Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hax (and the other names)

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too, but I'd probably avoid the message boards afterwards to allow for serious, easy-flowing discussion.

Along the Path of the Beam Childe 007 is on a distinguished road Childe 007's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I want three................

dozen

of whatever Childe's been knocking down tonight...
    Shoot em up

and lets slumber away

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    He wasn't going to the Tower for Patrick. He was going to the Tower for and because of all the other people he named.

I feel the same way. Why call all the people that helped him get to Tower? I think he called the names of the people that most influenced him on his way. Patrick didn't do much of that and plus he was sort of weird.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Traveler nusik is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    He wasn't going to the Tower for Patrick. He was going to the Tower for and because of all the other people he named.

I feel the same way. Why call all the people that helped him get to Tower? I think he called the names of the people that most influenced him on his way. Patrick didn't do much of that and plus he was sort of weird.
    didnt do that much? sorry, but that is a retarted statement. roland couldn't have reached the Tower without him erasing Los'. but I guess the Tower isn't important, I mean its only Roland's lifelong quest, pfshh Tower.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nusik View Post

didnt do that much? sorry, but that is a retarted statement. roland couldn't have reached the Tower without him erasing Los'. but I guess the Tower isn't important, I mean its only Roland's lifelong quest, pfshh Tower.
    Nice! Insulting others' opinions! Good start! (sarcasm)

Simple fact...Roland didn't go to the Tower for Patrick. His lifelong quest, as you say, had nothing to do with Patrick. So, he isn't important enough for Roland to say his name. Simple really.

Traveler Ford is on a distinguished road Ford's Avatar

I got the impression that Roland for whatever reason didn't like Patrick very much. He said the Billy Bumbler was worth more.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    I got the impression that Roland for whatever reason didn't like Patrick very much. He said the Billy Bumbler was worth more.

I think he was annoyed he helped Susanna get away.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post

I think he was annoyed he helped Susanna get away.
    I should be re reading this soon. Its interesting, I look forward to it.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland cried the names he had to cry. What he felt. We can ask questions... why he cried Hax and why he didn't cry Patrick but in fact we must accept that he cried out the names that were deep in his heart.

Roland would have understood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For him Oy did mean more. But it's natural. Oy saved his life and he had been the part of his ka-tet for long so for me it's not surprising.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to agree with Monte's first post.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nusik View Post

All I meant was that Patrick didn't do much to influence Roland. He was just another person who was in his path to the Tower. Like many others that helped Roland get to where he needed to go, so did Patrick. Was Roland supposed to make a list and sit at the foot of the Tower and yell everyones names who crossed his path in the 1000 or so years it took him to get there? I personally don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Roland cried the names he had to cry. What he felt. We can ask questions... why he cried Hax and why he didn't cry Patrick but in fact we must accept that he cried out the names that were deep in his heart.

Exactly, Letti. Well said. And thank you for saying it so nicely too.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I always knew Sarah was "very special".
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

maybe Roland figured since Patrick was right there within sight of the Tower he didn't have to call his name because the Tower knew he was right there and saw him help. ...yes, i am being at least partially facetious.

Country
    Country Flag

At that moment... when he was there in front of the Tower I don't the he was conscious. He was no more than flesh with tons of oppressed feelings. He didn't think, he got rid of his chains that one was the freest moment of his life.
    He cried out the names he found in his heart.

(I think Roland needs time to love.
    I am sure he liked Patrick but they didn't spend enough time together. They met too late at the end of the path.)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was Roland supposed to make a list and sit at the foot of the Tower and yell everyones names who crossed his path in the 1000 or so years it took him to get there? I personally don't think so.
    Actually, knowing his meticulous nature, that's what I would expect him to do.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

At that moment... when he was there in front of the Tower I don't the he was conscious. He was no more than flesh with tons of oppressed feelings. He didn't think, he got rid of his chains that one was the freest moment of his life.
    He cried out the names he found in his heart.
    This is how I saw it also. Also, the names that he found in his heart were those that were part of what shaped him and his quest.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

all_hail... get outta my head.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think so. I am sure that list was something he kept thinking of, and repeating to himself all through the quest. However exhausted, confused, torn apart by contradictory feelings, he was still a gunslinger, who was taught, and who learned very well (the last survivor, remember?) to do exactly what he intended to; I am sure he could get it together at that most important moment of his life.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I don't think so. I am sure that list was something he kept thinking of, and repeating to himself all through the quest.
    Roland repeating something to himself? I cannot imagine that.

Country
    Country Flag

I can, and easily. I am sure that's the way he was getting through all Vannay's subject... slowly but steadily

Country
    Country Flag

It's interesting to see that you can imagine such a thing... we have never read about it in the books and for me Roland is simply not that tpye of guy who would repeat anything to himself.
    If you ask me if he had to remember 15 numbers to get into somewhere he would never think of it just when he is there and he would think ka helps him to remember, but he would never repeat those numbers to himself. There (at the door) he would see how he can manage.

I think he passad Vannay's subject because he is not stupid and he always knew enough to be able to pass - no more. He wasn't be best... maybe he was the worst but he knew enough to pass.

Roland is the man of the moment to me.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Right, It was ka.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    Right, It was ka.
    I said everything but this.

Country
    Country Flag

and what you said described your position (even if I don't agree with it) quite accurately without dragging in any superfluous entities.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast