Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Twelve Days of RatMas-Contest

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Twelve Days of RatMas-Contest

The Twelve Days of RatMas
    A Haven Fund game for the holidays

On the first day of RatMas my true love gave to me: RATS RATS AND MORE RATS

We all know that He/She Who Owns the Most Rats Wins. Well somebody (penny) already won that contest, so we need a new rat game. The unofficial name is JellyRatz – official name is The Twelve Days of Ratmas.

The game: Guess the number of rats in Glenn Chadbourne’s newest creation and you WIN.

The Prize: An 11" x 17" original, one of a kind, Glenn Chadbourne painted color illustration signed and numbered (one of one!) and created just for the winner.

The Details: Similar to Guess the number of Jellybeans in the Jar game, we’re playing Guess The Number of Rats In The Artwork game. Over the next 12 days you can guess as many times as you want for $5.00 per guess – all proceeds go to the Haven Fund. He who guesses closest to the actual number of rats in the Chadbourne original piece (described below) is the WINNER. Winner will be announced on December 26. To make your guesses just PayPal (as a gift please) $5 per guess to Randall Flagg zoidsmith@aol.com and in your PayPal note tell him your guess or guesses on how many rats you think the artwork has. Glenn is the only one who knows the actual number of rats.

The Artwork Jar: We wanted to show you the artwork but Glenn is putting on the final touches so it’s not ready to post. But we’re ready to play! So use your imaginations and envision this:
    The size is 15" x 31" – Its huge. And its wall to wall rats: big rats, small rats, medium rats. You can’t think of this as the usual 8 to 10 rat piece. Little hint – more than 100 rats can easily fit on this canvas. So many rats, in fact, that it will boggle the mind.

Guess how many and you win!

The Fine Print: Last day to guess is December 24 Midnight Pacific Time. Winner will be announced December 26. In the off chance there is a tie Glenn will be tie-breaker. Your prize will be shipped in January.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Way Cool!!! Just to be clear, this is NOT a "Rat Remarque". That has to take place in a book so that title is still safe (for now!!! LOL) OK, I'm gonna make 5 guesses and send you a check to eliminate fees.

1. 100
    2. 112
    3. 105
    4. 120
    5. 130

This is so exciting!!!!! Santa AND the Haven Fund Whore all at once!!!! Who could ask for more!!! LOL

C'mon folks, $5 a pop for a $300+ art piece is a steal!!!! Get in there people!!!

Edit: Expect payment on the 18th
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a rat remarque. An original piece for the winner 11"x17". The winner can consult with Chadbourne as to what theme for their piece.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm in.

Then put your money in!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Go for it James .... RAT OUT !!!!!!
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Rat-Mas" LOL You folks should be on this like white on rice!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. I just sent in my entries! Good luck everyone.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An 11" x 17" colour painting by Glenn Chadbourne - with only the winner's imagination limiting the possibilities --- damn, wish I had of known about this BEFORE starting the Great Wall of Glenn project !!!!!! J/OK
    We all float down here!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is probably a dumb question, but are just guessing blind at the number of rats, or will the rat picture be posted at some point?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, but are just guessing blind at the number of rats, or will the rat picture be posted at some point?
    I hope to have an image/puzzle up by Monday-Tuesday at the latest. I understand most will wait to "see" before making a more educated guess.
    I can reveal that there are more than 100 rats, and less than 1,019. Hope that helps.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

For those of us who have guessed less than 100, can we update our guess???

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    For those of us who have guessed less than 100, can we update our guess???
    Yes. Anyone who has already donated and guessed can revise their numbers when they see the image.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Phew!

Spoiler:
    Thanks RF

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to clarify again. The winner does NOT get the oversize image that has many many rats in it. The winner gets a commissioned 11"x17" Chadbourne piece. The contents of the original are to be agreed upon by the winner and Chadbourne.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just wanted to clarify again. The winner does NOT get the oversize image that has many many rats in it. The winner gets a commissioned 11"x17" Chadbourne piece. The contents of the original are to be agreed upon by the winner and Chadbourne.
    Even cooler!!! So you win a free Chadbourne commission for anything you like 11x17 correct? That's a great prize!!!!! Rats, rats and more rats!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep in mind that this picture is far from finished, but this is what you get to guess with.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Keep in mind that this picture is far from finished, but this is what you get to guess with.

You mean this, is what we are basing "guesses" on in order to win the "real" prize, right?

Spoiler:
    If I am understanding this correctly, yes? BTW awesome theme and piece!!!! BTW, our "benefactor" for this contest now appears apparent.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. This is what you guess with.
    Quite frankly someone here is likely to have a 1/50 chance (@$5 per guess).
    I am done explaining it. At this point in time <10 unique individuals have attempted (and Ari isn't one of them). So odds are very good for a donation.

Country
    Country Flag

Not that I have any inside knowledge about this little game at all, however; I understand that, a couple of days hence, we may have something a little more ... complete ... to base your guess(es)

PS- Who's using my name in vain ????
    We all float down here!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to look up what a 'ronguer' is Looks like that's going to be a great addition, BP!!!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I had to look up what a 'ronguer' is Looks like that's going to be a great addition, BP!!!
    i will be guessing. just not yet. i hope to guess on Monday.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sure! I'll guess. But waiting to see more rats...

Country
    Country Flag

The rats are coming within the next 18 hours, so the rumour goes (some fortunate son heard it through the grapvine while running through the jungle, so it goes)
    We all float down here!

Ok I'm in. Payment and guesses sent.

I am curious what will happen to the rat painting itself.
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast