake69, welcome to the site. Browse and post often!

AKC

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

From today's PS newsletter:
    The signing sheet for Stephen King’s THINNER is now on press and the slipcased edition will be ready to go to print next week.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't bought any edition of Carrie so my opinion doesn't count for much, but I can't imagine what the thought process was that came to the conclusion that it was okay for people to pay thousands of dollars for a book and then not get first dibs at a matching letter for the next in the series, something that every other small press publisher does with these kinds of books, even at much, much lower prices.

Oh, and people say "I could care less" because they're not intelligent enough to understand that what they're saying doesn't make any sense - you don't want to follow in their footsteps.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel the same about your 'swell' but then, as 4th of July baby, I was doomed to take up Americanism whenever and wherever I can. One thing has always puzzled me, however. Here in Britain, we use the phrase "I couldn't care less" and here's an example of an exchange containing it:
    Bob: "I'm excited about the new vampire movie."
    Bill: "I couldn't care less about it."
    In other words, Bill is pretty much totally non-plussed with vampire movies.
    However, as I understand it, Americans would say "I could care less" in a similar context, which doesn't make sense to me. Have I got it wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent
    I think the American version is meant to be dripping with sarcasm. With eyes rolling, for best effect.
    Bev is correct. "I could care less" is really like saying "I could care less, but not very much", or "As if I could care less."

It isn't very logical, although "I couldn't care less" isn't true. I am certain that most people saying "I couldn't care less" could. If even by not caring enough to comment at all.

They are both idioms. They don't have to be logical or true. We understand what is meant.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

The challenge here is balancing the (required) eBay description values with the actual state of the book. It seems misleading to use "Brand New" ("Brand New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. See the seller’s listing for full details"); "Acceptable" is not really right either ("Acceptable: A book with obvious wear. May have some damage to the cover but integrity still intact. The binding may be slightly damaged but integrity is still intact. Possible writing in margins, possible underlining and highlighting of text, but no missing pages or anything that would compromise the legibility or understanding of the text. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections"), but--in my opinion anyway--at least doesn't set the expectation that the book is perfect.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    The signing sheet for Stephen King’s THINNER is now on press and the slipcased edition will be ready to go to print next week.
    Anybody got a link to the most recent newsletter?

The one from Halloween is still posted on the website.....

Thanks!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Did PS ever "officially" release any copies without the signature page, or is this just an error?
    Mark Twain

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Anybody got a link to the most recent newsletter?

The one from Halloween is still posted on the website.....

Thanks!
    Spoiler:

ANOTHER DOFF OF THE CAP TO MR JOYCE We had a note from one of our regular customers—Pádraig Ó Méalóid—telling us that we’d somehow produced a copy of Graham Joyce’s 25 YEARS IN THE WORD MINES in which the page numbers were screwed up. I say ‘a book’ and that is exactly what I hoped . . . namely that it wasn’t the entire run. Thankfully, it wasn’t and we were able to resolve the matter by telling Pádraig to pass the duff copy to a friend who maybe otherwise not be able to see the book, and we’d send another copy for Pádraig. That has now been dealt with and everyone is happy. Pádraig was so happy, in fact, that he sent us this delightful photograph. “That’s Graham on the left, of course,” he tells us, “with (l-r) me, Gerry Doyle, and James Bacon, looking like a failed boyband. It was taken in Dublin at Eurocon in 1997. It was Gerry who received the ‘damaged’ copy, by the way.”
    Thanks a bunch, Pádraig.
    Going back, just for a moment, to Robert Guffey, those customers waiting patiently (for which, many thanks indeed) for their copies of the signed edition of Robert’s SPIES AND SAUCERS should know that some idiot has sent the signing sheets to Robert’s old address . . . and then when the sheets failed to turn up (quelle surpise, right?) we reprinted the sheets and the same doofus sent the second batch to the very same address! Jeez, where do they get these lamebrains, I hear you ask. Well, the grim truth is that this particular lamebrain owns the company. (Hey, come on . . . you knew it would be me didn’t you?)
    Anyway, we’ve set a second reprint in motion for the sheets to be done again and Nicky has been going through my computer and deleting any incidence of Robert’s old address. Phew!
    SIGNING OFF ON THE SIGNED EDITIONS
    Better news is that Nigel is busy tipping in the signature sheets for Kate Farrell’s MY NAME IS MARY SUTHERLAND, Matt Hughes’s OF WHIMSIES AND NOUBLES and Lavioe Tidhar’s BLACK GODS KISS so we should be sending those out next week.

The signing sheet for Stephen King’s THINNER is now on press and the slipcased edition will be ready to go to print next week. BEST NEW HORROR #2 (edited by Stephen Jones and Ramsey Campbell) was on running sheets this week and they’ve been passed, so the books (600 pages!!! Yowzer!!!) will be with us soon along with Richard Parks’s TO BREAK THE DEMON GATE. Meanwhile, the long-promised POSTSCRIPTS #32/33 volume entitled FAR VOYAGER will be mailed out later this month. (See, all you naysayers, it isn’t finished at all. Far far from it, in fact, but more on that score later.)

So lots of stuff coming up—we’re just sorry that one brand new and hugely exciting item has had to be put back to next year—next November, in fact, which should give you some idea of what it may be about. We’ll tell you later so just be patient.

UNUTTERABLE REVIEWED

We had a great surprise from Mark Valentine across at the wonderful WORMWOOD magazine put out by Ray Russell and the gang at Tartarus Press. It’s Reggie Oliver’s erudite review of S. T. Joshi’s two-volume extravaganza, UNUTTERABLE HORROR. With Mark’s and Reggie’s approval, we’re including it to sign off this week’s Newsletter. [click on the image below] So if you haven’t splashed out yet, then here’s the perfect excuse to do it right now.

Okay, this has been longer than I was aiming for but what the heck. It’s been good chatting with you. Have a great weekend, look after each other . . . and happy reading.

Pete
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

According to todays newsletter, there will be 2 different states of Thinner (different dustjackets and slipcases).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 182 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast