Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Favorite moments of this book. *Spoilers*

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

One of my favorite moments in this book is when Tian calls a Calla meeting and Callahan steps in and puts all the yellowbellies in their place. I'm like "Ohhhhh shit, now here is one tough mother-fucker"
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    One of my favorite moments in this book is when Tian calls a Calla meeting and Callahan steps in and puts all the yellowbellies in their place. I'm like "Ohhhhh shit, now here is one tough mother-fucker"
    i agree, i loved callahan in that scene. he's only outdone by the way roland handles some of the same cowards when he has his meeting with the folken.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

in my opinion, he - Callahan in that scene - is only outdone by Roland speaking to Blaine. All other cases are inferior to those two.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Chickenshit"
    Yeah, great part!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

"Bag it! Save it for Sunday."

Donald Callahan, The Anti Calvin Tower
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    "Chickenshit"
    Yeah, great part!
    I loved that part. I wish I could use this word.

Roland would have understood.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Bag it! Save it for Sunday."
    that is my absolute, all-time favorite. I have two: Callahan's first appearance and his debates with the townfolks, and Roland's stand against Blaine. (yes, I know it's in the other book, but these two are my absolute favorite dialogs from the whole series)

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have not posted here because I am still on my reread of the series and this is the book I am currently reading and am almost to the end. I dont know if I can say one particurlar part is my favorite because there are several. I love it when Roland dances the commala. Susannah sings. Oy being introduced as the line of eld. I also love when Callahan puts the folken in their place. I love what Eddie did to Andy. The way he shut him down

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    I love it when Roland dances the commala. Susannah sings. Oy being introduced as the line of eld. I also love when
    This is one of the warmest moments of the series for me.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I love it when Roland dances the commala. Susannah sings. Oy being introduced as the line of eld. I also love when
    Oy! Eld! Thankee!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Oy. Eld. Thankee - my fav moment of the whole series

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Awww, me too!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You are not alone with it.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Not in the least.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Oy! Eld! Thankee!
    I give ee "Oy! Eld! Thankee!" I'm feeling peckish, someone pass me the stew-pot.

Nah, I'm just kidding. I like Oy a lot, a great character in his own right.

I thought King took things a bit far in Waste Lands having having him tapping out a count of the amount of baddies behind the security door mind. Felt a bit like lassie on acid to me... but it didn't spoil the story or the character.

Spoiler:
    And he had a very pivotal role to play later.

Traveler Indigo_Seven is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default 3 here.

3) when Andolini looks in Eddie's eyes and realises he's doomed

2) When Eddie confronts Andy. "I can't see any guns," "No, actually all I see is a ____ing traitor..." and Andy's rage and creepy self-pity thereafter

1) "If you had found him- if you had found my boy- Slightman, would you have killed him?"

Country
    Country Flag

New favourite moment.
    When the twins and their mother and Eddie and the roonts are playing with a rope on the yard of Tian. Touching.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I like that as well.
    "Eddie Dean..you ain't never!"

Traveler stevesnow is on a distinguished road stevesnow's Avatar

Some great stuff here already, but what about the New York Groove near the beginning? I've never been to NYC or anything but I've always found that section to be really vivid. After waiting for WotC to be published it was probably this chapter where it really felt like Roland and co were BACK!

I also really liked the very opening bit that was set in the Calla. Where they were debating what (if anything) to do about the Wolves. It was a nice change of pace and a great way to introduce the Calla and the residents.

Country
    Country Flag

The "New York Groove" todash scene is awesome! I particularly love thinking of the song of the same name while picturing Eddie walking down the street on the way to the Rose.

Traveler ToeAndno is on a distinguished road ToeAndno's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jake out at night heading towards to Dogan and the whole scene with him in there and the fear of getting caught.

I kept telling him to turn back, or keep still when he got there.

Traveler jessamine is on a distinguished road jessamine's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the part when Roland is on the porch with the Eisenhart's and Margaret has her hand under her apron. Once Roland is told of throwing the plate you can just hear his mind working. He is perfectly willing to accept the help and bravery of the women wanting to participate in the protection of their families.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I love when Roland goes in the honky tonk and says, "how it's hanging?"

Gunslinger Apprentice Ste Letto is on a distinguished road Ste Letto's Avatar

Default Wolves was my favourite book of the series

After the turgid and chaotic mess that was Wizard and Glass, my least favourite book of the series, I needed a lot of convincing that the tale was worth staying with. Thankfully WOTC got everything right.

It was a magnificent read, with a particularly well laid build up and a delightful homage to the Western genre which informs the whole Dark Tower story arc.

The book finally showed us how Roland's Ka Tet was meant to function together, performing the kind of duty they were intended for from the glory days of the Knights of Eld.

It gives us the one perfect moment, of the Gunslingers acting as one to overcome evil, namely the wolves, before Mia steals away Susannah.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, we didn't have such a thread before! What a shame indeed. It's my favorite book, too, for the reasons listed by Ste Letto above, and for many more that I expect people will develop in further posts!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast