Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I came across this book a couple of weeks ago because I was trying to put together a list of Lawrence Block S/Ls; I noticed that SK also signed and thought it was odd that it wasn't in the catalog.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I entered it in the Catalog yesterday. Thanks to Mr. Rabbit Trick for images.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Crowman

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Default Subterranean Press discussion thread

I didn't see a thread for this even though I looked around for a while, so I thought I'd create one. If I missed it feel free to merge.

I thought that maybe Subpress deserved its own thread because they have published SK and SK-related books before, and some of us do collect non-SK books.

Also, and I'll toot my own horn here a bit: we recently launched the new website after lots and lots of hard work. It sports a brand new design and e-commerce system which immediately allows for a better user experience while ordering, and over the long term will allow us to add features The clean and memorable URLs that are much-improved over the previous system also don't hurt when it comes to SEO. I could go on but I'll stop

They recently pulled out a few copies of the Hill House Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman and they recently posted a long-awaited update on Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I love Sub Press. I order all their Jack Vance books, and others as well.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

We do not have threads for specific publishers. There are too many for that.

There is a thread for Cemetery Dance, but that was started because the members here were frustrated and angry because of the business practices of CD at that time. They have since improved and now use that thread to answer queries and advertise their products.

I have several Subterranean Press books myself. Mostly the high end Lettered editions.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    We do not have threads for specific publishers. There are too many for that.

There is a thread for Cemetery Dance, but that was started because the members here were frustrated and angry because of the business practices of CD at that time. They have since improved and now use that thread to answer queries and advertise their products.
    The CD thread is useful for the many questions customers have regarding products but I often feel that a simple e-mail to CD is a more appropriate way of getting the same information. Lately it has been used to advertise non-King related products which I don't think is the purpose of this forum. If the mods allow CD to have a thread in which they advertise all of their new releases (King or non-King) then it would be only right that another publisher be granted the same rights. And, as has been discussed in the past, if the thread is not popular and doesn't get frequent posts then it will sink to the end of the list anyway.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I generally like them but some of their signed editions are pretty disappointing. When the only difference is the signature page and cloth vs. leather(ette?), that doesn't really justify the price. That they do soooo many reprints bugs me too but they do respond to emails right away and deliver on time so they'll always have my support. I just wish some of their $75/125 limiteds would have at least an illustration or two, if not a slipcase.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I didn't see a thread for this even though I looked around for a while, so I thought I'd create one. If I missed it feel free to merge.

I thought that maybe Subpress deserved its own thread because they have published SK and SK-related books before, and some of us do collect non-SK books.

Also, and I'll toot my own horn here a bit: we recently launched the new website after lots and lots of hard work. It sports a brand new design and e-commerce system which immediately allows for a better user experience while ordering, and over the long term will allow us to add features The clean and memorable URLs that are much-improved over the previous system also don't hurt when it comes to SEO. I could go on but I'll stop

They recently pulled out a few copies of the Hill House Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman and they recently posted a long-awaited update on Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors.
    They are selling Anansi Boys without the matching copy of Notebooks, so although it is nice, it is incomplete.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    If the mods allow CD to have a thread in which they advertise all of their new releases (King or non-King) then it would be only right that another publisher be granted the same rights.
    Totally agree, but personally I would not allow any "unpaid for" advertising.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    If the mods allow CD to have a thread in which they advertise all of their new releases (King or non-King) then it would be only right that another publisher be granted the same rights.
    Totally agree, but personally I would not allow any "unpaid for" advertising.
    I agree with all of this. No one from Subpress is going to be here posting news about upcoming releases. I just wanted to create a place for discussion specifically for Subpress books, and if we, as members, saw a book that might be worth talking about we can do so here. Smoke and Mirrors has been in production for so long, and will be signed and have original artwork by Dave Mckean I thought it would be good to make other collectors aware of it.

I'm not acting on behalf of Subpress or anything of the like.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I see no problem having the thread. As mentioned, if there is interest the thread will stay current, if not it will fall to the back pages. At some point in the future, if too many Publisher Threads are posted, we may have to revisit the policy, or perhaps they would go in their own forum.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I don't see any problem. The CD thread started as a complaint/venting thread that CD eventially started posting in....as long as Sub Press is willing to take good with bad, I don't see any harm. I'd say if the posters here are dishing it out, then it's fair that the publishers can use the thread to promote their work...if people start complaining abut too much promotion in the thread, well then I guess it's a bad idea! But I would not disallow it as a policy.

I doubt there will ever be too many publisher threads...mainly because there aren't too many publishers.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree that each publisher should take "the rough with the smoothe". Up until the Grant TWTTHK, the only publisher that has taken any "flack" on this message board has been CD, who still take years to produce their "lettered" editions many years after they have taken the money for them.
    I still await 3 CD lettered editions I have paid for years ago, as well as numbered editions. (Their response is always, "If you are not happy, you can always cancel your order"!)
    I have never heard any complaints from members on here about Sub Press books.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that you mention it...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SubPress book
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You just had to use your trophy didn't you? LOL

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Let us never complain about King's signature ever again.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Fevre Dream. Congratulations!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    You just had to use your trophy didn't you? LOL
    Hehe Not as nice as the famous snow globe, but prouder of it.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Yeah, this is true and makes me sad.

I agree that each publisher should take "the rough with the smoothe". Up until the Grant TWTTHK, the only publisher that has taken any "flack" on this message board has been CD, who still take years to produce their "lettered" editions many years after they have taken the money for them.
    I still await 3 CD lettered editions I have paid for years ago, as well as numbered editions. (Their response is always, "If you are not happy, you can always cancel your order"!)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I complained to Sub Press one time in all the years I've been buying from them. It was over the lettered edition of THE LOST BLOCH: VOLUME ONE, which they were having trouble getting the boxes for. They sent my money back immediately, but in hindsight I regret my impatience because the book did eventually come out and now I can't find one anywhere. I have never complained again, and now I am a more patient individual then I was before.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean is publishing Dan Simmon's novella The Guiding Nose of Ulfant Banderoz
    Page link here

I ordered that and their new Vance collection too.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A couple of years ago I purchased the numbered and lettered editions of Dan Simmons' Hyperion books, Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion. I was really looking forwards to acquiring the other (numbered and lettered) books in this series, Ilium and Olympus. But, to my surprise I found out not too long ago SubPress already published these latter two books. In two a-similar editions, unfortunately.
    Such a disappointment.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast