Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did Andy know the Gunslingers were headed toward the Calla when he warned Tian?

John F. Kennedy unclelouie will become famous soon enough

Default Did Andy know the Gunslingers were headed toward the Calla when he warned Tian?

So, I'm having a slight issue with chronology here...

We know that Andrew the prissy, sadistic robot gets his jollies by telling the folken once every 20 years or so that the boogey men are coming to take their children.

And apparently he has a snitch to assist him every go 'round...

But I am wondering.... this time around, was Andy already aware that the Gunslingers were headed their way when he told Tian that they Wolves were coming? I mean, if he DID know they were coming, he probably wouldnt have/shouldnt have said anything to the folken... despite his sadism.

It would be like a Korean burglar telling Clint Eastwood (ala Gran Torino) that his other Korean burglar buddy is coming by tonight to rob his house, and to make sure your are armed and ready.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I seriously doubt Andy would have any inkling that the gunslingers were on their way. There's no way he could have found this out.

John

John F. Kennedy unclelouie will become famous soon enough

Hmmmm.... I must have misread then... I thought at the meeting at the beginning of the book... the one Tian called for... that someone had said Andy reported that there were possibly Gunslingers headed toward the Calla. Like I said... mayhap it was just one of the folken, say thankya.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I seriously doubt Andy would have any inkling that the gunslingers were on their way. There's no way he could have found this out.

John
    Well now, I wouldn't be so sure, John. Andy was wired into NCP communications and either Blaine or the Dogan could easily have broadcast the news as a matter of course. I mean, that's what always occurred to me anyway. I seem to remember it as "UncleLouie" does, but it's been awhile!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler SDZald will become famous soon enough SDZald will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

What I never understood about this part of the story was why they would warn the Calle at all. I mean these are people's children we are talking about. There would be a natural tendency to prep if you knew something was coming to take them away. I would think it would be much easier to just show up and take them every time.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Wolves pretty much required a snitch to help them get the kids with ease. It was said that they always had a snitch and that it was likely that it was always a parent of twins where one of the twins died (implying that Andy would kill one of the twins putting the parent in a position of wanting to save the child that was left). So Andy telling them was part of the process that made it easier for the Wolves to get the kids. He did indeed know the Gunslingers were on the way and I believe he told Callahan that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure that he did know that they were nearby. As for why he still gave his warning - maybe its a classic case of gunslinger underestimation? He, along with his Boss's, may have felt that the wolves would be more than a match for the Gunslingers and that drawing them into the town to try and help was a good way of finally destroying them. It seems likely that Andy thought this way at any rate, as even up until the very end he had no idea that his plan had been figured out and the Gunslingers might be able to win.

+ Reply to Thread