Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 182 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quality appears to not be a driving force in these decisions, which is unfortunate. Not that CD and PSP can't do nice work, but Centipede and Suntup do quality work every time.

King's relationship with Chizmar explains CD, but not the others.

It's tough to know what King could be thinking; he has complained about the exclusive nature of collectible editions (including his notorious flip-flop on CP's Salem's Lot), but continues to approve them, in quantity, year after year. If a $900 Centipede production was such a mistake, why approve the $4k PSP Carrie? Because it was easier to carry?

As for Suntup, I wonder if Suntup (not King) is preventing this from happening, as I believe Paul has said he only wants to do King books that haven't yet had special editions, and there aren't many of those.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

UK rights are different from the US ones and besides, who knows when and what did include the contract PS signed...

I think CD made great productions in the last decade. I'm specially pleased with the Doubleday books (my only regret is that Night shift didn't have the interiors by Mark Stutzman) both the content and the illustrations. If they could decrease their delays, I'd be all over for more King books from them.

As for Centipede, we all know it's not gonna happen. Time to move on.

I'd love Suntup to do another King book but if it's not signed, I'd prefer it'd be only a gift edition. I'm not sure I'd pay $400-$600 for a limited book that's not signed and I don't want to lose my Misery rights.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    UK rights are different from the US ones and besides, who knows when and what did include the contract PS signed...

I think CD made great productions in the last decade. I'm specially pleased with the Doubleday books (my only regret is that Night shift didn't have the interiors by Mark Stutzman) both the content and the illustrations. If they could decrease their delays, I'd be all over for more King books from them.

I'd love Suntup to do another King book but if it's not signed, I'd prefer it'd be only a gift edition. I'm not sure I'd pay $400-$600 for a limited book that's not signed and I don't want to lose my Misery rights.
    See I am GLAD Mark didn't do the interiors.. Chris was amazing and i prefer his work!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

See I am GLAD Mark didn't do the interiors.. Chris was amazing and i prefer his work!

I think they were both fantastic. Slightly prefer Mark, but by no means am I unhappy with Chris's work.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't really like his artwork, TBH. Not the style I like.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd really like to see Lividian get some more King love. I think Brian did an excellent job with Revival. Unfortunately, he's former employer would probably prevent him from getting the sig.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'd really like to see Lividian get some more King love. I think Brian did an excellent job with Revival. Unfortunately, he's former employer would probably prevent him from getting the sig.
    How so? They are still very close and Brian still works part time with Rich...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I'd really like to see Lividian get some more King love.
    CD should make an arrangement with Brian for Lividian to finish The Stand & Pet Semetary. Don't know how far along PS was when Brian left but he likely had a lot to do with the design of The Stand. I suspect both books see the light of day much sooner!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Please keep the discussion on this thread to PS Publishing only. Comments regarding other publishers should be posted in their respective threads.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    CD should make an arrangement with Brian for Lividian to finish The Stand & Pet Semetary. Don't know how far along PS was when Brian left but he likely had a lot to do with the design of The Stand. I suspect both books see the light of day much sooner!
    That's actually a really good idea..

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, any ideas as of why PS is apparently doing a limited of 112263?

60th anniversary of the events?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$$$

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simple. It would remove money for Rich's pocket and place it in Brian's. Rich wouldn't allow that.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    No doubt they would.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    $$$
    Yeah obviously
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    $$$

I really think this hits the nail on the head for most of these questions.

I mean it could be rights are harder to come by for USA LE copies from the parent Trade publishers.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Simple. It would remove money for Rich's pocket and place it in Brian's. Rich wouldn't allow that.
    His pocket might not be even able to handle it. It might create a whirlpool and implode.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is amazing that these poor paper cheap "LE" copies of Stephen Kings books are being flipped on the after market for $300-$350

I would much rather put my funds into an official S/N LE or even a fine/fine 1st Trade print.

I bought one copy of PS Christine off of these boards for $100 and I remembered thinking about receiving it that I wasn't really happy with the purchase.

It is very difficult for me to say no to ANY book because I have an affliction (book hoarder) but I haven't had much of a problem NOT acquiring this run.

PS King LE line is a capitalization on sai Kings overwhelming mass popularity. It just goes to show you that rabid fandom will buy anything at any price just if it has his name on it.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    His pocket might not be even able to handle it. It might create a whirlpool and implode.

Country
    Country Flag

I think it is amazing that these poor paper cheap "LE" copies of Stephen Kings books are being flipped on the after market for $300-$350

I would much rather put my funds into an official S/N LE or even a fine/fine 1st Trade print.

I bought one copy of PS Christine off of these boards for $100 and I remembered thinking about receiving it that I wasn't really happy with the purchase.

It is very difficult for me to say no to ANY book because I have an affliction (book hoarder) but I haven't had much of a problem NOT acquiring this run.

PS King LE line is a capitalization on sai Kings overwhelming mass popularity. It just goes to show you that rabid fandom will buy anything at any price just if it has his name on it.
    I haven't held a PS King Lettered so can't judge those. The LE's on the other hand; underwhelmed would be an understatement.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't held a PS King Lettered so can't judge those. The LE's on the other hand; underwhelmed would be an understatement.
    I have one PS LE book and it’s ok. Not worth the price point.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Sharpie signature ??

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Sharpie signature ??
    Correction: gold sharpie signature.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Example of artwork

+ Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 182 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast