Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire ******Spoilers!!!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I just read something over on Westeros about Varys that got me thinking. This poster suggested that perhaps Varys is a Targaryen, since he's been working for years to bring the Targaryens back to the throne. Also, he shaves his head (to hide his haircolor?) and his name ends in an "s" like so many of the Targs. When reading the books, I've always wondered if "The Eunuch" is just another role for Varys to play and not his "real" persona. This gives me something to think about and look for on my next re-read. Thoughts?

Also, speaking of my re-read, I think I'm going to start it after I finish the book I'm currently on so I can be done with all 4 by July 12th!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

But was Varys working to help the Targs? We know he was plotting with Mopatis. But we also know that he did in fact pass on the news of the Targs alliance with the Dothraki, he passed on the orders for the death of Dany, it seems to me he was playing both sides against the middle to make sure he was on the winning side.

Besides, the third head of the Dragon will probably be a Blackfyre, they have been very little represented in the series, and we know Bittersteel was exiled to the free cities, along with Egg's brother......

Also, if anyone hasn't read the Tales of Dunk and Egg, they should read them forthwith.

I like saying forthwith.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    But was Varys working to help the Targs? We know he was plotting with Mopatis. But we also know that he did in fact pass on the news of the Targs alliance with the Dothraki, he passed on the orders for the death of Dany, it seems to me he was playing both sides against the middle to make sure he was on the winning side.

Besides, the third head of the Dragon will probably be a Blackfyre, they have been very little represented in the series, and we know Bittersteel was exiled to the free cities, along with Egg's brother......

Also, if anyone hasn't read the Tales of Dunk and Egg, they should read them forthwith.

I like saying forthwith.
    I need to find them first!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

All three ordered and on their way to mah house.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

The Hedge Knight is the first story, it is found in Dreamsongs, Vol II GRRM
    The Sworn Sword is found in Legends II, an anthology edited by GRRM
    The Mystery Knight is found in Warriors, an anthology edited by GRRM and Gardner Dozois.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Breezy

don't be tempted by the stand alones, they're just graphic novels.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Thank you, ser.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

The Mystery Knight is found in Warriors, an anthology edited by GRRM and Gardner Dozois.
    By any chance are any of these in electronic form?
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

My Mood
    Breezy

I wouldn't know, I don't have any ereaders. I'm old skool.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Dreamsongs-Vol...6405237&sr=1-4
    http://www.amazon.com/Legends-II-Mas...6405295&sr=1-1
    http://www.amazon.com/Warriors-ebook...6405322&sr=1-1
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the Hedge Knight graphic novel as I was walking out of my shop yesterday. I would have picked up by I had no more monies.

My Mood
    Angelic

My books should all be here this weekend!

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Dreamsongs-Vol...6405237&sr=1-4
    http://www.amazon.com/Legends-II-Mas...6405295&sr=1-1
    http://www.amazon.com/Warriors-ebook...6405322&sr=1-1
    Thank you!

My Mood
    Angelic

Read "The Hedge Knight" today. Very good.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

So, a friend of mine was listening to the audiobooks for A Song of Ice and Fire and he got to the Red Wedding. It pissed him off so much that he stopped the story and deleted them all from his ipod. haha.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW I almost did the same thing with the bit outside the castle with Arya. I was told not to stop though and I'm glad I didnt!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What?!? There would be no way I could stop reading after something like the Red Wedding. I had to see what happened next.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here, the curiosity would destroy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    What?!? There would be no way I could stop reading after something like the Red Wedding. I had to see what happened next.
    It was Clyde. You can give him shit about it when you see him.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Send his bitch ass to the Wall.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Gah. I feel like I need to make a special trip to tell him why he has to keep reading. Is he really serious about not reading them anymore or was he just suffering from a diva moment and will pick it back up?

Gah. I feel like I need to make a special trip to tell him why he has to keep reading. Is he really serious about not reading them anymore or was he just suffering from a diva moment and will pick it back up?
    He seems to be pretty serious about it. I liked that part of the book because it seemed very realistic, because when people kill each other or go to war, it is usually for dumb reasons. He said that characters dying for a good reason in a story is one thing, but dying just because they married the wrong person was just dumb. I can't seem to convince him otherwise, despite the fact that loads of people in our own history died for marrying the wrong person.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah really. And in Martin's world, if you're highborn, you have to marry who you're "supposed" to, or you face the consequences. Tyrion married the first time for love and look where that got him. Robb broke a promise and offended a lord. He paid the price. I don't think it's a "dumb" reason to kill a character either.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In all honesty the Red Wedding pissed me off a little too.

I was angry with it, but it was the sort of anger that the story intended. Not the throw the book down anger, but the "I hope ever Frey and Lannister(except Tyrion, and possibly Jaimie) dies a horrible death" sort of anger.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast