Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patrick

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Default Patrick

I am confused by something and I was wondering if someone has an answer would be great. It seems as though Patrick is the only one in the story that Roland (maybe Susannah) talks about in the future sense. When they find the paintings in the Fedic office of the Crimson King killing Arthur of Eld, they see the name Patrick so when they meet him later they say that it's hard to believe this boy will one day paint these awful paintings.
    This confuses me, I don't think they talk about anyone else in this way. Wouldn't he just be different level of the tower Patrick not a future version of Patrick who would be forced to make these paintings? Or a younger Patrick forced to make them for Dandelo who would sell them to the King?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To be perfectly honest, Kings explanations of the "Levels" was very convoluted to me. In "Insomnia" it is explained as a vertical progression, but in TDT it's more "horizontal" involving the "Multi-verse". I went back and read both several times and still could only barely reconcile the dilemma.

Best of Luck to you!!!

Spoiler:
    BTW I thought this thread was for "Patrick the Director" bashing which was why I stopped in!!!! LOL LOL LOL

J/K, Pat my man!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Babe Ruth View Post

Spoiler:
    BTW I thought this thread was for "Patrick the Director" bashing which was why I stopped in!!!! LOL LOL LOL

J/K, Pat my man!!!! LOL
    that's what I thought too, and my old heart nearly stopped!! then I thought it was Patrick's birthday that I missed, and the old heart stopped altogether - and only then the thread loaded and I could read it

mikeC: sorry for this interruption! I really wish I could say something relevant, but your question only confirms it once again that I have to reread the book some time very soon. Let's hope there are people around who know how it all works

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Tik will become famous soon enough Tik's Avatar

This confuses me, I don't think they talk about anyone else in this way. Wouldn't he just be different level of the tower Patrick not a future version of Patrick who would be forced to make these paintings? Or a younger Patrick forced to make them for Dandelo who would sell them to the King?
    It's mentioned in DT7 that the paintings have to have been done by someone who had seen the Dark Tower in the flesh. Since the only version of Patrick to do that was in the last book and only did this towards the end of said book, the paintings must be created in Patrick's near future.
    To be perfectly honest, Kings explanations of the "Levels" was very convoluted to me. In "Insomnia" it is explained as a vertical progression, but in TDT it's more "horizontal" involving the "Multi-verse". I went back and read both several times and still could only barely reconcile the dilemma.
    I just assumed the term applies to both kinds of travel. Blaine uses it in a vertical sense in DT3 after all.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Maybe Patrick cycles like Roland does, maybe that's why he is as fast at drawing as Roland is as fast at shooting?

It just seems weird how non-nonchalant both he and Susannah are about this.

Along the Path of the Beam SpyGuy will become famous soon enough SpyGuy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since we are on the subject of Patrick ...

(putting this in as a spoiler, just in case)
    Spoiler:
    Did anyone else notice the similarities of Patrick's ability to make and unmake with pencils and erasers, like a certain word processor with the power to create and delete?

+ Reply to Thread