Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Was Mordred born evil?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he was born totally evil.

30 45.45%
  • No, he wasn't. He was evil but there was good in him, too.

31 46.97%
  • No, he wasn't. He was born good.

2 3.03%
  • I can't vote because...

3 4.55%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Mordred - and his complex personality

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by melliferal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    To me Mordred reeked of soap opera drama. You know, two characters do something they're not supposed to, a PREGNANCY occurs and all kinds of drama revolves around the PREGNANCY. Then the writers are stuck with a baby, an unfortunate side effect of pregnancy, and having to deal with a new character is now where near as fun or exciting.
    You know, that's a good point. And what do babies in soap operas usually do once they're born? They hang around for a week, then disappear completely for a few months, at which point they return as 18-year-olds.

...which is what happened to Mordred, really. He was born, and there was a big scene at that moment; but afterward he served no real purpose except to follow the tet and grow into an adult really really quickly so that when the time came, he could launch a pathetic attack and die like a punk. You see Roland getting closer to the Tower, where the Crimson King is waiting for him, and Mordred is hot on his heels, and you expect some awesome showdown to take place there....but no. It was a whole lot of buildup and no follow-through. Like Jonas in some ways - a whole book is spent exposing and developing his character as some total physical and intellectual hardass; and then when the time comes he's just simply shot dead, disposed of as quickly and curtly as any minor throwaway character.
    Sometimes I feel some folks have read another book. But that's why I am here. To hear about other views.
    Mordred like a soap opera character?
    Anyway he did serve purpose. I was afraid of him. Really. I felt he was truly powerful and okay at the end we could see he did no harm at all but all the way long I was afraid of him. He made the DT7 much more fascinating for me.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The King of Kings View Post
    Isn't Mordred a creature of the Prim? Not directly obviously, but via his relation with Crimson King and with the Crimson Queen being his "grand-mother". They only want chaos, and are totally disgusted at the idea of peace.
    He is. He is also part human. I think that's the question at hand. Is Mordred's nature wholly evil, or does his fractional humanity mean that he is capable of some form of redemption?
    redemption - no, no way (sadly)
    feelings - yes
    He was damned from his birth.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice The King of Kings is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    He is. He is also part human. I think that's the question at hand. Is Mordred's nature wholly evil, or does his fractional humanity mean that he is capable of some form of redemption?
    Crimson King is also part human as well is he not?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Kings View Post
    Crimson King is also part human as well is he not?
    He is indeed. According to the comic series...
    Crimson King/DT7/Comics

Gunslinger Apprentice CrimsonMordred is on a distinguished road CrimsonMordred's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Talking to him A BIT would probably not help that much. Roland would have to pull some fast psychology.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMordred View Post
    Talking to him A BIT would probably not help that much. Roland would have to pull some fast psychology.
    Who are you...false prophet?!?!?! heh..just kidding.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7