Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    A couple of years ago I purchased the numbered and lettered editions of Dan Simmons' Hyperion books, Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion. I was really looking forwards to acquiring the other (numbered and lettered) books in this series, Ilium and Olympus. But, to my surprise I found out not too long ago SubPress already published these latter two books. In two a-similar editions, unfortunately.
    Such a disappointment.

sk
    ILIUM and OLYMPOS aren't part of the Hyperion milieu; they are a completely different series. --I haven't seen anything about them in ages, but as I understood it Sub does/did have plans to publish ENDYMION and THE RISE OF ENDYMION, which DO continue the story.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Ilium and Olympus are a different series -- It's Endymion and Rise of Endymion that finish out the Hyperion series.

I have S/L of Ilium and Olympus that I could be talked into parting with -- shipping to Europe, though, will be expensive, I expect.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ilium and Olympus are their own series, I believe (I haven't read any of them, so cannot say for sure) and not sequels to the Hyperion saga. The last two titles in the Hyperion saga are Endymion, and The Rise of Endymion. I think..

*Edited* Ah- see above!

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

I read HYPERION pretty much the month it came out, and have followed the series ever since. It was one of those books that restored my interest in modern science fiction; I still re-read it every five years or so.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the saga a lot but I also think it's not "good" for everyone. You have to be patient while reading it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    A couple of years ago I purchased the numbered and lettered editions of Dan Simmons' Hyperion books, Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion. I was really looking forwards to acquiring the other (numbered and lettered) books in this series, Ilium and Olympus. But, to my surprise I found out not too long ago SubPress already published these latter two books. In two a-similar editions, unfortunately.
    Such a disappointment.

sk
    ILIUM and OLYMPOS aren't part of the Hyperion milieu; they are a completely different series. --I haven't seen anything about them in ages, but as I understood it Sub does/did have plans to publish ENDYMION and THE RISE OF ENDYMION, which DO continue the story.
    Excellent! Thank you for this information!

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is this a Sai King thread? Or not?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Sorry about that.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a Subterranean Press topic. Other books by the publisher can be discussed.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Umm...why be sorry? It's labelled Sub Press.

I dont see why we cant talk about books other than King.

Is it in the wrong section or something?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Umm...why be sorry? It's labelled Sub Press.

I dont see why we cant talk about books other than King.

Is it in the wrong section or something?
    Dunno; pretty new here. Just trying to get it right.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    It's a Subterranean Press topic. Other books by the publisher can be discussed.
    The more King the better, but certainly anything to do with Sub Press is allowed/encouraged.
    It's all good.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just want to say that my one and only dealing with SP direct has been just brilliant. My copy of The Shining didn't show up, and they sent a replacement copy, matching the number previously sent. Then when the dust jacket arrived with dents/bumps they replaced that too.

They get the thumbs up from me. I love the quality of the book and Tray case on the Shining.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

SP just posted they have 22 S/L of Joe Hill's NOS4A2, for those who have not already gotten one!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Full price for dented books.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Drats! I missed out again on this book! Ugh.

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

missed again!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Missed it NOT... but.... full price for dented books. === No thanks...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's why I let it go as well, Frank.
    Still....I'm already beginning to regret my decision.....

sk

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That's why I let it go as well, Frank.
    Still....I'm already beginning to regret my decision.....

sk
    And ... i did not like the illustrations from GR.

Sub has posted for Grab Bags:
    http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...etail/grab_bag

I've had mixed results with these over the years... never a question of getting your money's worth, but I can't recall anything truly outstanding, either, unlike with similar offerings from other publishers.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

I would agree, nothing real special.......but I bought one anyway! Can't stop myself. Hope to find some "treasures"!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Money is tight so I am sitting out this grab bag - I did get a Ray Garton lettered edition in one of these, so there is some hope for something good.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody have any of the S/N LE Thomas Ligotti books? I am starting to explore his work and would love recommendations or even leads to buy some.

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's the postage that puts me off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast