Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 182 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Saw this in their newsletter today:

Okay, I’m going to carry on with birthdays and celebrations with the news that we’re going to be publishing not one but *two* special anniversary editions—a right royal pair . . . a brace of Kings, even. Yes, as close as we can get to the original publication dates from way back in 1983 (April 29th and November 14th respectively) we’re going to put out 30th Anniversary Editions of Christine and Pet Sematary . . . with new wraparound covers, new two-page endpapers back and front (each one different) and full colour wraparound artwork on a special slipcase, along the lines of the ones we’re doing for our comicbook reprint series. So that’s four spreads—*plus* a half-dozen interior b&w illustrations—for each book. The artists will be signing the tip sheets and we’re aiming to run a facsimile signature from the author. We’re planning on either 300 or 400 NUMBERED copies so, as you might imagine, we’re very excited. I hope you are, too. Watch out for further announcements over the weeks ahead.
    I'm suprised by the small editions for these, but both are on my want list. Hopefully they won't be too difficult to get.

Never have understood the point of facsimile signatures...
    Mark Twain

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw that today as well - whats your guess on price. I am hoping it is around $125 and not much more...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds interesting. I'll be keeping an eye out fore more details when announced.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, with Mark Geyer as illustrator.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting... but fac simile signature from what i read ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Two slipcased gift editions of classic books with a small print run? Sign me up!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

PS always does a good job in my opinion!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If they are using facsimile signatures, I'm not that interested.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure I understand the trend of having limited editions necessarily be illustrated. If we are talking fantasy, that at least makes some sense. But why do realistic novels like The Shining, Pet Sematary, or Christine need illustrations?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    At least they are signed by the artist, but I'd prefer they skipped the facsimile and just called it a 30th Anniversary Artist Edition.

Pablo, I think they just want to add a little new content. Sometimes artwork is the only way to do that.
    Mark Twain

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Nor am I.

I only buy UK books if they are signed by King.

My already strained shelves would collapse if I did otherwise.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    Im more interested in them producing a good looking book to collect as you can't buy mint hardcovers of either book these days, more important to me than another King sig. I just hope they don't use the sig reproduction as an excuse to jack up the price. Gift editions are my favourite type of books to collect, artists editions not as much as the cost becomes excessive.

Always good to be able to get sme King books without having a humongous shipping fee. So recently we've had IT, Shining and now these two, all the gaps in my King hardcovers are filling up slowly but surely. I could really do with someone making a nice new Cujo edition, I hate looking at all the old ratty hardbacks from back in the day on the shelf.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't care what they are, I'm buying them.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I don't care what they are, I'm buying them.
    Me, too.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I predict $175 for each. i think they are in it for the money.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

What else would they be in it for?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    Fame...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Fame...
    ...Fortune and everything that goes with it, I thank you all....

Spoiler:
    Just saying.... LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Fame...
    Good one. I am just not one fo rcorporate greed.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Fame...
    But it's been no bed of roses...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I predict $175 for each. i think they are in it for the money.
    If they're only in it for fortune and glory, why limit said fortune with such a tiny edition size?
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post

John
    Im more interested in them producing a good looking book to collect as you can't buy mint hardcovers of either book these days, more important to me than another King sig. I just hope they don't use the sig reproduction as an excuse to jack up the price. Gift editions are my favourite type of books to collect, artists editions not as much as the cost becomes excessive.
    Well said! I agree- I love gift editions, and get very excited when I see that I can get- essentially- the same beautifully designed, printed and bound book (sans signature page, of course)- for a fair price. I remember King once said that he feels like everyone should be happy with "one" signature of his in our lifetime. I've got 4 or 5 (I couldn't even tell ya'- it really is all about the quality of the book to me) I'm good with that.

Having said that- I'm shocked that some of you guys are "hoping" (or, at least, speculating) the book goes for somewhere in the $125- $175 range. For an unsigned (by the only guy who should command a premium) anniversary edition? Sheesh, I'm hoping they're in more like the $60-$75 range!

Ron

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in your camp Ron. I'm a gift collector too, with a handful of signed copies. I'm looking forward to seeing what these look like, and fingers crossed for a lower price than $100+

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Fame...
    But it's been no bed of roses...
    Nope, no pleasure cruise
    We all float down here!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm in your camp Ron. I'm a gift collector too, with a handful of signed copies. I'm looking forward to seeing what these look like, and fingers crossed for a lower price than $100+
    I, too, will be interested in seeing what PS do with these two
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 182 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast