Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New King releases coming out on Blu-ray and DVD

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=21784
    U.S. label Scream Factory has dated its upcoming Collector's Edition of director Rob Reiner's film Misery (1990), starring James Caan, Kathy Bates, Richard Farnsworth, Frances Sternhagen, and Lauren Bacall. The release will be available for purchase on November 28.

Supplemental features to be included on this upcoming release have not yet been finalized and will be revealed at a later time. However, the label has confirmed that it is preparing a NEW 4K film transfer, and has already completed a NEW interview with Director Rob Reiner.

Also included with this announcement is the newly commissioned official artwork for the upcoming release from artist Joel Robinson. (The reverse side will have the original poster art).

Synopsis: A "heart-stopping psychological thriller" (Joel Siegel), this Academy Award-winning film is "one of the best horror movies" (Time) ever. Adapted from a Stephen King novel by Oscar-winning screenwriter William Goldman (All The President's Men) and directed by Rob Reiner (A Few Good Men), this chiller starring Kathy Bates (Titanic) and James Caan (The Godfather) is "a Hitchcockian kind of cat-and-mouse" (The New York Times) game played between two cunning minds - one as sharp as a tack and the other as blunt as a sledgehammer.

Novelist Paul Sheldon (Cann) doesn't remember the blinding blizzard that sent his car spinning off the road. Nor does he remember being nursed back from unconsciousness. All he remembers is waking up in the home of Annie Wilkes (Bates) - a maniacal fan who is bent on keeping her favorite writer as her personal prisoner...for the rest of his 'cock-a-doodie' life!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing! One of my favorite SK books and movies. Definitely will be picking this up.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

She is the original "biggest fan".
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Awesome cover! I still buy blu-rays from Scream Factory bc their extras are excellent.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=22156
    U.S. label Scream Factory has officially announced and detailed its upcoming Collector's Edition of Rob Reiner's film Misery (1990), starring James Caan, Kathy Bates, Richard Farnsworth, Frances Sternhagen, and Lauren Bacall. The release will be available for purhcase on November 28.

Synopsis: James Caan and Academy Award® winner Kathy Bates star in the bone-shattering thriller Misery, adapted from the novel by Stephen King. As Paul (Caan) recuperates from his injuries in the secluded cabin of his benefactor Annie (Bates), he begins to discover that beneath the seemingly kind and naive exterior of his self-described "number one fan" lurks a mind that is cunning, unhinged, and bent on keeping her favorite writer as her personal prisoner for the rest of his "cock-a-doodie" life … and Sheldon must engage his savior-turned-captor in a battle of wills that will push them both to the brink.

Adapted by two-time Oscar-winning screenwriter William Goldman and directed by Rob Reiner, Misery is considered by critics and fans (number ones and others) to be among the greatest horror-thrillers of all time. Revisit this classic tonight with your friends … after all, Misery loves company.

Special Features and Technical Specs:

NEW 4K RESTORATION of the film from the original film elements
    NEW Interview With Director Rob Reiner
    NEW Interview With Special Makeup Effects Artist Greg Nicotero
    Audio Commentary With Rob Reiner
    Audio Commentary With Screenwriter William Goldman
    "Misery Loves Company" Featurette. Includes interviews with Reiner, actress Kathy Bates, actor James Caan, actress Frances Sternhagen and more.
    "Marc Shaiman's Musical Misery Tour" Featurette
    "Diagnosing Annie Wilkes" Featurette
    "Advice For The Stalked" Featurette
    "Profile Of A Stalker" Featurette
    "Celebrity Stalkers" Featurette
    "Anti-Stalking Laws" Featurette
    Theatrical Trailers
    Optional English SDH subtitles

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I may just hobble on down to the video store and get me one of those.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I may just hobble on down to the video store and get me one of those.
    You kill me, Steve lol. I don't own many movies but this will be one of them. One of my all time favorite books and movie adaptations.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I kinda missed this but looks like there was a new remaster of Children of the Corn which came out recently:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=21489
    Children of the Corn

Synopsis: A young couple travelling cross-country find themselves stranded in the small town of Gatlin, where they meet a mysterious religious cult of children. With no adults in sight the terror brews as the new arrivals find the secrets of the prospering corn fields and the children who inhabit them. Led by the mysterious Isaac and the unhinged Malachi the blood-curdling secrets of the children of Gatlin are soon revealed to their new 'outlander' guests.

Featuring stellar performances from Linda Hamilton (Terminator) and Peter Horton (thirtysomething) and based on a short story by Stephen King, The Children of the Corn is a horror classic that has spawned multiple sequels and imitators, but none as harrowing as this masterpiece of horror.

Special Features:

Brand new 2K restoration from the original negative
    Original Mono and 5.1 Audio Options
    Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    Brand new audio commentary with John Sullivan of childrenofthecornmovie.com and horror journalist Justin Beahm
    Audio commentary with director Fritz Kiersch, producer Terrence Kirby and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
    Harvesting Horror: The Making of Children of the Corn – retrospective piece featuring interviews with director Fritz Kiersch and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
    It Was the Eighties! – an interview with actress Linda Hamilton
    Return to Gatlin – brand new featurette revisiting the film's original Iowa shooting locations
    Stephen King on a Shoestring – an interview with producer Donald Borchers
    Welcome to Gatlin: The Sights and Sounds of Children of the Corn – an interview with production designer Craig Stearns and composer Jonathan Elias
    Feeling Blue – an interview with the actor who played "The Blue Man" in the fabled excised sequence
    Theatrical Trailer
    Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
    First pressing only: Collectors booklet featuring new writing in the film

U.S. STREET DATE: SEPTEMBER 19.
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Childr...181537/#Review
    Children of the Corn is presented on Blu-ray courtesy of Arrow Video with an AVC encoded 1080p transfer in 1.85:1. The insert booklet contains the following verbiage, but be aware that virtually all other information provided by Arrow (including on the cover of the release itself) indicates a 2K restoration, not a 4K restoration:

Children of the Corn was exclusively restored by Arrow Films and is presented in its original aspect ratio of 1.85:1 with 5.1 and 2.0 stereo sound.

The original 35mm camera negative was scanned in 4K resolution at EFilm, Burbank. The film was graded and restored on the Nucoda grading system at R3store Studios, London. Thousands of instances of dirt, debris, scratches and other instances of film wear were repaired or removed through a combination of digital restoration tools and techniques. There are many instances of optical and animated special effects which could only be restored to an extent without creating unwanted digital artifacts.

The original 4 track stereo mix was transferred from the original Dolby mag reels and was remastered to 5.1 by Lakeshore at Deluxe Audio Services, Burbank.

Marty didn't see a whale of a lot of difference between the Starz / Anchor Bay and Image Entertainment Releases, other than relatively minor issues like the difference between 1.85:1 and 1.78:1 aspect ratios, so my comparison will tend to deal with the two previous releases as one entity. That said, I've tried to come close to recreating some of Marty's screenshots from his two reviews so that those interested can do their own side by side (by side) comparisons rather than completely relying on my descriptive powers. There's no doubt that this new transfer decidedly ups the ante in terms of detail and especially fine detail, notably during the many brightly lit outdoor scenes. The restoration has largely eliminated or at least ameliorated some of the age related wear and tear seen in the previous releases, and there's really not any discernable huge damage on display. The palette pops quite pleasingly throughout the presentation, with a few passing exceptions. The Arrow release looks darker than either of the previous releases, something that tends to make the grain field more apparent, which may or may not please individual viewers. There are still some variances in clarity, saturation, and density, as well as intermittent issues with fairly chunky looking grain. I've tried to provide examples of the less pleasing moments in screenshots 16 - 19.

Children of the Corn features a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and LPCM 2.0 mix. While the surround track is not the most consistently immersive offering imaginable (as Marty discussed in his reviews), there is good surround placement of Jonathan Elias' score, as well as some of the ambient environmental sounds out in the cornfield. The over the top finale also offers some good and relatively robust low end activity. Dialogue tends to be anchored front and center in the 5.1 mix, but is always rendered cleanly and is routinely well prioritized. I found the low end a bit more pleasing on this release than Marty evidently did with the previous releases, and I also heard no distortion in the low end.

Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen the movie and of course didn't realize that Linda Hamilton was in it. Is it any good?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I actually really like Children of the Corn. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but a good popcorn horror flick.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I actually really like Children of the Corn. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but a good popcorn horror flick.
    Maybe it'll play during AMC's Horrorfest or whatever they call it each October.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure it's streaming on Netflix at the moment. Another place to look would also be the Syfy channel.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure it's streaming on Netflix at the moment. Another place to look would also be the Syfy channel.
    Ok, I'll do that. Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

http://comicbook.com/horror/2017/11/...u-ray-release/
    From feature films to TV series, 2017 has been a huge year for Stephen King and a variety of his stories. Next year is going to kick off another huge year for the author, thanks to the announcement that one of his classic films, Silver Bullet, will finally be getting the Blu-ray treatment in January.

The 1985 film based on Cycle of the Werewolf told the tale of a young boy (Corey Haim) relegated to a wheelchair who believed his town was being plagued by a werewolf. The boy's uncle (Gary Busey) was one of the only people to believe the outlandish story, as the two aimed to discover the root of the evil in their community.

In addition to the HD treatment of the original film, the Blu-ray will contain the following features:

Audio Commentary with Director Daniel Attias
    The Wolf Within – An Interview with Actor Everett McGill
    Full Moon Fever – Interviews with Special Effects Artists Michael McCracken, Jr. and Matthew Mungle
    Dino’s Angel Takes on Lycanthropy - Martha De Laurentis Remembers Silver Bullet (25 minutes)
    Isolated Score Selections and Audio Interview with Composer Jay Chattaway
    Theatrical trailer (HD)
    TV Spot
    Radio Spot
    Still Gallery

Simon Sherry crafted the artwork for the disc, which opts to avoid the traditional theatrical poster.

“[The cover is] an homage to the classic King paperback covers,” Sherry explained. “It was also an opportunity to pay tribute to one of my influences, the legendary Bernie Wrightson, who collaborated with King on the source novella, Cycle of the Werewolf.”

The disc is being released by the Australian distributor Umbrella Entertainment, but the disc is region free, which will allow it to be viewed in Blu-ray players from all countries.

The release of Silver Bullet is only one of many reasons 2018 will be a big year for King, with another reason being the release of the series Castle Rock on Hulu.

The series is set in the fictional town of Castle Rock, ME, which is featured in many of King's most famous stories. Rather than an adaptation of one single narrative, the new series will borrow elements from various characters and storylines from King's works to craft a new experience.

Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorites that I watch every Halloween. Looking forward to the release. I believe Misery is out this month as well from Scream Factory.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only seen that film a couple of times (and I think Cycle of the Werewolf is the only published King story (bar some of his short stories) I haven't read) but I enjoyed it a lot. Would love to get this release!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I've only seen that film a couple of times (and I think Cycle of the Werewolf is the only published King story (bar some of his short stories) I haven't read) but I enjoyed it a lot. Would love to get this release!
    I'm just not sure how to go about ordering it. I didn't see it listed on Amazon.

Country
    Country Flag

It's an Australian release but will play in any player since it's region-free. Apparently there are no movies at Amazon AU for some reason, but it can be pre-ordered from the company itself: https://www.umbrellaent.com.au/comin...t-blu-ray.html

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This looks awesome. It hasn't been on bluray for anyone outside of Europe. Would have been great to have a Bernie Wrightson special feature included.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It's an Australian release but will play in any player since it's region-free. Apparently there are no movies at Amazon AU for some reason, but it can be pre-ordered from the company itself: https://www.umbrellaent.com.au/comin...t-blu-ray.html
    Thank you!

Country
    Country Flag

http://bloody-disgusting.com/home-vi...es-miniseries/
    Over 1,000 minutes of Stephen King adaptations!

Stephen King, all these years after he burst onto the scene, is hotter than ever right now, and everyone is grabbing for their piece of the pie. Including Paramount, who have unveiled an upcoming collection that’s packed with movie and miniseries adaptations.

It’s unfortunately a DVD set, but that means you get tons of King for only $20!

The set includes:

The Stand
    The Langoliers
    Golden Years
    The Dead Zone
    Pet Sematary
    Silver Bullet
    Graveyard Shift

This latest King home video collection arrives on June 12, 2018.

But...and please don't hit me...all those movies are (not so good).

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont believe that GRAVEYARD SHIFT got the Stephen King's name in its title?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    But...and please don't hit me...all those movies are (not so good).
    Hey, that's part of the fun.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

I'm sure I saw GRAVEYARD SHIFT at the theater, and remember walking out EXTREMELY disappointed.

THE DEAD ZONE is probably good, but it's been so long since I've seen it I can't remember a thing about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast