49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fine no problem with rubbing

14 28.57%
  • Damaged due to rubbing/ink transfer

35 71.43%
Page 56 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2918

Thread: The Shining S/L from Subterranean Press

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, that is bad business.
    Christine

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If your description is accurate (and I believe it is), that is pretty shabby treatment.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If they don't want to make a blanket policy, then the publisher should at least set a maximum quantity, so that you know the rules in advance and can market accordingly. Pulling the pre-negotiated discount without warning is a poor way to treat your larger customers.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Is a poor way to treat your larger customers.[/QUOTE]

I really don't see where that matters.
    Spoiler:

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Sorry that happened Ari. They have had issues with other retailers in the past.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

needfulthings:
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is poor form, Ari!! I guess you live and you learn. If it ain't witten, it wasn't said. Shame on them!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'm pretty pissed off at Subterranean Press right now. When this book was announced I contacted William and told him I'm a retailer and I'd like to know if I'd get a discount for multiple orders. He told me that I could have a 30% discount only on gift editions (Cemetery Dance allowed me to purchase S/L with the discount as well...). I agreed and started promoting the book. I got 17 copies sold, of which I purchased 15. The last two were sold last week when we made a final push before it's sold out. Today I contact William and asked him to send me the invoice for the two copies + S/H to Argentina including the retailers discount. He replies "At this moment we only sell to customers".

IMHO, this is BULLSHIT. It's BAD BUSINESS. If you grant a retailer discount and the store is advertising your book and get copies sold, you should define for how long that discount runs and TELL THAT to the store. If not, I'm using my resources and LOSING money for the orders I get. Today I had for breakfast that I'll lose money for those two copies. Luckily I didn't have to order more.

This is not the first time I have issues with Subterranean Press. Sometimes they don't reply e-mails, I was never able to get the S/H cost of NOS4A2 S/L to Argentina and I can't remember what happened with SK Goes to the movies but I remember I had to complain about my order as well.
    If you were misled then yeah, that's not right.

That said, I was led to believe that there would be no retailer discounts for this edition and the max of 1 S/L per person would apply to everyone. I have 20-some copies coming that I ordered on day 1 of the pre-order and I didn't get a discount.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Sub Press has a pretty crappy record when it comes to selling to book sellers. So I'm not surprise he renigged on the deal he offered you Ari.

Take for example CD, now book sellers who buy every book book from CD, and that includes all the smaller titles (I mean everything). And when CD gets a big project like a King book the sellers who have been with them all along get the King books too. Now Sub Press will sell to book sellers all their books, and the book sellers will buy all the good and bad titles, but when Sub Press gets a King book, then all their book sellers who have been supporting them for years don't get any signed copies they only get the Gift Editions. Even the #1 Sub Press buyer of books: Camelot Books does not get signed Limited Editions of the King book, they only get the gift editions. When The Green Mile came out and the book sellers were refused their normal allotment of Limited Editions, and told they would get zero copies, there were some who boycotted Sub Press and obviously stopped supporting and buying from them.

Bill at Sub Press is all about greed, that's why he charges top prices for books by big authors. His comeback is we'll we also offer book for $40. We'll yea, those are the books no one cares about. I have a love/hate relationship with Sub Press. I've been buying from them for 10+ years and I would like to not have to ever buy another book from them again if I could, but unfortunately he gets all the big authors, so I still have to buy from him.

Of note, The Green Mile took at least two years to sell out, if not longer.

Oh, I'm also sick and tired of paying $125 for a Dan Simmons book from Sub Press and it being the same quality as a $50 book from CD. Sure Dan Simmons and Sub Press made out, but I as the fan got shafted.

lol, I could go on for pages about my love/hate relationship with Sub Press.
    Geoff

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Sub Press has a pretty crappy record when it comes to selling to book sellers. So I'm not surprise he renigged on the deal he offered you Ari.

Take for example CD, now book sellers who buy every book book from CD, and that includes all the smaller titles (I mean everything). And when CD gets a big project like a King book the sellers who have been with them all along get the King books too. Now Sub Press will sell to book sellers all their books, and the book sellers will buy all the good and bad titles, but when Sub Press gets a King book, then all their book sellers who have been supporting them for years don't get any signed copies they only get the Gift Editions. Even the #1 Sub Press buyer of books: Camelot Books does not get signed Limited Editions of the King book, they only get the gift editions. When The Green Mile came out and the book sellers were refused their normal allotment of Limited Editions, and told they would get zero copies, there were some who boycotted Sub Press and obviously stopped supporting and buying from them.

Bill at Sub Press is all about greed, that's why he charges top prices for books by big authors. His comeback is we'll we also offer book for $40. We'll yea, those are the books no one cares about. I have a love/hate relationship with Sub Press. I've been buying from them for 10+ years and I would like to not have to ever buy another book from them again if I could, but unfortunately he gets all the big authors, so I still have to buy from him.

Oh, I'm also sick and tired of paying $125 for a Dan Simmons book from Sub Press and it being the same quality as a $50 book from CD. Sure Dan Simmons and Sub Press made out, but I as the fan got shafted.

I may not agree 100%, but I love your post.
    Positive rep coming your way.
    Someone (besides Ari) had to get it off their chest.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Sub Press, but I am just a consumer who chooses what and when. It is very interesting to hear these perspectives from the business relationship side. Kudos to CD for standing by their loyal business customers as well as us end consumers.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I've always been treated very well by Sub Press. No complaints here. But, like you Patrick, I'm just a collector who buys single copies.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post

Well said Geoff

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

So I was kind of keeping track of how many gift editions were left and yesterday it was at 24, now it is back up to 394, I guess a big distributor must have cancelled?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a hard time believing any distributor (other than Amazon) ordered 350+ copies.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My only real complaint about Sub Press is the lack of slip cases. For the money I shell out I really wish they came with the cases.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I have a hard time believing any distributor (other than Amazon) ordered 350+ copies.
    That's what I thought as well but what else could have happened? A glitch in the matrix? Solar flare? It's very weird

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    My only real complaint about Sub Press is the lack of slip cases. For the money I shell out I really wish they came with the cases.
    Well the Gift Edition for The Shining actually does come with a slipcase

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...il/the_shining

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he is saying that in general, Sub Press books do not come with slipcases.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I think he is saying that in general, Sub Press books do not come with slipcases.
    I see, I don't like that either, I thought he was referring to The Shining specifically because this is the thread for it, apologies

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Exactly. I'm paying $125 for their NOS4A2 edition, which is the same price I paid for CD's It 25th anniversary edition. Yet CD's came with a slipcase and SP's doesn't.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Rainet is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I hope it's a glitch. If not, then what a diaster this whole ordeal has been with marketing this book. The CD Doctor Sleep gets sold out within a week, but The Shining which is an upmost classic is still lingering. This should of been sold out by now. Oh how i wished CD released a limited edition of The Shining insted. Would look beautiful next to Doctor Sleep.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Rainet View Post
    I hope it's a glitch. If not, then what a diaster this whole ordeal has been with marketing this book. The CD Doctor Sleep gets sold out within a week, but The Shining which is an upmost classic is still lingering. This should of been sold out by now. Oh how i wished CD released a limited edition of The Shining insted. Would look beautiful next to Doctor Sleep.
    Ditto
    reality continues to ruin my life

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well in the end all that really matters is the quality of the book, and given that CD picked Chong for Dr. Sleep at this point the only significant difference in production between the two is the absence of Erin Wells (which I would have liked to see). I could understand if they had kept an artist that most people didn't like, but they changed that.

Also some new images from the site:

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

They are very cool

Page 56 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast