Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This seems a bit of a no brainer to me, but if you are going to use a picture of the Pet Semetary for the cover of the book, then use the sign that say Pet Semetary with a font that looks like it was written by kids for the title. Then have King's name either worked into the sign as well, or have it along the top or bottom of the cover.

Ken

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I buy the books for many reasons-esthetic, art, etc.
    Primarily I buy them to keep small press publishers in business.
    Probably unwise with my money, but it is my money.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    LOSE VALUE. NO Reason i can see that it would even sell out. Many here already expressed disinterest in the books. There is nothing special about the books EXCEPT THE AFTERWARD BY THE NOW FAMOUS BEV VINCENT. Just no reason for them. Of course i bought two copies just in case i am wrong. There is a sucker born every minute -just to be clear- that sucker is me.
    I even buy limited 700 copies of SK books with a facsimile signature. Why? WHY? Why?
    Simple answer to an age old question ???

Cos that's what we do

I jumped on both the Christine & Pet Sematary anniversary editions when they were first announced - and, although, like many, I'm not a massive fan of the font, I'm still looking forward to having both these editions in my collection (along with the facsimile 1/700 edition of Doctor Sleep of which you speak, to go along with the other four editions out of the UK and the five out of the US).

For me, the primary motivator for the publications I have are based on the completest chromosome buried deep within my DNA structure - I can't fight a genetic blessing/curse, so I don't bother trying

It's very rarely that I'll second guess myself subsequent to pulling the trigger on a given publication (or piece of art, or ephemera, or whatever) although I do consider the added value (aesthetic rather than monetary) that a given item will bring to the collection prior to committing to its acquisition (not always, but mostly - there are some items I have that I wish I could consign to the seventh circle of hell - however, as I do not know the way to the portal, nor do I possess the key to open it, they're instead confined to the "garage" collection)
    We all float down here!

Gunslinger Apprentice Rainet is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Someone over at the CD forum got his Christine already. So hopefully these are now really popping up at our door steps. He also mentioned he got #1 of 750!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know which book will come out first? I know which one is suppose to but.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Does anyone know which book will come out first? I know which one is suppose to but.

Christine first as far as I know.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

The PS website lists Christine as sold out. Can this be true?

Gunslinger Apprentice Groomp will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

neat!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy just arrived:

[IMG][/IMG]

I'll post more pictures in my collection thread (slipcase, endpapers etc). Don't want to take up to much room in this thread.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Very nice. I'm wondering now if I did the right thing by cancelling my pre-order of both CHRISTINE and PET SEMETARY...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Very nice. I'm wondering now if I did the right thing by cancelling my pre-order of both CHRISTINE and PET SEMETARY...
    I feel good about cancelling my pre-orders. It looks nice, but I am not a completist, and I feel that the future holds a ton of new anniversary editions down the road. No room on my shelves for them.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I feel good about cancelling my pre-orders. It looks nice, but I am not a completist, and I feel that the future holds a ton of new anniversary editions down the road. No room on my shelves for them.
    I canceled mine, just a couple weeks ago, and I am not upset that I did, not a bad looking book but not something i need. Can spend that money on other things.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If only they didn't have a facsimile signature, I'd be all over them. As it stands, though, I MAY pick them up on the secondary market if the price is right.

John

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

No, I'm not a completist, either, and before this edition was perfectly pleased with my UK HC 1st...but it sure is pretty, and I'm a big fan of MMS. I keep telling myself, though, that I did the right thing...maybe if I repeat it enough I'll start to believe it. The PET SEMETARY cover and font is, IMO, much less appealing (and no MMS!), so I'm having an easier time with that one.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I could not agree more. Very handsome production though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Those photos look better than I was expecting. I'm hoping the price will drop on the secondary market, and if so, I'm gonna keep an eye out for ones I think are worth picking up.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like those photos. Can't wait to receive my copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait for mine also. Did anyone get a shipping notice or tracking? I didn't get one.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get shipping a notice or tracking, but Christine showed up yesterday nonetheless. It's beautiful!

And FYI: PS Publishing did a FANTASTIC job packaging.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I didn't get shipping a notice or tracking, but Christine showed up yesterday nonetheless. It's beautiful!

And FYI: PS Publishing did a FANTASTIC job packaging.

Pics or it didn't happen!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Mine came! Number 580. Just a beautiful book. I love the slipcase. So happy with this purchase. I bet this week, the rest of you will start receiving your shipments.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the newsletter

Now, alas, there’s just one bit of slightly frustrating news. Despite the unabashed rave response to our 30th Anniversary Edition of Stephen King’s Christine—and boy oh boy, customers love it to pieces!—we discovered that a small number of copies have had Tomislav Tikulin’s gorgeous back endpapers (the one with Christine looking suitably wrecked . . . while the corresponding front end has her looking funkily pristine) were pasted in upside down. But, you know, the reaction even to this has been stoic with everyone who’s reported having received a copy of the goofed-up version adopting a kind of”Hey, things happen, Pete!” attitude, for which I’m grateful.

I called Stephen’s office (he’s in Toronto right now) to check on the early copy we sent him and they confirmed it was okay. Phew!

So, anyone affected by this simply needs to return the book to us at:

PS PUBLISHING
    GROSVENOR HOUSE
    1 NEW ROAD
    HORNSEA
    EAST YORKSHIRE
    HU18 1PG
    UK

and we’ll sort it out. Those fantastic folks at TJ will paste in a new endpaper—correctly!—and return the book pronto. And, of course, we’ll reimburse postage costs you incur returning it to us: just let me know by email at editor@pspublishing.co.uk Heck, who knows . . . maybe we’ve inadvertently created a new King Kollectible!

Did anyone get one of these?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone order these from Camelot? Hear anything?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered from Camelot but only copies of Pet Sematary.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered Christine from Camelot... I believe its shipping out soon.
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast