I couldn't find a thread of these two and since they have a loose connection, I thought I would put them together.

I was not aware prior to reading that there was any connection at all. I started reading Gerald's Game first. I was quite a ways into the book and started realizing that the book was going to be about the woman handcuffed to a bed and nothing more. I didn't really care for all the different voices she was hearing. While very sick and disturbing, the story of what happened to her during the eclipse was predictable and not very scary. Overall it wasn't one of King's better books. It had it's moments, but he has set such a high standard with books like Duma Key, 11/22/63, The Stand, IT, etc. that this was a little disappointing.

Unknowing of any connection, I picked up Dolores Claiborne immediately after. At times it was difficult because of the dialect, but picturing Kathy Bates talking made it a bit easier to visualize. Although, picturing Bates as a young skinny thing was more difficult. I did like this book. I really believed I had the outcome figured out, but as I found out, it was a little different. Her "use" of the eclipse was much more of King's style that I enjoy.

While others may not agree, that's my two cents on both of these books.