Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "4-7 New York Giants ain't making the F*cking playoffs this year"!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default "4-7 New York Giants ain't making the F*cking playoffs this year"!!!

So, the G-Men fresh off a Super Bowl victory are now 5-2 and facing the dreaded Cowboys in week eight. Eli is doing all the right things and "Salsa" dancing is popular again!!!

Can I get an "AMEN" for the NY GIANTS?????????

Roll tide? No, Roll G-Men!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

No amen for the Giants. GO BEARS!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Go Big Blue!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

That's as big as I could make the text. Too bad we don't play this year, although that may be a good thing since there is no chance of Culter getting sacked 10 times in a half again. Looks like it will be a playoff matchup.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It never ceases to amaze that folks feel the need to crap in someone else's yard. You love the Bears? Great!!! Start a thread!!! Why do you feel the need to sully this one?

Just curious.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

No harm intended. Just having some fun.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    No harm intended. Just having some fun.
    I understand, but do you see my point?

God bless everyone and theirs!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. No more from me.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

AMEN!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babe Ruth View Post
    It never ceases to amaze that folks feel the need to crap in someone else's yard. You love the Bears? Great!!! Start a thread!!! Why do you feel the need to sully this one?

Just curious.
    Why can't we just have a catch-all football thread? Do NY teams really need their own threads?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, if there was only a "All Things Baseball" or "All THings Football" or any other sport, I would probably spend less time there as I have some very specific teams that I follow and would not want to trudge through a plethora of posts about teams I don't really care for or posts that trash my team. I know the board members that like my teams and agree with my train of thought. Its nice to know that we can have a conversation that is not set inbetween many many other posts.

Just my honest opinion of course. :-)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We got the GD Cowboys this week, Bob!!! Need to open a can of "Whoop-Ass" on 'em!!!!!

Go G-Men!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

For me, when I want to talk about my favorite sports team, I just go to a message board that focuses specifically for that team. In fact, I frequently post on 3 different ones for my favorite baseball team.

But in a place like this where there is obviously a mesh of different fandoms, it's nice to interact with fans of the other teams and get a different POV sometimes. Obviously there is going to be a little trash talk when a couple of teams meet up but that's to be expected. It would avoid people getting upset about their thread getting ruined which has happened twice that I've seen.

This very thread is a great example. It now has 12 posts and exactly 1 (the first one) is on-topic even though the football season is over a month old. So there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for a team-specific thread.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    For me, when I want to talk about my favorite sports team, I just go to a message board that focuses specifically for that team. In fact, I frequently post on 3 different ones for my favorite baseball team.

But in a place like this where there is obviously a mesh of different fandoms, it's nice to interact with fans of the other teams and get a different POV sometimes. Obviously there is going to be a little trash talk when a couple of teams meet up but that's to be expected. It would avoid people getting upset about their thread getting ruined which has happened twice that I've seen.

This very thread is a great example. It now has 12 posts and exactly 1 (the first one) is on-topic even though the football season is over a month old. So there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for a team-specific thread.
    No offense intended, but then go start one!!! Call it "Field of Dreams - Football"!!! I'd pop in from time to time!!! This thread and the "Yankees" thread are sort of like a local NYC bar where we can rail on about our mutually favorite teams and everyone pulls in the same direction for the same team.

Big Blue Rules!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a Giants fan so don't shoot me "Babe Ruth." However, I sometimes pull for the Cowboys and thought I would comment on today's game. Did either of these teams really want to win this game? As many times as the Cowboys screwed up, the Giants should have blown them out. Yet the Cowboys had a chance to win it at the end and were a couple inches from doing so. The good news is that the Giants look to win the division because the Eagles and Cowboys are turnover machines and the Redskins are missing half their defense and showing it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I'm not a Giants fan so don't shoot me "Babe Ruth." However, I sometimes pull for the Cowboys and thought I would comment on today's game. Did either of these teams really want to win this game? As many times as the Cowboys screwed up, the Giants should have blown them out. Yet the Cowboys had a chance to win it at the end and were a couple inches from doing so. The good news is that the Giants look to win the division because the Eagles and Cowboys are turnover machines and the Redskins are missing half their defense and showing it.

Can't really argue with you there. They got this win by the skin of their teeth and The 'Boys practically handed them the game, but they couldn't seem to put them away!! Not the best win of the season, agreed. However, it is a "W" and I'll take it as it gives the G-men a commanding lead in the East. Then again aren't good teams supposed to win sloppy ass games like this? One week they DOMINATE the freaking 49ers and then have trouble with the erratic Cowboys!!! Still....

Go Big Blue!!!!

Spoiler:
    How about those Fighting Irish!!!!!! 8-0 and winners over Oklahoma!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

talk about a game of inches!!!!!

Spoiler:

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

You have to "hand" it to the cowboys for this giants win! I thought they would have been more up for this game. Its almost like they laid down after they got the good lead, either way it was a sloppy game and hard to watch.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    You have to "hand" it to the cowboys for this giants win! I thought they would have been more up for this game. Its almost like they laid down after they got the good lead, either way it was a sloppy game and hard to watch.

Oh, I don't know. I sure enjoyed the crap out of it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A very tense moment at the end when the Cowboys caught the touchdown pass - and then the slo mo replays and the announcers showing that the receivers finger tips landed out of bounds!

talk about going from a lowest low to a highest high!!!!!

Go Big Blue!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    A very tense moment at the end when the Cowboys caught the touchdown pass - and then the slo mo replays and the announcers showing that the receivers finger tips landed out of bounds!

talk about going from a lowest low to a highest high!!!!!

Go Big Blue!
    Yeah, it was a "moment" alright!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, the G-Men certainly fucked that one up against the Steeler's!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, The G-Men certainly blew chunks today vs the Bengals!!! OMFG Praise the "Bye" week!!! They better get it together!! Pack in two weeks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Huge game for the Boy's in Blue!!!! They better get it together this week!!!

Go G-Men!!!!!

Spoiler:
    Maybe they can get inspiration from the Irish?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The G-Men are looking pretty freaking good, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast