Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite moments of this book. *Spoilers*

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Default Favorite moments of this book. *Spoilers*

Everything from when Callahan meets Sayre to when he meets Walter. That whole scene is just awesome, awesome, awesome.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland's dance.
    Hands down.

Roland would have understood.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I also loved the big dance, where Susannah sang and Roland danced the Commala.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I also loved the big dance, where Susannah sang and Roland danced the Commala.
    Man, I was there with them.

Another favorite moment of mine is when Jake, Eddie and Oy first go todash. I loved seeing the mobsters getting freaked by Eddie's unseen presence in the room.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eddie in this book was at his best. My favorite parts involve him...his todash trip with Jake and his confrontation with the gentlemen.

I love when he reads the letter left by Calvin's great great grandfather from Steven Deschain...gave me chills.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you brought this up because I never got it.

How in the hell did that all come about anyway?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love when he reads the letter left by Calvin's great great grandfather from Steven Deschain...gave me chills.
    Did it say some place that the letter was written by Steven Deschain? I just listened to that part recently and I don't remember it being at all clear WHERE the letter/directions came from or WHO originally wrote it. I only remember the book saying it was from the will of Tower's great, great grandpa. Hmm.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to see several of you mentioned the night of the welcome party in the Calla, and Roland dancing the commala. But, so far nobody has mentioned my single favorite part of this book which comes from the same night... three words...

"Oy, Eld, Thankee"

I have no shame admitting that moment brought tears to my eyes and really shows Roland's humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I'm glad to see several of you mentioned the night of the welcome party in the Calla, and Roland dancing the commala. But, so far nobody has mentioned my single favorite part of this book which comes from the same night... three words...

"Oy, Eld, Thankee"

I have no shame admitting that moment brought tears to my eyes and really shows Roland's humanity.
    That was a fantastic part.

Country
    Country Flag

"Oy, Eld, Thankee"

You say true I say thank you.
    I cried when Roland was dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    You say true I say thank you.
    I cried when Roland was dancing.
    Yes, Roland dancing the commala was a great and completely unexpected event. It made me cry when Eddie references it ... later.

Country
    Country Flag

That was the moment when I felt... yes... Roland has hope he is not lost and he deserves forgiveness.

That was the moment when I felt... yes... Roland has hope he is not lost and he deserves forgiveness.
    It's definitely among the times you realize that for everything else he might be, Roland is still a human being.

Country
    Country Flag

It's definitely among the times you realize that for everything else he might be, Roland is still a human being.
    And what a human being..

(yesyes, I am a Roland junkie)

*Mails a wall sized poster of Roland to Letti for Christmas*

Send all Roland related merchandise to - József körút 59-61 FSZT. 23
    1085 Budapest
    Hungary

Country
    Country Flag

*Mails a wall sized poster of Roland to Letti for Christmas*
    Thank you dearest you would make my day with it but I wouldn't put it on my wall.
    Roland is in my heart. That's the best place for him.

Until the day he appears in your mind to draw you.

Roland is in my heart.
    How did he get in there?? Does it hurt? Will you be needing surgery??

Country
    Country Flag

Until the day he appears in your mind to draw you.
    I am not a gunslinger type so I am not afraid.

Roland is in my heart.
    How did he get in there?? Does it hurt? Will you be needing surgery??
    Ask yourself, man.
    You are there as well.

Back to the topic.
    My forever favourtie part from the whole series is the dance of Roland. Not just from this one but from all of them.

Back to the topic.
    My forever favourtie part from the whole series is the dance of Roland. Not just from this one but from all of them.
    I feel much the same way about Oy's greeting to the Calla folken.

Country
    Country Flag

Back to the topic.
    I feel much the same way about Oy's greeting to the Calla folken.
    We were (almost) crying together, sai.

We were (almost) crying together, sai.
    Ka.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast