Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1091

Thread: The Collectible Justin Cronin

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I'm about to get some slipcases made for my CD S/L of City Of Mirrors and The Twelve. Curious if anyone here are also interested in these slipcases? I can check for pricing in making them in larger quantity. It will be for both books.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I'm about to get some slipcases made for my CD S/L of City Of Mirrors and The Twelve. Curious if anyone here are also interested in these slipcases? I can check for pricing in making them in larger quantity. It will be for both books.
    I wish there were a case to hold all three.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I looked into making one!

Structurally, it's possible, but it has to be constructed really well because of the bulk and weight of the books. Some standard boards and covering material options will most likely start to "feel" the pressure from the weight of the books and could eventually split at a weak spot -- over the long term.

Of course, if this slipcased set is on the bookshelf right up against other books, I have to think that isn't as much of a problem since the other books will be applying pressure from the left and the right! I believe my case maker was mostly thinking in terms of a set of books sitting all by itself as a display piece, etc.

But I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up in case you want to commission something of your own, so you can make sure it's going to stand the test of time!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Structurally, it's possible, but it has to be constructed really well because of the bulk and weight of the books. Some standard boards and covering material options will most likely start to "feel" the pressure from the weight of the books and could eventually split at a weak spot -- over the long term.

Of course, if this slipcased set is on the bookshelf right up against other books, I have to think that isn't as much of a problem since the other books will be applying pressure from the left and the right! I believe my case maker was mostly thinking in terms of a set of books sitting all by itself as a display piece, etc.

But I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up in case you want to commission something of your own, so you can make sure it's going to stand the test of time!

Brian

Thank you for your input Brian! I plan on making individual cases for the other 2 books. If possible to match the first book that was published with a slipcase. It just bothers me that my subsequent 2 books does not match the first. Yes, I'm rather anal about my books!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian

Thank you for your input Brian! I plan on making individual cases for the other 2 books. If possible to match the first book that was published with a slipcase. It just bothers me that my subsequent 2 books does not match the first. Yes, I'm rather anal about my books!
    Yes, thank you Brian. I don't believe there was a slipcase with the first one either. I believe that Cemetery had some slipcases left over from other books that fit The Passage?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Brian

Yes, thank you Brian. I don't believe there was a slipcase with the first one either. I believe that Cemetery had some slipcases left over from other books that fit The Passage?
    This is correct. The slipcase that fits the passage was meant for another book.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

CD had one that fit The Twelve, but it is sadly sold out.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Brian

This is correct. The slipcase that fits the passage was meant for another book.
    Ah! I did not know that. Glad I posted then! I bought The Passage from a secondary market and it already had the slipcase.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Also up for Grabs...
    Justin Cronin - 1st/1st Editions of the below... all SIGNED

The Passage
    The Twelve
    The City of Mirrors

Books come in an aftermarket slipcase
    Books and slipcase are all in Like new unread condition.

If interested message me with your email and I will send pictures.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

The Ferryman https://www.amazon.com/Ferryman-Nove...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Founded by the mysterious genius known as the Designer, the archipelago of Prospera lies hidden from the horrors of a deteriorating outside world. In this island paradise, Prospera’s lucky citizens enjoy long, fulfilling lives until the monitors embedded in their forearms, meant to measure their physical health and psychological well-being, fall below 10 percent. Then they retire themselves, embarking on a ferry ride to the island known as the Nursery, where their failing bodies are renewed, their memories are wiped clean, and they are readied to restart life afresh.

Proctor Bennett, of the Department of Social Contracts, has a satisfying career as a ferryman, gently shepherding people through the retirement process—and, when necessary, enforcing it. But all is not well with Proctor. For one thing, he’s been dreaming—which is supposed to be impossible in Prospera. For another, his monitor percentage has begun to drop alarmingly fast. And then comes the day he is summoned to retire his own father, who gives him a disturbing and cryptic message before being wrestled onto the ferry.

Meanwhile, something is stirring. The Support Staff, ordinary men and women who provide the labor to keep Prospera running, have begun to question their place in the social order. Unrest is building, and there are rumors spreading of a resistance group—known as “Arrivalists”—who may be fomenting revolution.

Soon Proctor finds himself questioning everything he once believed, entangled with a much bigger cause than realized—and on a desperate mission to uncover the truth.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Not available in hardback?
    Looking for Pierce Brown Red Rising #557 from Subterranean Press

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Ferryman-Nove...ks%2C90&sr=1-1

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Ferryman-Nove...ks%2C90&sr=1-1
    Thank you. I missed that.
    Looking for Pierce Brown Red Rising #557 from Subterranean Press

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to reading this one
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cronin jumped the shark. Just my opinion.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Cronin jumped the shark. Just my opinion.
    Why do you think that?

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Sounds like a politically progressive take on the LOGAN’S RUN idea. I think I’ll just stick with William F. Nolan and G. C. Johnson’s story.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

In case anyone is interested THE FERRYMAN in UK paperback is now available for pre-order at The Book Depository, along with other formats.
    Only 227 days to go.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition.
    What's exclusive about it I don't know.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...=9780593722527
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know anything about this sampler of The Passage? When it was released, etc.?

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know anything about this sampler of The Passage? When it was released, etc.?
    Joe, I picked up my copy below sometime before Jan 2014; if I remember correctly, it came in a lot with other books. Yours is the only other copy I've ever seen; does it have the same back cover and inside info?

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Joe, I picked up my copy below sometime before Jan 2014; if I remember correctly, it came in a lot with other books. Yours is the only other copy I've ever seen; does it have the same back cover and inside info?
    Yes, same inside info and back cover.

I've never seen that before, and now I want one!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could be wrong, but I think i had an arc copy with all 3 books in the trilogy
    would need to check

and it reminds me that I LOVED "The Passage"
    Struggled a bit with "The Twelve" and.... although I got it about the release date, 7 years ago, I never read the third book
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast