Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    But weren't the remarqued ones still in the lettered count, or were they outside that?
    It's all very confusing but I don't recall PS Publishing selling books with artist sketches in them. Weren't those all privately commissioned and sold later by Analecta Books?
    Yes...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on the art?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm thinking it looks pretty much the same as CD's. However I like palumbos art better - he is better at realism.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Any thoughts on the art?
    At first blush, like it a lot. But will need to noodle over the high-rez images for a bit.

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I think it looks great.

Pete, any news on the shipping of Skeleton Crew?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like it a lot. I wasn't too crazy about Carrie but Thinner and this one look superb.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I'm thinking it looks pretty much the same as CD's. However I like palumbos art better - he is better at realism.
    agreed 100%
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Do you think King will sign the Lettered

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    nope
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Why?

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

PS might want to change the spelling on book 1 cover from The Marston House to The Marsten House!

Country
    Country Flag

Cause he has signed one already (limited) and never signed a Carrie or Thinner thus why he did those... he may.. but I will be surprised. I have had this talk with others that are of the same thought.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did he sign Skeletin crew?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    PS might want to change the spelling on book 1 cover to Marsten House!
    1st thing I spotted too
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it looks pretty cool. The art looks professional and I like the 3 novellas idea. This may be my first PS edition (and UK gift, for that matter) .

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I'm assuming these UK Salem Lot books will be signed and numbered like all the others? I didn't see that in the news letter though it stated 974 copies like the others published.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

No confirmation...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Any thoughts on the art?

I don't care for the slipcase cover. Although 'Salem's Lot is a vampire novel it is really more about the state of Jerusalem's Lot as well as the specter of the Marsten House. What makes the novel so effective is the relatively small amount of time Barlow and his vampires are on stage and to have 50% of the cover art represented by him seems out of balance.
    I really like the mood and image for Book 1. Not so much for Book 2. The Emperor of Ice Cream is a poem about death and I would have preferred something more representitive than an image of Barlow. I like Book 3 as well although I would have included the Marsten House on the horizon as that is where Ben and Mark are heading for their final confrontation with Barlow. Better yet, add the the Marsten House and remove the figures as it would present a more effective vibe of the deserted village. Also would have included the title of each book on the spine only.
    This isn't meant to be negative or critical; I just would have gone a different route with some of the illustrations. I really like the three volume presentation and that it primarily why I intend to order copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Any thoughts on the art?

Don't care for the slipcase cover. Although 'Salem's Lot is a vampire novel it is really more about the state of Jerusalem's Lot as well as the specter of the Marsten House. What makes the novel so effective is the relatively small amount of time Barlow and his vampires are on stage and to have 50% of the cover art represented by him seems out of balance.
    I really like the mood and image for Book 1. Not so much for Book 2. The Emperor of Ice Cream is a poem about death and I would have preferred something more representitive than an image of Barlow. I like Book 3 as well although I would have included the Marsten House on the horizon as that is where Ben and Mark are heading for their final confrontation with Barlow. Better yet, add the the Marsten House and remove the figures as it would present a more effective vibe of the deserted village. Also would have included the title of each book on the spine only.
    Its ok... I do like Palumbo's better but its not bad the more I look at it. I agree with your Barlow comment too....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Its ok... I do like Palumbo's better but its not bad the more I look at it. I agree with your Barlow comment too....
    Overall I prefer Palumbo's work but I find Fangorn's Marsten House is moodier and less cartoonish.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

No confirmation...
    I don't know but I do know it was matching numbered like the others. I do know that whomever you bought your number from the past (I'm CD) then that publisher will have that number. I figured I'd ask about Salem Lot being numbered. I'd assume it is, but I figured guys here would have more knowledge then I.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

We will know more after we find out if he is signing Skeleton Crew. He is doing this to support PS Publishing. It is only 29 signatures. I think he will be signing both for PETE! I just hope the price does not go up! I hope the lack of sales for Thinner will be a wake up call to lower prices (not raise them).

Only one copy of letterred THINNER available to order. Get them while they last!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

We will know more after we find out if he is signing Skeleton Crew. He is doing this to support PS Publishing. It is only 29 signatures. I think he will be signing both for PETE! I just hope the price does not go up! I hope the lack of sales for Thinner will be a wake up call to lower prices (not raise them).

Only one copy of letterred THINNER available to order. Get them while they last!
    Agreed. Lower pricing please.

I have never ordered a PS book. For US orders is it less expensive to order via a third party like CD or is it basically a wash. If so a direct order probably gets processed and delivered much quicker.

Thanks in advance for insights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast