Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Sleep-The Shining II

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    If Grant does it, only the people with TWTTK would get it. Not cool.
    True to a point...but people are going to get shut out no matter what. At least Grant screws people with a deliberate plan, as opposed to internet glitches, etc....plus, Grant seems to be cheaper than CD. (and I'd be assured a copy with Grant, but I promise that has nothing to do with my position...haha...)

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the link again, hopefully it works.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    If Grant does it, only the people with TWTTK would get it. Not cool.
    True to a point...but people are going to get shut out no matter what. At least Grant screws people with a deliberate plan, as opposed to internet glitches, etc....plus, Grant seems to be cheaper than CD. (and I'd be assured a copy with Grant, but I promise that has nothing to do with my position...haha...)
    I like that way of looking at it. Somebody's gonna get boned...at least there is no surprise.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

No way peeps, this would be one s/l I'd pay what ever the hell they asked for, so I at least want the smell of a chance to buy one lol. (I don't have WTTK s/l obviously)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If Grant does it, the limitation is 750. That's all King would sign-sorry. Pure speculation on my part. Please don't quote me.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think SK should put his pen where his mouth is and agree to sign 5000 copies, which would flush the value down the toilet.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Here's the link again, hopefully it works.
    Thanks, Tony, that one works!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Please don't quote me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I own one of SubPress' lettereds - it's a very nice edition, but I can't even begin to imagine what they'll have to come up with to justify spending $2500.00! For now, it's a no-show for me.

sk
    I can't believe how nice this is, wow!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think Dr. Sleep has run into any problems; Publication dates are picked for a reason - one being to not collide with other "superstars" not to come out at the same time and affect the other's sales! See its all about the money for the publishing companies!

And I too am torn as to which I would buy if perchance Dr Sleep has a S/L - I am leaning towards the new book, BUT The Shining is one of my all time faves - definitely top 5 SK ever! Better buy some Lottery tickets!

Another train of (perish the) thought is to sell something else in my collection that would give me the cash needed. It would have to be a S/L Anthology I think. I just hate to get rid of anything in my collection other that a duplicate and it'd take a lot of duplicate magazines and comics to make up that amount of cash! How about an entire (almost anyways) SK audio cassette collection - you know someone wants it for posterity - cassettes? what the hell are cassettes? :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

If Grant does the book the people who have the numbers will be happy and the people who don't will not be happy. And I'm one of the ones that will not be happy. I was able to buy a LSOE with my DT VII purchase, but not The Wind Through the Keyhole because my number was too high. Once that happened, I stated I never wanted to see Grant do a King Limited again, and I still stand by that. If you want to match numbers great everyones does that, but if you want to match numbers to a system that has gone back 20 years then you got a problem. Only the older fans and booksellers have those numbers, and new fans have no chance. The Sub Press edition of The Shinning gives everyone a fair chance of procuring the book, the way Grant does it it does not give fans a fair chance. Yes people will get shut out both ways, but one way everyone has a chance.

Now I will agree that if any new Dark Tower books come out Grant should still use the system as they can't break it now, but if they did Dr. Sleep a story unrelated to the Dark Tower it would be ridiculous to match numbers. I would vehemently appose this.
    Geoff

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All I know is I need to save up some money !!!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I do like the Lettered Edition a lot. If I ever had that type of money I would like to buy one. I think its a beautiful book. It's odd because the Limited of the Green Mile was sooooooo bland. The Gift Edition has more style than the Limited.
    Geoff

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    If Grant does the book the people who have the numbers will be happy and the people who don't will not be happy. And I'm one of the ones that will not be happy. I was able to buy a LSOE with my DT VII purchase, but not The Wind Through the Keyhole because my number was too high. Once that happened, I stated I never wanted to see Grant do a King Limited again, and I still stand by that. If you want to match numbers great everyones does that, but if you want to match numbers to a system that has gone back 20 years then you got a problem. Only the older fans and booksellers have those numbers, and new fans have no chance. The Sub Press edition of The Shinning gives everyone a fair chance of procuring the book, the way Grant does it it does not give fans a fair chance. Yes people will get shut out both ways, but one way everyone has a chance.

Now I will agree that if any new Dark Tower books come out Grant should still use the system as they can't break it now, but if they did Dr. Sleep a story unrelated to the Dark Tower it would be ridiculous to match numbers. I would vehemently appose this.

I think Grant has some explaining to do! I opened my book LSOE after years of reading about those missing remarks, only to find out -- they are not missing at all. We need answers!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just curious (I wasn't 'around' back then) but did Grant actually extend their number system to non-DT King books in the past (i.e. Black House, Prime Evil)?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    The lettered GREEN MILE is beautiful but I would never pay > $2,000 for a book only because it has great production values. Whereas I would gladly pay hundreds of dollars for an obscure college-era magazine with a short story by Mr King. Weird, huh?

It's scarcity/obscurity that makes my collector's heart tick, I guess... not top-notch materials and King's signature. Although I do like some of the 'classic' S/Ls and the Philtrum Press books.

But back on topic: I guess SubPress will have to come up with an awesome limited if they want to surpass what Centipede could have done.

SP makes some really nice books, but I doubt they can do anything comparable to what would have been had CP got to do this.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still looking for a Lettered Green Mile.....

Note sig......

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    I'm with ya on that!! Of course the other impetus is, how the hell to hide it from the wife!!! If she knew what I spend on King books she'd slit my throat in my sleep!!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm with ya on that!! Of course the other impetus is, how the hell to hide it from the wife!!! If she knew what I spend on King books she'd slit my throat in my sleep!!!!! LOL LOL
    LOL!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    LOL!
    What are you "LOL-ing about"? You should be out there lobbying for a CD produced "Dr. Sleep" Ltd!!!! LOL LOL

Get to work!! The hurricane has passed!!! (J/K of course) LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Just curious (I wasn't 'around' back then) but did Grant actually extend their number system to non-DT King books in the past (i.e. Black House, Prime Evil)?
    If you owned a s/l of Talisman, you qualified for Black House. But ownership of BH didn't guarantee anything.

I don't know about Prime Evil, but ownership of Desperation also did not guarantee anything.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

But it wasn't like you needed a DT book to qualify for BH?

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

The idea of Grant getting Dr. Sleep S/L is horrific. They fucked up TWTTK so badly they should never get a King book again. I'm going to stop procrastinating and finally write up every detail of the whole thing and send it to Ms. Mod and King. Hopefully that discourages the possibility of Grant getting Dr. Sleep, and then some.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

There didn't seem to be any sort of quality control with that book!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with ya on that!! Of course the other impetus is, how the hell to hide it from my better half!!! If she knew what I spend on King books she'd slit my throat in my sleep!!!!! LOL LOL
    There is a lotta truth in that statement!

I pay the bills - most online - I bought the 25th Ann S/L IT and charged to the card. Got lucky and worked from home when it came. She probably has no idea and that is fine by me. One little secret. She does question why the card is so high but I explain how much we spent on our two recent trips to NYC, the son's MRI (indiv deductible hit us hard), other son's cat scan (same issue), blah blah blah.

Of course it there is a S/L Dr Sleep to marry up with the S/L Shining coming out from Sub. Press I may be in deep kimshee :-)

You can only hide so much $$$$$

:-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast