Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New King releases coming out on Blu-ray and DVD

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked half of those adaptions, so maybe...

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I would buy it if it contains the full seven-part series version of Golden Years (which is impossible to find anywhere, even online), but it's probably just the usual very condensed version.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    I would buy it if it contains the full seven-part series version of Golden Years (which is impossible to find anywhere, even online), but it's probably just the usual very condensed version.
    I suspect it could be found on one of the torrent sites, but yeah the end was modified a bit due to the way the miniseries ended. I don't think there will be an official release of the miniseries as it originally aired. Hell, they still haven't released the uncut Needful Things and I'm not even sure why it was cut (quite a bit).
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Psssst ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=23464
    Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has officially announced that it will celebrate the 35th anniversary of director John Carpenter's cult film Christine (1983) with a brand new 4K Blu-ray release, which will be available for purchase on September 11th.

Christine is presented in 4K resolution and includes newly-remixed Dolby Atmos audio – perfect for this dynamic and impactful film. 4K Blu-ray features four times the resolution of high definition, high dynamic range (HDR)--which produces brilliant highlights, vibrant colors and greater contrast on compatible displays--and Dolby Atmos audio, remixed specifically for the home theater environment, delivering captivating sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room, including overhead.

Synopsis: John Carpenter brings Stephen King's best-selling novel to life in this chilling thriller. She was born in Detroit ... on an automobile assembly line. But she is no ordinary automobile. Deep within her chassis lives an unholy presence. She is CHRISTINE – a red and white 1958 Plymouth Fury whose unique standard equipment includes an evil, indestructible vengeance that will destroy anyone in her way. She seduces 17-year-old Arnie Cunningham (Keith Gordon), who becomes consumed with passion for her sleek, rounded chrome-laden body. She demands his complete and unquestioned devotion and when outsiders seek to interfere, they become the victims of Christine's horrifying wrath.

4K BLU-RAY TECHNICAL SPECS:

Feature film in 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR)
    Dolby Atmos soundtrack (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible)
    Also includes the film on high-def Blu-ray

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:

Deleted Scenes
    Audio Commentary with Director John Carpenter and Keith Gordon
    Three Featurettes:
    "Christine: Ignition"
    "Christine: Fast and Furious"
    "Christine: Finish Line"

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Mae. I've always liked the movie and one of my favorite books. This is one I've always hoped that would be remade to be more true to the storyline. I'll pick it up nonetheless.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That car looks like it's bad to the bone.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Psssst ;-)
    A french fan ordered the DVD and checked. "Golden Years" is 3h56 long, like the copy of the DVD z1 that I have.
    It therefore seems to be a long time issue.

We had the same issue in France. About 15 years ago or so, I noticed it and mentionned it to the french publisher of the DVD.
    They later contacted me back to thank me, let me know that they did get an incomplete master DVD, and that they were reissued it, fully, both with french and english language.
    I therefore have the complete version which is 2h21 + 3h50, therefore 6h09

Maybe this is the only version with the complete miniseries?
    I've sent a message to Marsha about it
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

edit : the french DVD only has the french audiotrack..

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFacto...type=3&theater
    We are proud (and so unbelievably excited) to reveal today that we are prepping to release the classic George A. Romero and Stephen King 1982 anthology CREEPSHOW this Fall in an all-new upgraded presentation! Because we feel this is a rather huge and beloved title, we are rolling this out a little more uniquely so please read carefully for all the details that we have at the time.

• Naturally, this will be branded as a “Collector’s Edition” but packaged a bit differently than we have done in the past for other CEs. This will come with a rigid slipcover (like what we did with the deluxe version release of Nightbreed) that will house a Blu-ray case and a collectible booklet featuring a new essay from Michael Gingold (Fangoria, Rue-Morgue, Dellirium). The newly-commissioned artwork pictured on the slipcase is from Laz Marquez (Army of Darkness, The Howling and Lifeforce steelbooks).

• The Blu-ray case wrap inside will be reversible featuring original theatrical artwork on both sides. (The “ticket booth” one and the “Comic book” one.)

• New extras and specs are still in progress and will be announced later in September. Rest-assured we have plenty planned and…we are in progress of doing an all-new film transfer!

• This will be the national release which streets on October 23rd. U.S. and Canada territories (Region A).

THE FOLLOWING INFO BELOW REFERS TO THE EXCLUSIVE LIMITED-EDITION WEBSITE OFFER (ONLY 1,500 AVAILABLE):

• If you order Creepshow from our site directly you will receive the Blu-ray two weeks early and the following exclusively-made-for us items:
    • A rolled 28.5” x 16.5” lithograph poster of the slipcase art
    by Laz Marquez
    • A rolled 18” x 24” poster of alternative art illustration, also
    by Laz Marquez
    • Pre-order link @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=6868

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably won't get it myself but the packaging looks really cool, it'd be nice to see something like that for the 1990 'It' someday...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Better view of the slipcover:

Country
    Country Flag

Maximum Overdrive will be out on blu-ray October 23, 2018, though no details or cover art yet available:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=308859

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Better view of the slipcover:

Ahhh poop. I need this now. Thanks a lot.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Maximum Overdrive will be out on blu-ray October 23, 2018, though no details or cover art yet available:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=308859
    And here we go:

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/28...his-halloween/
    Stephen King’s first and only directing effort Maximum Overdrive starring is Emilio Estevez and Pat Hingle is coming to Blu-ray via Vestron Video this Halloween!

You can check out the cover art to the right and a full list of special features below and then make sure to hit us up and let us know what you think in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram!

Directed by Stephen King, the films stars Emilio Estevez, Pat Hingle, Laura Harrington, Yeardley Smith, John Short, Ellen McElduff, J.C. Quinn, Christopher Murney, Holter Graham, Frankie Faison, Pat Miller, Jack Canon, Barry Bell, John Brasington, J. Don Ferguson, Leon Rippy, and Robert Gooden.

Special Features:

Interview with Producer Martha DeLaurentiis
    Interview with Special Make-Up Effects Creator Dean Gates
    On-Set Vintage Interviews with Stephen King, Emilio Estevez, and Laura Harrington
    Behind-The-Scenes Footage
    Theatrical Trailer
    TV Spots
    Still Gallery

The film hits Blu-ray October 23rd.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Very excited love this movie! I can't believe that audio book narrator Holter Grahm is the same person as the kid from Maximum Overdrive!
    here's more info

NEW: Audio Commentary with Writer Tony Magistrale, Author of Hollywood’s Steven King
    NEW: Audio Commentary by Actor and Comedian Jonah Ray and Blumhouse Film Executive Ryan Turek
    NEW: “Truck Stop Tales” Featurette – An Interview with Producer Martha De Laurentiis
    NEW: “Rage Against the Machines” Featurette – An Interview with Actress Laura Harrington
    NEW: “Honeymoon Horrors” Featurette – Interviews with Actor John Short and Actress Yeardley Smith
    NEW: “Maximum Carnage” Featurette – An Interview with Make-Up Effects Creator Dean Gates
    “A Kid in King’s Court” Featurette – An Interview with Actor Holter Graham
    NEW: “The Wilmington Factor” Featurette – A Look Back at the Filming of Maximum Overdrive with Members of the Production Crew in North Carolina
    NEW: “Who Made Who?” Featurette – An Interview with Murray Engleheart, Co-Author of AC/DC: Maximum Rock & Roll
    NEW: “Goblin Resurrectus” Featurette – The Restoration of the Happy Toyz Golbin
    Behind-the-Scenes Footage
    Still Gallery
    Theatrical Trailer
    TV Spots

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/08...ing-upgrades-b

Country
    Country Flag

Better look at the blu-ray slipcover: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=23805

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=23921
    Scream Factory has detailed its upcoming Collector's Edition of George Romero's cult film Creepshow (1982), starring Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, Fritz Weaver, Leslie Nielsen, and Carrie Nye. The release will be available for purchase on October 23.

Synopsis: Five creepy tales are strung together by a framing story involving a young boy being punished by his father for reading the gruesome, titular comic book. "Father's Day" tells the tale of a family patriarch exacting beyond-the-grave revenge on the daughter who murdered him. In "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill," a Maine hayseed is overtaken by a meteor-based plant growth. A cuckolded husband exacts watery revenge on his cheating wife and her lover in "Something to Tide You Over." A hairy beast in a box is used for nefarious purposes at a university in "The Crate." Finally, in "They're Creeping Up on You," a wealthy, arrogant New Yorker with a fear of germs has a disturbing run-in with cockroaches during a blackout.

SPECIAL FEATURES AND TECHNICAL SPECS:

BRAND NEW 4K REMASTER SOURCED FROM THE ORIGINAL CAMERA NEGATIVE, with color correction supervised and approved by director of photography Michael Gornick
    NEW Audio Commentary with director of photography Michael Gornick
    NEW Audio Commentary with composer/first assistant director John Harrison and construction co-ordinator Ed Fountain
    NEW Terror and the Three Rivers – a round table discussion on the making of CREEPSHOW with John Amplas, Tom Atkins, Tom Savini and Marty Schiff
    NEW The Comic Book Look – an interview with costume designer Barbara Anderson
    NEW Ripped From The Pages – an interview with animator Rick Catizone
    NEW The Colors of Creepshow – a look at the restoration of CREEPSHOW with director of photography Michael Gornick
    NEW Into The Mix – an interview with sound re-recordist Chris Jenkins
    NEW Mondo Macabre – A look at Mondo's various CREEPSHOW posters with Mondo Co-Founder Rob Jones and Mondo Gallery Events Planner Josh Curry
    NEW Collecting Creepshow – a look at some of the original props and collectibles from the film with collector Dave Burian
    Audio Commentary with Director George A. Romero and Special Make-Up Effects Creator Tom Savini
    Audio Interviews with director of photography Michael Gornick, actor John Amplas, property master Bruce Alan Miller, and make-up effects assistant Darryl Ferrucci
    Tom Savini's Behind-the-Scenes Footage
    Horror's Hallowed Grounds – a look at the original film locations hosted by Sean Clark
    Deleted Scenes
    Theatrical Trailers
    TV Spot
    Radio Spots
    Still Galleries – Posters, Lobby Cards and Movie Stills
    Still Galleries – Behind the Scenes photos
    Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Gotta love Creepshow: the way they presented the stories, the camera angles, special effects, etc., all of it, and a great cast. This was one of those movies I'd have expected to not turn out correctly because there was no way that everyone involved could "get" what they were supposed to be making - but instead, everyone nailed it, and we got what we were supposed to get.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/99...tails-revealed
    Just under a month after the first season came to an end, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has revealed the details for the Blu-Ray and DVD versions of Castle Rock: The Complete First Season, which is set to hit shelves on January 8, 2019! The series will be available to own digitally on October 15.

A psychological-horror series set in the Stephen King multiverse, the series combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King’s best-loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland. The fictional Maine town of Castle Rock has figured prominently in King’s literary career: Cujo, The Dark Half, IT and Needful Things, as well as novella The Body and numerous short stories such as Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption are either set there or contain references to Castle Rock. Castle Rock is an original suspense/thriller — a first-of-its-kind reimagining that explores the themes and worlds uniting the entire King canon, while brushing up against some of his most iconic and beloved stories.

The series stars André Holland, Melanie Lynskey, Sissy Spacek, Bill Skarsgård, Jane Levy and Scott Glenn.

Sam Shaw & Dustin Thomason developed the project for television and serve as executive producers along with J.J. Abrams, Ben Stephenson and Liz Glotzer. Castle Rock is from Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

The digital release, which is available for purchase beginning Oct. 15, the DVD and the Blu-Ray editions of the first season include all 10 one-hour episodes of the season, as well as a slew of bonus materials, listed below:

Blood on the Page (New Featurette)
    A Clockwork of Horror: Merging the styles of Stephen King & J.J. Abrams (New Featurette)
    Inside the Episode: Severance
    Inside the Episode: Habeas Corpus
    Inside the Episode Local Color
    Inside the Episode: The Box
    Inside the Episode: Harvest
    Inside the Episode: Filter
    Inside the Episode: The Queen
    Inside the Episode: Past Perfect
    Inside the Episode: Henry Dever
    Inside the Episode: Romans

Castle Rock is also available for streaming on Hulu and has been renewed for a second season, which will premiere sometime in 2019.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=24021
    Scream Factory has detailed its upcoming Collector's Edition of Mick Garris' thriller Sleepwalkers (1992), starring Alice Krige, Brian Krause, Mädchen Amick, Lyman Ward, and Cindy Pickett. The release will be available for purchase on November 6.

Synopsis: Brian Krause (Charmed) and Alice Krige (Ghost Story) star in this terrifying tale of modern-day vampires who move from small town to small town to prey on virtuous young women. Imperceptibly inhuman to everyone except for felines, these vicious shape-shifters have their eyes on a new victim: Mädchen Amick (Twin Peaks) is Tanya, the sexually curious virgin who falls for Charles, the new boy in school (Krause). Mutating at will from golden boy to savage monster, Charles stalks Tanya to feed his seductive mother. As the tension mounts (and the casualties pile up), the town's tabbies gather for a final, chilling showdown with the monsters in their midst – and we all know it's not nice to hurt people's felines.

Sleepwalkers also features cameo appearances by Stephen King and horror legend Clive Barker (Nightbreed).

Special Features and Technical Specs:

NEW Audio Commentary with Director Mick Garris And Actors Mädchen Amick And Brian Krause
    NEW Feline Trouble – An Interview with Director Mick Garris
    NEW When Charles Met Tanya – A Conversation with Actors Mädchen Amick And Brian Krause
    NEW Family Values – An Interview with Actress Alice Krige
    NEW Feline Trouble: The FX Of Stephen King's Sleepwalkers – Interviews with Special Make-up Effects Creator Tony Gardner And Prosthetics Designer Mike Smithson
    Behind-The-Scenes Footage
    Theatrical Trailer
    TV Spots
    Still Gallery
    Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Scream Factory Sale, including Carrie and Misery Blu-Rays at least $10 off

https://www.shoutfactory.com/sale/shocktober-2018

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Might be cheaper to grab these on Amazon with faster shipping.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Scream Factory releases aren't really any cheaper on amazon if they are on there at all.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Scream Factory releases aren't really any cheaper on amazon if they are on there at all.
    Misery was at the time I purchased it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast