Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 182 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps I'm missing it, but most newsletters have an option to view the email insert as a stand-alone web page (Hint to Pete).

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I really like Dave McKean's work. It's unique and unusual. I especially like Springheel Jack.
    Yeah, I really like what I've seen of his artwork for NIGHT SHIFT. (And WIZARD & GLASS was the very first small press book I ever owed, so Dave has a special place in my collectors heart!)
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    looked very good to me. Hope CD's edition is just as good!
    Each publisher is taking a very different approach to the artwork, but I'm hoping that will make the collectors happy because it will mean two very unique looking editions!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am very impressed by the art so far! Like Brian said it's nice to have quite different style for each edition, and both with quite renowned artists (for King collector and otherwise).

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    What do folks think of the Night Shift artwork they shared?
    It's a bit avant garde for stories that for the most part originated from the men's sweat mags -- kind of a clash, a discordance beetween material and interpretation -- but, that said, I like it. Very interesting work, and it's hard to deny the appeal of the art itself, taken on its own. Plus, the art in CD's edition matches very well the men's mag vibe of the stories -- straightforward, brutal, literal -- so it's nice to have these competing approaches. To be honest, it probably sold the PS edition for me, since I wouldn't have otherwise thought I needed two modern-limited editions of the same book (not enough shelf space for that kind of luxury, unfortunately) if they'd both taken a literal aproach.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    What do folks think of the Night Shift artwork they shared?
    It's a bit avant garde for stories that for the most part originated from the men's sweat mags -- kind of a clash, a discordance beetween material and interpretation --
    I disagree. The stories "originated" in Stephen King's mind. At the time he needed to publish them for money, the buyers were Men's Magazines.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I too like the art and am excited about this as well as the CD edition! One of my favorite King books.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Pete I still haven't heard back about my order. I don't think you or Nicky are receiving my emails. I know everyone else I contact receives them fine. Please respond to my PM so we can get this resolved.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the latest PS newsletter:

Monday saw the arrival at PS Towers of the new uber-deluxe Stephen King lettered edition, SKELETON CREW . . . all 600+ pages of it. The book is sold out already, of course, to customers who took copies of earlier titles in the series. Estimated delivery time is end of October. Looks incredibly fine so hats off to the folks at Blissetts.

That's great news - especially to those who have been waiting for this edition!
    But Pete: if the books are in-office as we speak, why the delay in shipping?
    Or, were you referring to US customers who will have to wait a bit longer for their copy to arrive??
    As I live in the Netherlands - and the book will be shipped, say, next week..??
    Or am I being too optimistic here??

sk

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    From the latest PS newsletter:

Monday saw the arrival at PS Towers of the new uber-deluxe Stephen King lettered edition, SKELETON CREW . . . all 600+ pages of it. The book is sold out already, of course, to customers who took copies of earlier titles in the series. Estimated delivery time is end of October. Looks incredibly fine so hats off to the folks at Blissetts.

That's great news - especially to those who have been waiting for this edition!
    But Pete: if the books are in-office as we speak, why the delay in shipping?
    Or, were you referring to US customers who will have to wait a bit longer for their copy to arrive??
    As I live in the Netherlands - and the book will be shipped, say, next week..??
    Or am I being too optimist here??

sk
    Siep, Maybe it's just the books and the traycases need to be made? Anyway, I can't wait!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess that must be it, Jon!
    Regardless, glad the long wait is almost over.

sk

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Some great sales in the newsletter today! Hodder Revival for almost half the issue price. They had 8, I clicked to buy one, said in stock, went to add to cart and they're gone! Too slow I guess but that was awfully damn fast. Other interesting things available. Or maybe not by now....

Pete, if you see this, any ETA on a Night Shift pre order?

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Some great sales in the newsletter today! Hodder Revival for almost half the issue price. They had 8, I clicked to buy one, said in stock, went to add to cart and they're gone! Too slow I guess but that was awfully damn fast. Other interesting things available. Or maybe not by now....

Pete, if you see this, any ETA on a Night Shift pre order?
    I saw the news letter, clicked to see the price, was wowed by the great offer and that they were out of stock.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Latest newsletter announces Tommyknockers and Needful Things are the next titles to get the special treatment by PS. Hell, if they can get King to sign Needful Things, I may stretch for the Lettered.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I know i should not speculate, but it looks like my lettered, signed collection is going to continue to grow. With signed copies of Carrie, Thinner in hand, Skeleton Crew to be shipping soon and a promise of Salem's Lot -- will these be next?

And we’re all signed up and contracted for the following:

• THE TOMMYKNOCKERS and NEEDFUL THINGS, both by Stephen King (no Introducer or Artist has so far been appointed for either title);

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I know i should not speculate, but it looks like my lettered, signed collection is going to continue to grow. With signed copies of Carrie, Thinner in hand, Skeleton Crew to be shipping soon and a promise of Salem's Lot -- will these be next?

And we’re all signed up and contracted for the following:

• THE TOMMYKNOCKERS and NEEDFUL THINGS, both by Stephen King (no Introducer or Artist has so far been appointed for either title);
    Has Salems been confirmed to be signed by King Glenn?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would really like to see a nice proper S/L done of Needful Things.. not these books. Like a proper signed limited....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Great more crappy editions of King books. Unreal.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would really like to see a nice proper S/L done of Needful Things.. not these books. Like a proper signed limited....
    A super deluxe S/L of Needful Things is my ultimate holy grail!

Closely followed by a super deluxe S/L of Different Seasons.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Great more crappy editions of King books. Unreal.
    Cannot help but agree with you.... I am not a fan of any of these anniversary editions and have not bought one of them yet...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Tommyknockers was pure garbage. King admitted he was so high/drunk when writing it that he has no recollection of it. That being said, at least with Tommyknockers and Needfulthings, there haven't been 1, 2 or 3 S/L's already done.
    For now I am in wait and see mode.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be keen to know the process on how a publisher chooses which book to give the special treatment to, the process, rights, etc. I mean, Tommyknockers? Of all the ones you could do... Tommyknockers?!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I quite like TommyKnockers. The crazy gadgets run by batteries appealed to me although the ending was a little weak.

Now the movie, THAT was a pile of $hite.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Well...Maybe there will be a lettered edition as well.
    And going by the only lettered PS anniversary edition I have so far, Thinner, there won't be any complaints - certainly not by me.

sk

Along the Path of the Beam Pieter will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I hope they will do an anniversary edition of The Green Mile one day. Or Different Seasons. Fantastic books!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 182 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 ... LastLast