Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 182 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    in their newsletter today, they stated they still have a "few" Tommyknockers left to mail.
    INEXCUSABLE!!!

sk

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The UK is in full lockdown. Why should someone risk their life for you to get a book?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The UK is in full lockdown. Why should someone risk their life for you to get a book?
    Peter and Nicky Crowther have asked me to forward an update on The Tommyknockers, Signed Lettered Deluxe Edition.
    They will be in receipt of the finished copies by the end of this week.
    Shipping should start next week.

This was posted here February 4.
    26 Copies could easily have been posted that month.

sk

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Agreed. Nobody should risk their life to ship a book. Answer the phone? send a polite email? Say hi? It is not an $80 book.

I did not know that UK is in complete lockdown!
    We literally heard nothing. I was just worried that mine got lost again!

Grocery stores closed? My wife’s greatest fear! Mail delivery stopped?

Thanks!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The UK Parliament passed emergency powers this week. The UK is now a police state. The police can jail anybody they find on the street. Everything is now closed except for food and medicine.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you think such severe restrictions are needed?

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my opinion, yes.

Too many infected, too many dying. Over 1000 in a week or just over a week.

Government passing all sorts of laws to help people financially, bending over backwards to help. Running into £Bn’s I think.

Wouldn’t do that for nothing.

Added

I am far from an expert but in a year it may be treatable, with an antidote, but right now it is knocking ten bells out of the vulnerable (mainly) and worse.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Heard from Pete today, unsolicited. He shared how they're hunkered down on that side of the pond but my copy of Tommyknockers is on its way. He provided tracking information and hopefully it'll arrive shortly. I hadn't been chasing him as I generally trust that PS books will arrive safely in their due time. I really appreciate Pete reaching out proactively and trying to keep things moving despite the pandemic.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Heard from Pete today, unsolicited. He shared how they're hunkered down on that side of the pond but my copy of Tommyknockers is on its way. He provided tracking information and hopefully it'll arrive shortly. I hadn't been chasing him as I generally trust that PS books will arrive safely in their due time. I really appreciate Pete reaching out proactively and trying to keep things moving despite the pandemic.
    I heard from him to. Just to say my copy is safe. WTF this sucks I will have to wait till this is over I guess!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I think someone from this site reached out to him to express our concerns! Thank you to to who ever reached him and passed on our worries! Mine either shipped or will be shipping. The voicemail was in British and breaking up and I could not quite get the message. Reminded me of the third season of “sons of anarchy”. I could not understand a word those ilanders were saying. They might have been speaking French I could only understand a word or two. 😀

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone still not got their book or got a tracking #? I emailed Pete to see what the plans were and have not heard back... That was Sunday... hope they are ok.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I only have one pre-order at the moment: The Dead Zone but i haven't had any updates about this release whatsoever.

I received a newsletter three hours ago but nothing about the book, hope all is well.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Peter spoke to Kris and Glenn (as he states) only four days ago.
    All is well with them, it is the fact that everything and nearly everyone is locked down.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Peter spoke to Kris and Glenn (as he states) only four days ago.
    All is well with them, it is the fact that everything and nearly everyone is locked down.
    No sir. Last time Spoke was weeks ago. He left a message for me last Saturday morning with no contact since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

He rang you to reassure you that the book was safe, however the environment is not.
    It is reasonable to assume that nothing has altered since he last left you a message.
    I believe he also spoke to or left messages with a few other people.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    He rang you to reassure you that the book was safe, however the environment is not.
    It is reasonable to assume that nothing has altered since he last left you a message.
    I believe he also spoke to or left messages with a few other people.
    Yes I know. Was just wondering if all was ok. I responded back and no answer which worries me a bit is all. How they are safe and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I spoke to Peter last weekend, Kris. They were both fine.
    They are both at home I believe, which is what people are now expected and “instructed” to do.

Country
    Country Flag

Default PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

To the coward that sent negative rep. Yes, I am concerned about my book you twit. It’s a lot of money and even more so when one is laid off. But one can be worried about more than one thing. So, have a wonderful night and I harbour no illl Will to you during these times
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The UK Parliament passed emergency powers this week. The UK is now a police state. The police can jail anybody they find on the street. Everything is now closed except for food and medicine.
    This is complete rubbish and does not reflect the current situation at all.

The UK Police Force have been granted new powers to ensure "no-one leaves their home "without reasonable excuse". There is considerable freedom in this allowing people to leave their homes for specific reasons:

Shopping for "basic necessities", as infrequently as possible
    One form of exercise a day such as a run, walk or cycle
    Medical reasons, to provide care, or to help a vulnerable person
    Travelling to and from work, but only if it is "absolutely necessary" and cannot be done from home

The initial response to people found out without a "reasonable excuse" is education and warning. however this offence could lead to a fine (a £60 fixed penalty - lowered to £30 if paid within 14 days) and repeated offence even higher fines (£120 fixed penalty for second-time offenders, doubling on each further repeat offence)

Anyone who does not pay can be taken to court, with magistrates able to impose unlimited fines.

If they still refuse to comply, police can arrest them. - This is no different to any other offence involving non-payment of a fine.

Much of the UK population are following these guidelines voluntarily, stating that it is a "Police State" is ridiculous hyperbole.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Scotland is a completely different country with different parliament which makes its own laws. It has its own Police Force and Justice system. It has no connection with England's laws and Justice System.

Our police are taking a different approach from the rest of the UK.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    This is complete rubbish and does not reflect the current situation at all.

The UK Police Force have been granted new powers to ensure "no-one leaves their home "without reasonable excuse". There is considerable freedom in this allowing people to leave their homes for specific reasons:

Shopping for "basic necessities", as infrequently as possible
    One form of exercise a day such as a run, walk or cycle
    Medical reasons, to provide care, or to help a vulnerable person
    Travelling to and from work, but only if it is "absolutely necessary" and cannot be done from home

The initial response to people found out without a "reasonable excuse" is education and warning. however this offence could lead to a fine (a £60 fixed penalty - lowered to £30 if paid within 14 days) and repeated offence even higher fines (£120 fixed penalty for second-time offenders, doubling on each further repeat offence)

Anyone who does not pay can be taken to court, with magistrates able to impose unlimited fines.

If they still refuse to comply, police can arrest them. - This is no different to any other offence involving non-payment of a fine.

Much of the UK population are following these guidelines voluntarily, stating that it is a "Police State" is ridiculous hyperbole.

In France people are taking the piss with the excuse of being allowed to do 1h or exercise per day. The streets are still pretty busy, mostly with people waiting in queues to get into shops / bakers / butchers / buying cigarettes.... as well as joggers.
    I force myself to get out only once a week to do a refill of food and fresh veggies.
    I think that this is already too much. And I would LOVE to go do some sports and cycling every day as I used to. But I force myself not to. Because I can live a few weeks without sport, and people should force themselves too

At the moment, if someone goes out without the attestation, the fine is 135-150 euros.
    350,000 fines were given within 2 weeks

If that person is fined again, it goes to 650e
    The third time its 1500e
    The fourth time it's 3750 euros + 6 months in jail in the future
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The UK Parliament passed emergency powers this week. The UK is now a police state.

You posted "The UK is now a police state" not Scotland.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Scotland is a completely different country with different parliament which makes its own laws. It has its own Police Force and Justice system. It has no connection with England's laws and Justice System.

Our police are taking a different approach from the rest of the UK.
    Scottish police are convinced good whiskey kills the COVID?
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

Scottish police are convinced good whiskey kills the COVID?
    It doesn't. Lots of good whiskey means you just don't care

Scotland’s Chief Medical Officer must have been sampling some of it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 182 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 ... LastLast