Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Justin Cronin

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was under the impression (sorry my memory is not what it used to be) the "2" states were printed at the same time, but at different presses? When I went to return my mis-printed edition, I found the local B&N to have about 50/50 mix of the book. This was the week of release.

Scored a signed The Twelve arc early in the eBay offerings, reading now after a re-read of The Passage.

Karl

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ah fuck, so now I need to get the error edition too. I figured it was just a small handful of books and they noticed it during printing. This changes things.

Thanks for the info.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Ah fuck, so now I need to get the error edition too. I figured it was just a small handful of books and they noticed it during printing. This changes things.

Thanks for the info.
    Never bought into the F-Upped Edition collecting.
    No different IMHO than a dented edition. (Start up the flame throwers!)

Karl

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Karl

The corrected version is 2 in the print line? Need to climb ladder in The Closet and pull down corrected version. In case I slip and fall, someone else check copies please. My fault if I'm telling everyone wrong. Off to The Closet.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Karl

The corrected version is 2 in the print line? Need to climb ladder in The Closet and pull down corrected version. In case I slip and fall, someone else check copies please. My fault if I'm telling everyone wrong. Off to The Closet.

Mulleins
    No Sir, still has a full number line. (Stay off the ladder!)

Karl

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Karl

Mulleins
    No Sir, still has a full number line. (Stay off the ladder!)

Karl
    haha......saved me a trip and an ankle. Thanks
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say the error edition is the first state, and the corrected version is the second state.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    the corrected version is the second state.
    The second first state.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan
    The misprint edition is the true 1st printing, as they were recalled and corrected, if my information is correct. That makes it collectible to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker
    The publisher wasn't aware of the error until readers started calling. They quickly made an announcement to bookstores to pull the error edition for replacement. For those of us that did call, we could send our error copy direct to publisher (I didn't of course) for replacement as well, and they gave us a link to a PDF of corrected chapter.
    Ah, thanks. I didn't know this. In that case I agree that the 'error' edition is collectible (to a certain degree).

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

It doesn't really matter to me because I want all the states anyway.

I hope to have a THE TWELVE proof one day too Karl. I'm glad you found one. I'd never read a proof of a book I'm going to buy the trade edition of, but that's because I'm so far behind in my reading all the time. However, I do plan on reading most of the ARCs CD sent me through the reading clubs.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I'd say the error edition is the first state, and the corrected version is the second state.

John
    As mentioned, both states (of the 1st edtion, 1st printing) were released at the same time. The error was a result of more than one printer being used.
    I think it's funny how at the time it was just one of those things you deal with, and now (that the second of the trilogy) is due out, collector's go apoplectic about it (not having one of each).
    Oh, just to throw a monkey wrench into it, Cronin pre-signed pages that were tipped in books-most of which were put on display in advance of his appearance at a reading, and stickered as "signed". He then signed books after the reading.
    Therefore the following states of the trade US 1St Edition 1St printing exist (perhaps more):
    • 1st, 1st with errors.
    • 1st 1st without noted errors.
    • 1st 1st with pre-signed tipped in signature sheet-and a sticker on front denoting signed by author-with errors.
    • 1st 1st with pre-signed tipped in signature sheet-and a sticker on front denoting signed by author-without errors.
    • 1st 1st with pre-signed tipped in signature sheet-and a sticker on front denoting signed by author-with errors, and additionally signed/dated by Cronin.
    • 1st 1st with pre-signed tipped in signature sheet-and a sticker on front denoting signed by author-without errors and additionally signed/dated by Cronin.
    Etc. Etc.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Start here-post 7207, and then you have to read through 2 months of posts.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...d-Joy!/page289

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Hey guys, what do you think a US first (with errors) value is in NF or better condition?
    What are those errors?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    What are those errors?
    Check out this link. I think it covers them.

http://www.vjbooks.com/Tell-me-about...Cro-s/1033.htm

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The errors themselves are almost irrelevant-to Collectors. A publishers nightmare, but just an errata for readers.
    Who knows, but I doubt in 25 years that any of the versions will be worth (sell for) much. Too many people know, and too many have versions to make it more than just interesting.
    I damn near;-actually I did, give copies away back in July 2010.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

These are from Cronin's reading/Q&A July 19,2010. The first one is dedicated to carlosdetweiler:

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty funny! For newcomers the story is that Jerome said he was going to a signing and Q&A with Justin Cronin. He asked the forum members if they had any questions they would like for him to ask. Because I usually act like a smart-ass I said "Yeah. Ask him where he gets his ideas." Never dreamed he would actually ask him that!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. It was a funny comment on your part in reference to a question that drives SK nuts.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got my hands on a ARC for 'The Twelve', can't wait to start reading it later ... really hope it's as good as 'The Passage'!!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't 'collect' Cronin to the extent that I look for signed editions and ARCs but in this case I would love to get my hands on one, just so I can read it during my upcoming holiday....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Finally got my hands on a ARC for 'The Twelve', can't wait to start reading it later ... really hope it's as good as 'The Passage'!!!
    To start saving for your wedding, I think the only smart thing to do would be to sell it to me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Random House is sending me an ARC, but I can't post a review until the publication date-October 16, 2012.

Country
    Country Flag

Random House is sending me an ARC, too.

Okay, no they're not.

I've desperately wanted to read the few excerpts that've been released in the last year, but am holding off until I have the whole book.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Random House is sending me an ARC, but I can't post a review until the publication date-October 16, 2012.
    Jerome, if you are interested in selling that arc after you read it, I would love to purchase from you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast