Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Oy and Billybumblers

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Or related species

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't it strange how deeply animals affect (the most of) us? Throughout the books, I was so delighted every time when Oy was mentioned. Especially that eye-winking and 'Oy! Eld! 'ankee!', ahhhnn. I almost kicked my friend when I asked him to guess my favourite character from DT, and he said Roland and someone else. Roland and Oy, I replied. He said 'Oh, but I didn't recognize him as a character, so I left him out'. What, Oy isn't a character?? He most definitely IS. Isn't he?

I have to admit the first time I cried while reading the books, was in the last book, when
    Spoiler:
    ka-shume was approaching, and they drank water together - and Oy licked Roland's cheek
    . More crying came afterwards, of course.. But somehow it was just so moving.

And of course I found out that my cat, Sirius, resembles Oy a lot, with his stripes and golden-rimmed eyes. He doesn't talk, but we understand each other quite well - he's too smart for his own good, anyway. You wouldn't believe all those things he's done, proving how intelligent he is

I just wonder how we often feel so strongly for animals. I quite can't grasp the thought, but mayhap it has something to do with the pureness and innocence of them, ya ken? As many of you have already said, Oy was the purest member of Roland's ka-tet, sacrifing everything for the sake of love. No, I'm not going to weep again.. =P (I still remember the books too well, finished reading just a month ago - reading them for the very first time, that is!)

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Because animals are the best parts of ourselves, perhaps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12