Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Justin Cronin

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Collectible Justin Cronin

I don't think there's a Justin Cronin Collecting thread yet, so I'll create one - I think there's sufficient interest in his work and his collectible books.

I just came across a picture of the lettered edition of THE PASSAGE (I lifted the pic from Justin Cronin's Facebook page, he happens to be one of my connections - I haven't checked the publisher's page yet):

Looks pretty nice!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Sorry, can't look at the picture until I get my book, I wanna be surprised!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking someone here feels sorry for me and wants to sell me their lettered version for cover price when they get it.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think he needs his own thread. He published one book (that we care about.) I've seen decent Garton, Koontz, Rice etc collections on here that don't have their own thread.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a Cronin collector at all, but there seem to be enough people that are interested in him to have his own thread. Also, there seem to be numerous variations of that one book to keep things interesting.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The 2nd in the trilogy "The Twelve" arcs are starting to show up, and the public release will be October 2012.

That gives us more to talk about.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'm thinking someone here feels sorry for me and wants to sell me their lettered version for cover price when they get it.
    Good luck with that!

I'm bidding on two Cronin ARCs on E-bay now. I'll probably lose them both but I'm keeping my 12 fingers crossed.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Good luck with that!

I'm bidding on two Cronin ARCs on E-bay now. I'll probably lose them both but I'm keeping my 12 fingers crossed.
    Did you get The Twelve?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been checking his site for signing tour information, but nothing yet!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I don't think he needs his own thread. He published one book (that we care about.) I've seen decent Garton, Koontz, Rice etc collections on here that don't have their own thread.
    Feel free to start threads for those or any other authors. Interest will determine how long any thread lives.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Loved The Passage. I think he definitely deserves a thread

Outbid on THE TWELVE. Not sure how high to go.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Outbid on THE TWELVE. Not sure how high to go.
    15 sold on EBay so far with ending prices ranging from $15-$105.

I need one myself but wonder what value would be in November after October release?

Mulleins

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking as a proof collector, they seem fairly plentiful, so I'd tend to the lower of the range.

John

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't bring myself to pay $60 right now. I figured after the release it will go down some. I say $60 because that is the price I could have had one.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, what do you think a US first (with errors) value is in NF or better condition?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It seems like people are actively looking for the 'misprint' edition, but do the errors really add to the value of the book? Genuine question!

To me it falls in the same category as other misprints (e.g., text block bound upside down, missing or duplicate pages), I don't feel like it's a true separate and collectible state of the book. What's the consensus here?

I paid about $90 for my FINE misprint edition, which is also signed (although I didn't card whether it was signed or not).

The misprint edition is the true 1st printing, as they were recalled and corrected, if my information is correct. That makes it collectible to me.

Country
    Country Flag

I paid $40 for my errored copy in fine condition, also signed. It also came with a signed flyer. This was all from our own Jerome.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    It seems like people are actively looking for the 'misprint' edition, but do the errors really add to the value of the book? Genuine question!

To me it falls in the same category as other misprints (e.g., text block bound upside down, missing or duplicate pages), I don't feel like it's a true separate and collectible state of the book. What's the consensus here?
    Wouldn't the copies with errors be considered the earlier state and, therefore, more desirable to collectors?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have my 3 copies with errors (1 unsigned, 2 signed) listed in my collecting software as "Early State". So yes, I agree with Bobs statement.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. I found one in a used bookstore and I'm considering selling it. If anyone is interested, message me. I'm out of town at the moment so I might not get right back to you.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I have my 3 copies with errors (1 unsigned, 2 signed) listed in my collecting software as "Early State". So yes, I agree with Bobs statement.

Mulleins
    Do you mind sharing what collecting software you use?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't it possible that they were released at the same time? I find it very hard to believe they would print such a small ammount of books and release them to bookstores. This was destined to be a best-seller from the get-go, why would they print a small quantity? I believe they were released to the public at the same time and that they corrected the mistakes during the printing process.

Edit: also, if the quantity wasn't small (and I'm wrong about it), shouldn't the next batch of books with errors corrected be considered (and marked) as second printing with a number line starting with 2? You can't have two first printings. Either the one with mistakes is the first one and they forgot to change the number line in the corrected version, or they were both released at the same time.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The publisher wasn't aware of the error until readers started calling. They quickly made an announcement to bookstores to pull the error edition for replacement. For those of us that did call, we could send our error copy direct to publisher (I didn't of course) for replacement as well, and they gave us a link to a PDF of corrected chapter.

Again, they didn't know this happened. I think the first print number with errors is large, but I also know a ton of them was sent back and destroyed.

No, they didn't correct the number line. We have two edition in the market. One with error and number line 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 and one with corrections with number line
    10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. So, this is why I call my error copies "Early State" first edition.

Am I wrong?

Mulleins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast