Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies everyone else has seen except you

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Default Movies everyone else has seen except you

A lot of these I’ve seen bits and pieces of but I’ve never actually sat down and watched the entire movie from start to finish. Some are by choice simply because they don’t look interesting to me. Others I’ve just never gotten around to for one reason or another.

It's a Wonderful Life
    Casablanca
    Gone With the Wind
    The Sound of Music
    Jurassic Park
    Any of the Alien movies
    Any of the Predator movies
    Reservoir Dogs
    The Usual Suspects
    Young Frankenstein
    The Godfather Trilogy
    Goodfellas
    Pulp Fiction
    Blade Runner
    The Big Lebowski
    Most of the Harry Potter movies (I think I saw the first one)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    It's a Wonderful Life
    Casablanca
    what the fuck are you waiting for?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Jurassic Park
    How
    is
    this
    POSSIBLE?
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Fight Club (the whole of it, anyway)
    The Big Lebowski
    Fargo
    Scarface
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Jurassic Park
    How
    is
    this
    POSSIBLE?
    both possible and advisable

: runs and hides :

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Fight Club (the whole of it, anyway)
    The Big Lebowski
    Fargo
    ditto

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    How
    is
    this
    POSSIBLE?
    Welcome to my world, Emily.

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a Wonderful Life
    Casablanca
    Gone With the Wind
    The Godfather Trilogy
    These are films that you simply HAVE to have under your belt.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've yet to see Gone with the Wind actually, Fernando. I'm guessing it's as good as they say, then?

- Melike

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Country
    Country Flag

I've yet to see Gone with the Wind actually, Fernando. I'm guessing it's as good as they say, then?
    No, not really.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    : nods :

I remembered there was a film everyone has seen except us

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gone With the Wind
    Casablanca
    Blade Runner

Those are the ones that stick out to the most to me

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not necessarily, but I think that it (and the others I quoted) are classics that need to be experienced at least once, regardless of your reception afterward.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    No, not really.
    Hi, my name is Bethany and even though I am a Southern Belle through and through, I've never seen or read GWTW.

I don't think there's enough bandwidth for me to list all the movies I have not seen.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It's a Wonderful Life
    Casablanca
    what the fuck are you waiting for?
    IAWF was actually on TV the other day. I watched a few minutes of it but it just didn't hold my interest.

The only thing I know about Casablanca are a couple of the famous quotes. Even though one is a famous mis-quote. I don't even know what the plot of the movie is.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    No, not really.
    Hi, my name is Bethany and even though I am a Southern Belle through and through, I've never seen or read GWTW.

I don't think there's enough bandwidth for me to list all the movies I have not seen.
    The server would implode.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

EFF YOU, FERNY! I have at least seen T2
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I haven't seen The Shining woooo, freak out about it.

Also, Blade Runner. Or any of the Mission Impossible movies (do people watch those?).
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't seen these:

Star Wars
    The Godfather
    It's a Wonderful Life (especially now that it's the Christmas season)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't seen these:

Star Wars
    The Godfather
    It's a Wonderful Life (especially now that it's the Christmas season)
    You just made me cry with this.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, Ricky, thanks for reminding me! I have also never seen any Godfather movies...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry (but not really)!

...or A Nightmare On Elm Street.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

OH MY GAN

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot of these I’ve seen bits and pieces of but I’ve never actually sat down and watched the entire movie from start to finish. Some are by choice simply because they don’t look interesting to me. Others I’ve just never gotten around to for one reason or another.

It's a Wonderful Life
    Casablanca
    Gone With the Wind
    The Sound of Music
    Jurassic Park
    Any of the Alien movies
    Any of the Predator movies
    Reservoir Dogs
    The Usual Suspects
    Young Frankenstein
    The Godfather Trilogy
    Goodfellas
    Pulp Fiction
    Blade Runner
    The Big Lebowski
    Most of the Harry Potter movies (I think I saw the first one)
    You have some great movie watching in your future, I envy you. Not knowing your taste, I can't say for sure which movies you are more inclined to like. I would say start with Jurassic Park. It's a pretty good crowd-pleaser. I noticed some Tarantino films on your list. I would say start with Reservoir Dogs. If you like that, move on to his other films. Some people either love or hate him.

I'm a die hard Big Lebowski fan, but it almost needs to be watched twice. The first time I watched it I didn't totally "get" it, I came back to it a year after my original viewing and I fell in love with it. I now own 3 Big Lebowski T-shirts.

I noticed some classic sci-fi franchises there. I would start with Alien. The first two are great then they fall apart. The first Predator is really good, but the second is just okay. Blade Runner is very different and I'm not sure if you will like that or not. Also, if you haven't seen those, it makes me wonder if you've seen The Terminator franchise. The first two are must sees. Goodfellas and Godfather are the staples of the mob genre.

This is a great thread. Even though I watch a ton of movies per year, there are still some classic films that I have yet to watch. I actually have Lawrence of Arabia from Netflix sitting on my table. I've tried to watch this film 2 times before and I've been unable to. Not because I didn't like it, but because it takes such a time commitment. Same goes for Chinatown.

I too have never seen the Harry Potter series. I'm hoping to read the books first, just hasn't happened yet. Damn you George R.R. Martin.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm a die hard Big Lebowski fan, but it almost needs to be watched twice. The first time I watched it I didn't totally "get" it, I came back to it a year after my original viewing and I fell in love with it. I now own 3 Big Lebowski T-shirts.
    I was exactly the same with Withnail & I, I really wasn't too sure about it at first. 2nd time, I got it, and then with multiple viewings, it's become my all-time favourite film. Sounds like Big Lebowski will be just my kind of film, then.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast