+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 204

Thread: New releases coming out on Blu-ray and DVD

  1. #176
    Honky Mahfah ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,251
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Looks like THE IRISHMAN will be released on Blu-ray by The Criterion Collection, so I'll finally be able to see it.
    It's a real pain when you're too cheap to have streaming or cable, like me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

    And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

  2. #177
    Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    9,986
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Looks like THE IRISHMAN will be released on Blu-ray by The Criterion Collection, so I'll finally be able to see it.
    It's a real pain when you're too cheap to have streaming or cable, like me.
    It was very well done. I think you'll enjoy it.
    "I’m goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

  3. #178
    Vagrant Dead MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    4,283
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Looks like THE IRISHMAN will be released on Blu-ray by The Criterion Collection, so I'll finally be able to see it.
    It's a real pain when you're too cheap to have streaming or cable, like me.
    Where did you see this? I collect their movies and get the news letter and check the new release page and did not see it.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

  4. #179
    Honky Mahfah ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,251
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Looks like THE IRISHMAN will be released on Blu-ray by The Criterion Collection, so I'll finally be able to see it.
    It's a real pain when you're too cheap to have streaming or cable, like me.
    Where did you see this? I collect their movies and get the news letter and check the new release page and did not see it.
    This is where I read it:

    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/t...on-1203479687/
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

    And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

  5. #180
    The Shadow King fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    20,087
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Looks like THE IRISHMAN will be released on Blu-ray by The Criterion Collection, so I'll finally be able to see it.
    It's a real pain when you're too cheap to have streaming or cable, like me.
    Wait soooo you're going to spend $25 on a Blu-Ray, when you can stream Netflix for 3 months with that same amount, and cram as many films as you possibly can in that time frame, Irishman included?

    Am I missing something?
    What was it John Lennon said? Bigger than Jesus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

  6. #181
    Vagrant Dead MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    4,283
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Looks like THE IRISHMAN will be released on Blu-ray by The Criterion Collection, so I'll finally be able to see it.
    It's a real pain when you're too cheap to have streaming or cable, like me.
    Where did you see this? I collect their movies and get the news letter and check the new release page and did not see it.
    This is where I read it:

    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/t...on-1203479687/
    Thanks.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

  7. #182
    Honky Mahfah ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,251
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I don't stream, have no idea how to even do it, I'm old fashioned. I'm not even sure I can do it out here in the boonies, I never looked into it.
    And I like to own things, because I'm materialistic, one of my many, many faults.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

    And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

  8. #183
    Demon of the Prim kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,217
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Yea. Missing running commentary by director and film scholars, documentaries and making-of behind the scenes features, better sound and picture, get to own the film whether you have Netflix or not. You can let friends and family that do not have Netflix borrow it. Can watch it in places that do not have internet (cabin or RV).

    Oh . . . And you can still watch it if your internet goes out temporarily or forever.

    Check out David Lynch's Wild at Heart, Mel Gibson's Apocalypto, Ron Howard's Cocoon, Kevin Smith's Dogma, Pink Floyd's The Wall, Peter Bogdanovich's Mask, "comedy classics" Better Off Dead and Revenge of the Nerds on streaming. You are out of luck on streaming. Not available at all (or very limited) I can slip in my old outdated DVD or import blu-ray and watch anytime I feel like it.



    seeking: anything #246 Dark Tower
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

  9. #184
    The Shadow King fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    20,087
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Yea. Missing running commentary by director and film scholars, documentaries and making-of behind the scenes features, better sound and picture, get to own the film whether you have Netflix or not. You can let friends and family that do not have Netflix borrow it. Can watch it in places that do not have internet (cabin or RV).

    Oh . . . And you can still watch it if your internet goes out temporarily or forever.

    Check out David Lynch's Wild at Heart, Mel Gibson's Apocalypto, Ron Howard's Cocoon, Kevin Smith's Dogma, Pink Floyd's The Wall, Peter Bogdanovich's Mask, "comedy classics" Better Off Dead and Revenge of the Nerds on streaming. You are out of luck on streaming. Not available at all (or very limited) I can slip in my old outdated DVD or import blu-ray and watch anytime I feel like it.



    seeking: anything #246 Dark Tower
    I can literally watch any of those online or through firestick, without having to leave the comfort of my couch and pop in a bunch of DVDs
    What was it John Lennon said? Bigger than Jesus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

  10. #185
    The Shadow King fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito has a reputation beyond repute fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    20,087
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I don't stream, have no idea how to even do it, I'm old fashioned. I'm not even sure I can do it out here in the boonies, I never looked into it.
    And I like to own things, because I'm materialistic, one of my many, many faults.
    Ah, I see! Yeah, I used to love to own physical media too, but storage space is at a premium when you live in a place like Los Angeles. I had to give most of it away to my siblings when I moved out, I only kept the absolute essentials, more for sentimental value than anything.
    What was it John Lennon said? Bigger than Jesus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

  11. #186
    Demon of the Prim kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,217
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Yea. Missing running commentary by director and film scholars, documentaries and making-of behind the scenes features, better sound and picture, get to own the film whether you have Netflix or not. You can let friends and family that do not have Netflix borrow it. Can watch it in places that do not have internet (cabin or RV).

    Oh . . . And you can still watch it if your internet goes out temporarily or forever.

    Check out David Lynch's Wild at Heart, Mel Gibson's Apocalypto, Ron Howard's Cocoon, Kevin Smith's Dogma, Pink Floyd's The Wall, Peter Bogdanovich's Mask, "comedy classics" Better Off Dead and Revenge of the Nerds on streaming. You are out of luck on streaming. Not available at all (or very limited) I can slip in my old outdated DVD or import blu-ray and watch anytime I feel like it.



    seeking: anything #246 Dark Tower
    I can literally watch any of those online or through firestick, without having to leave the comfort of my couch and pop in a bunch of DVDs
    No you can't. None are available on amazon or to stream legally. And Not with all the features and additional perks I mentioned. And streaming still has inferior sound and picture as mentioned.

    seeking: anything #246 Dark Tower
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

  12. #187
    Honky Mahfah ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan has a reputation beyond repute ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,251
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I just watched Tex Avery Screwball Classics Vol. 1 on Blu-ray DVD, and although the cartoons were good, and the picture quality was excellent, I'll probably never watch it again, so that is an argument for streaming. There were zero special features.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

    And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

  13. #188
    Demon of the Prim kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323 is a name known to all kingfan2323's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,217
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I just watched Tex Avery Screwball Classics Vol. 1 on Blu-ray DVD, and although the cartoons were good, and the picture quality was excellent, I'll probably never watch it again, so that is an argument for streaming. There were zero special features.
    Good point. I do watch tons of stuff on streaming. Love it. For a masterpiece from the best filmmaker on earth I'll take a Criterion Collection Blu Ray. So a combo of both does the trick for me.

    seeking: anything #246 Dark Tower
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

  14. #189
    Great Old One Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adrogué, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    8,124
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    **NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

    A creepy combination of Stephen King and underground terror comes to life in 1990’s horror show GRAVEYARD SHIFT, clocking in on Blu-ray for the first time in North America.

    When an abandoned textile mill is reopened, several employees meet mysterious deaths. The link between the killings is the hour: all occurred between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. – the Graveyard Shift. The sadistic mill foreman has chosen a group to clean up the mill’s rat-infested basement. But what the workers find is a subterranean maze of tunnels leading to the cemetery – and an unimaginable horror that comes alive in the dead of night …

    Street date: 7/28. Extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date. Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7401
    Wanted list:
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.

  15. #190
    Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    9,986
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    **NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

    A creepy combination of Stephen King and underground terror comes to life in 1990’s horror show GRAVEYARD SHIFT, clocking in on Blu-ray for the first time in North America.

    When an abandoned textile mill is reopened, several employees meet mysterious deaths. The link between the killings is the hour: all occurred between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. – the Graveyard Shift. The sadistic mill foreman has chosen a group to clean up the mill’s rat-infested basement. But what the workers find is a subterranean maze of tunnels leading to the cemetery – and an unimaginable horror that comes alive in the dead of night …

    Street date: 7/28. Extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date. Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7401
    Man, that movie was horrible.
    "I’m goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

  16. #191
    Guardian of the Beam St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    3,172
    My Mood
    Scared
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    ...I used to love to own physical media too, but storage space is at a premium when you live in a place like Los Angeles.
    The lesson here is: don't live in a place like Los Angeles.
    Fuck Derek Chauvin and fuck looters, rioters, arsonists, and Antifa.

    Get it?

  17. #192
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Out spending, Br!an's 1st & last mos security deposit for proposed rental space.
    Posts
    28,602
    My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    In regard to this digital vs physical medium discussion I have a cautionary tale for all you digital fans. When all this digital content first became available I purchased 8 or 10 titles including "IT Pt I" thru Directv about a year year and half ago. I had purchased "It" in December of the prior year and went to watch it again in June of the following. When I went to view it, the system asked me to purchase the film again. Confused, I contacted, Directv and began what ended up being a two week customer Svc call to regain my rights to all 8 or so films (turned out the system had all of the purchases as "expired".) I finally spoke with a Sr. programmer (a former DTV employee, not AT&T) who advised me that all purchases in the system were only given 6 mos of viewing rights!!!! He finally made things right by refunding the purchase prices I had paid for all the titles. Apparently, the programmers didn't quite understand the concept of "Purchasing" the film in digital form!!! LOL
    \
    Since then, I have never gone back to purchasing digital content. I went back to my tried and trus practice of buying the Blu-Ray/DVD edition of movies. My point being whether its stupid programmers, Server/Hard Drive failure, Corporate mergers/acquisitions or power outages what do you people purchasing digital content thru your service of choice do if your content suddenly "goes away" and you have no record of the purchase or any valid means to demand satisfaction, return of your funds or replacement of the content? It could all just disappear at any time for a number of reasons and you've given over your hard earned cash?
    The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!!

    They cheated their way to a couple of League Championships & a World Series!!!!

    Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

  18. #193
    Guardian of the Beam Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hagerstown, IN
    Posts
    3,264
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Agree
    Wish List:
    Rage 1st/1st
    Goblin-Josh Malerman

  19. #194
    Guardian of the Beam St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    3,172
    My Mood
    Scared
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    What's the best conventionally available edition of the It TV miniseries out there? I think there was a gift set with a shirt etc.; I have no interest in extras like that, but I do care about things like extra features or improved video/audio quality. Amazon kind of lumps them all together, tough to tell what's what.

    I prefer Blu-Ray but am willing to consider a DVD if the DVD had features not yet available on Blu-Ray.
    Fuck Derek Chauvin and fuck looters, rioters, arsonists, and Antifa.

    Get it?

  20. #195
    Guardian of the Beam St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    3,172
    My Mood
    Scared
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    In regard to this digital vs physical medium discussion...

    ...whether its stupid programmers, Server/Hard Drive failure, Corporate mergers/acquisitions or power outages what do you people purchasing digital content thru your service of choice do if your content suddenly "goes away" and you have no record of the purchase or any valid means to demand satisfaction, return of your funds or replacement of the content? It could all just disappear at any time for a number of reasons and you've given over your hard earned cash?
    I am the same way, for the same reasons (also, I like the physical aspect), particularly with music (gotta have CDs).
    Fuck Derek Chauvin and fuck looters, rioters, arsonists, and Antifa.

    Get it?

  21. #196
    Big Coffin Hunter herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    9,979
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    What's the best conventionally available edition of the It TV miniseries out there? I think there was a gift set with a shirt etc.; I have no interest in extras like that, but I do care about things like extra features or improved video/audio quality. Amazon kind of lumps them all together, tough to tell what's what.

    I prefer Blu-Ray but am willing to consider a DVD if the DVD had features not yet available on Blu-Ray.
    In France, the dvd and bluray version used a newly recorded audio track, which do not have the same character, IMO, than the tape one !
    Luckily, someone shared a vhsrip a few years back. Quality is definitely different, but... it's the version I grew up with.

    My apologies, that wasnt the answer you were looking for !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

  22. #197
    The Hound CyberGhostface is just really nice CyberGhostface is just really nice CyberGhostface is just really nice CyberGhostface is just really nice CyberGhostface's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,650
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    What's the best conventionally available edition of the It TV miniseries out there? I think there was a gift set with a shirt etc.; I have no interest in extras like that, but I do care about things like extra features or improved video/audio quality. Amazon kind of lumps them all together, tough to tell what's what.

    I prefer Blu-Ray but am willing to consider a DVD if the DVD had features not yet available on Blu-Ray.
    The Blu-ray is what you're going to want to go for. As for editions the disc is the same they've just released versions with different packaging (mainly different steelbooks) so it doesn't really matter which one (one steelbook is currently available on the Best Buy website). In addition to the improved video/audio quality it has the proper aspect ratio; the DVD is widescreen and cuts off the top and bottom. The Blu-ray and DVD both come with the same bonus features which is a commentary track with the director and a few of the actors.

    One caveat which is present on both DVD and Blu-ray is that they present it as one long "movie" as opposed to two separate parts; they cut out the credits and the opening minutes of part 2. So those are only on the VHS copy currently but someone put the footage on YouTube below.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkyWZalnSQo


    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

    My Collection

  23. #198
    Guardian of the Beam St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    3,172
    My Mood
    Scared
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    ...the DVD is widescreen and cuts off the top and bottom.
    Yikes; I hadn’t thought of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    One caveat which is present on both DVD and Blu-ray is that they present it as one long "movie" as opposed to two separate parts; they cut out the credits and the opening minutes of part 2. So those are only on the VHS copy currently but someone put the footage on YouTube...
    Is any actual story missing or just the background images?
    Fuck Derek Chauvin and fuck looters, rioters, arsonists, and Antifa.

    Get it?

  24. #199
    The Hound CyberGhostface is just really nice CyberGhostface is just really nice CyberGhostface is just really nice CyberGhostface is just really nice CyberGhostface's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,650
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    There’s a few minutes of Bill talking to a lady at the hotel (she talks about how she likes his books) and then riding in the cab where he sees the old movie theater is closed. The DVD/Blu-ray just goes straight to him visiting Georgie’s grave.


    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

    My Collection

  25. #200
    Guardian of the Beam St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    3,172
    My Mood
    Scared
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    There’s a few minutes of Bill talking to a lady at the hotel (she talks about how she likes his books) and then riding in the cab where he sees the old movie theater is closed. The DVD/Blu-ray just goes straight to him visiting Georgie’s grave.
    Why is it so hard to just do these things correctly?

    Thanks for all the info.
    Fuck Derek Chauvin and fuck looters, rioters, arsonists, and Antifa.

    Get it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts