Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New King releases coming out on Blu-ray and DVD

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default New King releases coming out on Blu-ray and DVD

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9124
    In the fall, Paramount Home Media Distribution will bring Pet Sematary to Blu-ray. Adapted by bestselling author Stephen King from his own novel, this horror-thriller examines the supernatural happenings surrounding a small-town pet cemetery.

From Paramount's official synopsis:

"[The film] tells the story of Louis and Rachel Creed (Dale Midkiff, The Crow: Salvation, and Denise Crosby, Star Trek: The Next Generation) and their two children, an average family who move into an idyllic home in the countryside to begin what promises to be a perfect new life. Unfortunately, their dream home sits next to a pet cemetery with a horrible and dark secret. When a family tragedy causes Louis to become unhinged with grief, he pays a visit to the cemetery and unleashes an unspeakable evil on the world."

Paramount's Blu-ray presents the film in its 1.85:1 original aspect ratio with a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio track. The disc also contains the following supplements:
    • Commentary by director Mary Lambert
    • Stephen King Territory with the author delving into both the film's locations as well as the origins of his novel
    • Behind-the-scenes featurettes:
    • The Characters
    • Filming the Horror

Pet Sematary streets on October 2nd.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9157
    Image Entertainment will release on Blu-ray director Mick Garris' Sleepwalkers (1992), starring Brian Krause, Madchen Amick and Alice Krige. The Blu-ray will be available for purchase online and in shops across the United States on September 4th.

Special Features:
    • Talent Files
    • Production Notes
    • Bonus Trailers

Brian Krause and Alice Krige star in this terrifying tale of modern-day vampires who prey on virtuous young women. Madchen Amick plays the sexually curious virgin who falls for the new boy in school (Brian Krause), only to learn too late that he's a life-sucking Sleepwalker. Mutating at will from golden boy to savage monster, Krause stalks Amick to feed his seductive mother. As the tension mounts (and the casualties pile up), the town's tabbies gather for a final, chilling showdown with the monsters in their midst - and we all know it's not nice to hurt people's felines... With cameo appearances by Stephen King and Clive Barker.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always liked "Pet Sematary." Fred Gwynn was great as Jud. It's hard to slip that Herman Munster association but he did a fine job and I congratulate whoever cast him in that role. He was perfect. "Sleepwalkers" on the other hand was a real dud. I haven't seen it in years, but remember laughing out loud when the woman is spinning around and the fake cats are sewed to her to make it look as though they are attacking. It's hard to think of anything good to say about that one.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just like the cat.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Sleepwalkers was a cool movie Plus it was written by King just for the screen.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it. I'd hardly say it was a great movie, but I was entertained.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Default George A. Romero's Knight Riders on blu-ray/dvd

I have never seen this but I have always seen this as one of Steve's first cameos in a movie.

Arrow Video has officially announced and detailed their upcoming Dual Format edition of George A. Romero's Knightriders (1981), starring Ed Harris, Gary Lahti, Tom Savini, and Patricia Tallman. The release will be available for purchase on April 22.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10693

I know it's a stretch for SK news but hey if you need to have it all...

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If I remember he was there while trying to work on the Creepshow movie script. This was a movie that was a free late late movie at the Drive-Inn. Basically come watch a free movie at 2am, and buy the old food we have before we throw it out.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

KNIGHTRIDERS SHOOTING SCRIPT.

JORDY VERRILL GOES TO THE RACES.

AND TABITHA TOO.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Calculator watch. LoL Yup the 80's

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You just have about everything don't you Needful. Nice script!!! Was King actually written in the script or just an add in?

just an add in... maybe lester & wife

Traveler Conan1982 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This is a great film and definitely worth owning. Hopefully all of the bonus footage is available in both included formats.

FYI This BLU-RAY/DVD set will not play on U.S.A. players unless it is region free.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Pretty funny article about this movie. Steve is number 1 on the list.
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-insane...vie-ever-made/

Country
    Country Flag

Default Just Desserts: The Making of Creepshow

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=18981
    U.S. label Synapse Films will release on Blu-ray Just Desserts: The Making of Creepshow. The release will be available for purchase on July 12.

Synopsis: In 1982, author Stephen King and director George A. Romero collaborated on a feature-film tribute to the controversial EC comics of the 1950s. Told through five jolting tales of terror, Creepshow has become a celebrated horror classic over the past three decades. With an all-star cast, and featuring groundbreaking special effects by genre legend Tom Savini, Creepshow stands as a horrific and hilarious tribute to the stories that helped influence (and corrupt) a generation of writers and filmmakers. Now the tales behind the creation of this chilling masterpiece can finally be told!

Featuring rare behind-the-scenes footage and photographs, Just Desserts: The Making of Creepshow also contains over a dozen interviews, including George A. Romero, Tom Savini, Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins and many others. These are the terrifying stories behind the film that promised you... The Most Fun You'll Ever Have...BEING SCARED!

Special Features:

Audio Commentary with Director & Editor Michael Felsher
    Audio Commentary featuring interviews with Actor John Amplas, Property Master Bruce Alan Miller, and Make-Up Effects Assistant Darryl Ferrucci
    Creepshow Days An interview with Director of Photography, Director Michael Gornick
    Extended Interview Segments with George A. Romero, Tom Savini, and Bernie Wrightson
    Behind The Screams A compilation of on-set video footage from Tom Savini
    Horror's Hallowed Grounds with Sean Clark
    Scream Greats Volume One: Tom Savini, Master of Horror Effects with Optional Audio Commentary with Tom Savini
    Vintage 1982 Evening Magazine Segment shot on the set of the film, featuring rare cast & crew interviews
    Behind-The-Scenes of CREEPSHOW Photo Gallery

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nice!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default New Carrie Blu-ray coming from Scream Factory

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw this over in a CD thread. Pretty cool looking.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/17...-it-salems-lot
    A trio of stranger things is coming to Blu-ray: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced Wednesday that they’re releasing two miniseries adapted from Stephen King-penned tales —1979’s vampire saga Salem’s Lot and 1990’s creepy clown tale It — on the format for the first time Sept. 20. That day, WBHE is also debuting a Blu-ray of the King-written horror anthology Cat’s Eye, whose most memorable segment finds James Woods’ character embarking on what turns out to be a very stringent anti-smoking regime.

Cat’s Eye will include a commentary from filmmaker Lewis Teague while It has a commentary with Richard Thomas, among others. Meanwhile, Salem’s Lot boasts an all-new commentary from its director and Master of Horror, Tobe Hooper. The Blu-rays will all feature new high-definition masters of the King adaptations.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19711
    Scream Factory has extended the list of bonus features for its upcoming anniversary Blu-ray edition of Brian De Palma's classic film Carrie (1976). The release will be available for purchase on October 11.

The label has just revealed that in addition to the previously announced bonus features, the upcoming release will include a brand new video interview with legendary composer Pino Donnagio.

Synopsis: Based on the best-selling Stephen King novel, this "absolutely spellbinding horror movie" (Roger Ebert) has become a pervasive, pop-culture touchstone for anyone who's ever wanted to get even. Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie deliver Oscar-nominated performances and John Travolta and Amy Irving are terrific in this ultimate revenge fantasy that has become one of the all-time great horror classics, and is now, finally, offered as a definitive, two-disc Collector's Edition Blu-ray!

At the center of the terror is Carrie (Spacek), a high school loner with no confidence, no friends... and no idea about the extent of her secret powers of telekinesis. But when her psychotic mother and sadistic classmates finally go too far, the once-shy teen becomes an unrestrained, vengeance-seeking powerhouse who, with the help of her "special gift," causes all hell to break loose in a famed cinematic frenzy of blood, fire and brimstone!

SPECIAL FEATURES AND TECHNICAL SPECS:

NEW 4K Scan of the original negative and restoration
    NEW More Acting Carrie – featuring interviews with Nancy Allen, Betty Buckley, William Katt, Piper Laurie, Edie McClurg and P.J. Soles
    NEW Writing Carrie – an interview with screenwriter Lawrence Cohen
    NEW Cutting Carrie – an interview with editor Paul Hirsch
    NEW Shooting Carrie – an interview with director of photography Mario Tosi
    NEW Casting Carrie – an interview with casting director Harriet B. Helberg
    NEW Bucket of Blood – interview with composer Pino Donaggio
    NEW Horror's Hallowed Grounds – a tour of the film's locations
    Acting Carrie- interviews with Sissy Spacek, Amy Irving, Betty Buckley, Nancy Allen, Jack Fisk, William Katt, Piper Laurie, Priscilla Pointer, P.J. Soles and Brian DePalma
    Visualizing Carrie- interviews with Brian De Palma, Jack Fisk, Lawrence D. Cohen, Paul Hirsch
    Carrie, the Musical
    Vinatge TV Spots
    Vintage Radio Spots
    Still Gallery – rare behind-the-scenes photos, posters and lobby cards
    Stephen King and the Evolution of Carrie text gallery
    Original Theatrical Trailer
    CARRIE Franchise Trailer Gallery

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Won't a person need a 4K resolution Blu-Ray player, AND a 4K display to take advantage of the enhanced resolution?

Country
    Country Flag

No, it just means they scanned the original film at 4K resolution. The blu-ray will be resized to 1080p but the quality will be much better, sharper, and colors more vivid. And the 4K scan itself can then be used on the UHD release in the future, which is in 4K and would require a 4K display and player, yes.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    No, it just means they scanned the original film at 4K resolution. The blu-ray will be resized to 1080p but the quality will be much better, sharper, and colors more vivid. And the 4K scan itself can then be used on the UHD release in the future, which is in 4K and would require a 4K display and player, yes.
    A "scan" in 4K is still less than the resolution of true film.

Country
    Country Flag

Sure but at this point that would be the best we can get.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So they've already established that in this universe, everyone has the zombie virus in them. They've also established that if you are bitten, you turn. Unless of course, you are able to cut off the bitten part.

So now for the first time ever, we have a guy that has been bitten and survived? In fact the bite actually healed?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast