Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Was Mordred born evil?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he was born totally evil.

30 45.45%
  • No, he wasn't. He was evil but there was good in him, too.

31 46.97%
  • No, he wasn't. He was born good.

2 3.03%
  • I can't vote because...

3 4.55%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mordred - and his complex personality

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean you can't?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculapius View Post
    It would be nice to curl up in the corner of the ceiling, though.
    Yeah... and to eat rats...

Roland would have understood.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    Wow, that's pretty harsh.
    I can't think of anyone who brought a story down more than Mordred. Its harsh, but its true. Had Mordred never existed Book 7 would have been 25% better. Its been statistically proven by Stephen Hawking.

Here's something that should have happened in WotC. Maybe I should make a post about in another forum.

Callahan: "If you give Susannah an abortion, I will turn the town against you."

Roland: "Hey, we're here to save your ass, not the other way around. So go ahead. Turn the town against me. And if you do, don't come crying when you have no one to pull your ass out of the frying pan and the wolves burn the entire town to the ground."

Callahan: "... Alright, where's the nearest clotheshanger?"
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted that he was born evil. He was a great character.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

Liar. You wanted to make out with him and loooooove him.
    He's mine, bitch! *slap*

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Pure evil, he ate a baby bumbler.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    Pure evil, he ate a baby bumbler.
    I think Roland would have eaten baby bumbler too if he hadn't found anything else.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Atleast he would have cooked it

Country
    Country Flag

And does it make any difference, huh?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

in taste it does

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but somehow if Roland killed a bumbler I think he'd be more humane than disemboweling it and eating its entrails while the bumbler cries for its family...but hey, that's just my opinion.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

yeah, he'd at least cook it

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So its not eating something, its how you eat it?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

or how much joy you take in the actual killing part.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

or, what you spice it with...............

nevermind

Country
    Country Flag

Eating a cheeseburger is one thing, torturing and mutilating the cow before eating it raw is another thing entirely.

My Collection

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Damn, now I want some tortured cow steak...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was just thinking how cool it would be to be a were-spider. Assuming, of course, I could be a "good" were-spider.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It would indeed be cool... to make webs, to climb walls....

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

A lot of people have expressed pity for Mordred, but it is hard for me to because of the grotesque image of his birth. He came into the world with a hard on, he clamped down on his mother's genitalia, and then he ate her after sucking at her bosom. Granted, I guess it could be argued that in the infant state all behavior is instinctive. As Mordred ages (rapidly), he becomes increasingly complex. I don't know...I found that he was a hard character to figure out and frustrating for me personally. He seemed to be a clear antagonist at first, and then it got confusing. He just seemed unnecessary.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    A lot of people have expressed pity for Mordred, but it is hard for me to because of the grotesque image of his birth. He came into the world with a hard on, he clamped down on his mother's genitalia, and then he ate her after sucking at her bosom. Granted, I guess it could be argued that in the infant state all behavior is instinctive. As Mordred ages (rapidly), he becomes increasingly complex. I don't know...I found that he was a hard character to figure out and frustrating for me personally. He seemed to be a clear antagonist at first, and then it got confusing. He just seemed unnecessary.
    I felt something very similar at the first time. I felt I would never be able to accept that character. I would never be able to get used to it...
    but thank God I could.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I felt and still feel great sympathy for Mordred. He was so lonely and angry. and filled with love and hate for Roland and his ka-tet. It was his destiny to try and destroy Roland but wonderful oy, who I still grieve, saved Rolands life.

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't say "full of love" but yeah... there was some love in him.

My Mood
    Worried

I feel pity for lots of creatures, even the undeserving.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I started to pity him towards the end of the tale (jeez just look at my user name) and that mayhap it would take Mia and Roland to bring him to the side of the White. In fact, I've come to think that
    Spoiler:
    Mordred is yet another "Horn" in that his conversion to the White, or at least some measure of love from his White Father, is required for Roland to break the loop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast