Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dean Koontz--I know, but why not?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

They are candles.

Roland would have understood.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool

John F. Kennedy flair is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by flair View Post
    "Watchers" was one of the first novels I ever read, and came around the time I was getting into stepehen king. My aunt was big into both, and I mooched books off of her as much as I could. Great book. I read a few others in that time but forget the titles. I need to pick up at least Watchers and maybe a few others to revisit him.
    I just read watchers again and I'd like to downgrade it to decent. I was able to get through it, but I found almost all of it boring.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first book I read from Dean Koontz was the Watchers. I fell in love with it. I was about... 9 or 10 years old at that time and I didn't use to read. It might not be such a big book but it showed me the way to become a book junkie so I will always like it and I will be always thankful to Dean Koontz.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I listened to Odd Thomas and Brother Odd and enjoyed them both - it took a bit to get into the style but once i got into the story I was ok!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have many Dean Koontz books and have never read one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    And will you read any in the future?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I don't know. I have had some for quite awhile. Which should I start with?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I don't know. I have had some for quite awhile. Which should I start with?
    I think there is one that's a masterpiece. I have read it 4 or 5 times. I'll check its English title because I read it in Hungarian.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

okey! Let me know and I'll try to find it and give it try.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

The publisher was a bit crazy because they didn't put the real English title into the book... it's illegal.
    Okay. The tranlation from Hungarian to English is:
    The Sounds of the Night
    The Voices of the Night
    sound and voice - they are the same words in Hungarian
    Does it ring a bell?
    Sometimes the translators give other titles to the books because they think they are smarter than the writer..

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't sound familiar but my collection of his books is far from complete I'm sure. I'll lok for it.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

It's a very simple (and damn good) story about two boys and about their friendship.
    No monters... speaking dogs... stuff like that.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is The Voice Of The Night. I looked, but I don't have it. My roommate has many Koontz books though. I'll have to look for it. His HC books are organized. His paperbacks are beyond organization.

If you rescue me

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I listened to Odd Thomas and Brother Odd and enjoyed them both - it took a bit to get into the style but once i got into the story I was ok!

What did you think of the reader? In my mind, that guy is totally the voice of Odd Thomas.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Doctor's Daughter Mist_on_the_Water is on a distinguished road Mist_on_the_Water's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Does anybody here read Dean Koontz?

Other than King, he is my favorite author. They rank about the same on my shelf. His works are alittle less horror and a litte more mystery but they are still incredibly good reads and i suggest to any King fans that they ought to try Koontz as well. My first one was By The Light of the Moon, and I've read many since then, one of my favorites being one called Watchers, which was made into I think four different movies.

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Watchers, and I used to read Koontz a lot. I stopped reading him, because his stories became really repitive for me. It seemed to me like he kept writing the same story over and over again.
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I've tried to get into him a couple of times, but I gave up.

The Doctor's Daughter Mist_on_the_Water is on a distinguished road Mist_on_the_Water's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

eh, i don't mind the repetetiveness much, but I've never noticed it too badly. I mean yeah it's in a couple but I've read Velocity and By the light og the moon, thingslike that, they don't seem to bad.

What I like about his books are things like BtLotM where the entirety of the books takes place in only a few hours.

Country
    Country Flag

Ticktock was a goodie too, but I'm no horror reader (I don't read king's scarier novels) so i had to put it down for bout a month halfway through, but it was excellent

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't follow much Dean Koontz (although I loved Intensity), but my friend really enjoys him. She recommended one of his newer (maybe newest?) books to me, something about a woman and golden retrievers? Does that ring any bells?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

sounds like Watchers, or maybe his newest book "The last evening of the year"..i think it has a golden retriever on the front though i havent read it yet

Koontz has a tretriever, I've noticed the dog has a lot to do with Koontz's books as far as inspiration goes XD

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Last Evening of the Year....that's it! Thanks.

I've had it recommended to me several times in the past week. I just may have to check it out!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

tell me how it is! I haven't got enough money to get it just yet but I wouldn't mind a little opinion X3

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I read a bunch of his books.

Seems like he just changed up character names and minor events from book to book and kept releasing more or less the same story under different names.

At least, they all felt the same.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast