Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 182 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    If i recall correctly, PS were going to send them about Christmas.
    And then Brexit happened?
    No there was a printing error that occurred to a number of copies (not all) and the affected copies were sent back to the printer/binder whoever and they expect to get the restored repaired copies back at the end of February. So in a couple of weeks they should start shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think Brexit will affect previous sales when it comes to publishers, J. I imagine that for final consumers it will only have a higher shipping cost.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Brexit has no effect on books as there is no VAT (tax) on books or shipping of Printed Papers.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not exactly true.
    I recently recieved some "books" (reprint of the SKIN newsletter) from the UK and had to pay a 10% custom fee
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

It's not exactly true.
    I recently recieved some "books" (reprint of the SKIN newsletter) from the UK and had to pay a 10% custom fee
    It is true. You should have claimed the 10% back. They made a mistake. I have never had a problem getting my money back when they make a mistake.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How do you claim it back?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    It's not exactly true.
    It is true. You should have claimed the 10% back. They made a mistake. I have never had a problem getting my money back when they make a mistake.
    There is no VAT on books COMING IN to the UK. VAT rates for export from the UK is down to the recipients own country.
    Also VAT is not the same as Import Duty. A very high value book could still potentially incur an import charge.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goods priced under £135 do not pay import taxes. UK Global Tarrif.

Repayment using form C285 from UK.gov

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Dead Zone must be fixed as I just received a shipping notice. Not technically shipped yet but it stated my item is in stock and should ship within the next three business days so no tracking info but I've never gotten anything like that from PS. Yay!

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered The Dead Zone through the King Catalog site and because that printing error he had to send them back.

Sounds like a logistical nightmare.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Just an update from the CD warehouse, re: THE DEAD ZONE. Our copies did go back for repair, but we have not received the replacements yet. I don't envy Pete's situation, and I'm sure he'll get them to us as soon as he can!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received my Dead Zone today here in the US.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine last week.

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

When it comes to tax and custom fee we Swedes are the masters! If I order something from outside of EU the Swedish custom will add it’s value with the shipping cost and then take a % in tax based on that sum. Then on top of that there is a fee that the Swedish post take for charging you the tax. The fee is 7.50 Euro, no matter how high or low the tax is. I have paid as low as 0.10 Euro and then 7.5 Euro in fee making it a total of 7.60 Euro.

The only way to avoid this is if the package is sent as a gift from a private person. A company can’t send a gift according to the Swedish post. It also needs to be clearly marked as a gift. It has to have a value below 100 Euro if I remember correct (gifts can’t cost more than that according to the Swedish post). And God forbid you put the value to 0, then the Swedish post turn it around and return it (without telling you) at the border because a gift can’t be worth 0 according to the Swedish post.

Lilja

Traveler JohnSmith will become famous soon enough JohnSmith's Avatar

So does anyone know what the printing error was? And what happened to the new introduction? I wonder if those two are related.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So is Cujo going to be the next SK limited released by PS?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    So is Cujo going to be the next SK limited released by PS?
    Must be. King tweeted about it with artwork

King Tweet: 11:52 pm · 20 Mar 2021
    CUJO was originally published 40 years ago (almost). The PS Publishing edition--1,000 copies, illos by Glenn Chadbourne--will be published soon, introduction by the admirable Sarah Pinborough, of BEHIND HER EYES fame.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Was there a reason that PS Publishing never did The Shining? It just seems odd that they did all of the other Doubleday titles.

Country
    Country Flag

Probably because Subterranean, CD and Folio already did them, so there were already a few out there?

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Needful Things was next.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    So does anyone know what the printing error was? And what happened to the new introduction? I wonder if those two are related.
    I am curious too as I just received mine.
    Looking for Pierce Brown Red Rising #557 from Subterranean Press

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I thought Needful Things was next.

That's what I was tracking. Wouldn't be the first or last time I was wrong.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

PS Publishing has some left over copies of "The Dead Zone"
    => https://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-d...ing-4963-p.asp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 182 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast