Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Shining - Let's Discuss! *SPOILERS*

Threaded View

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Okay..I finished The Shining last night. Very very good. I have to say, I think the creepiest parts of that book were when the hotel would 'speak' to people. Like when Danny was trying to figure out what jack was up to, then all of a sudden: "GET OUT OF HIS HEAD!"
    F*cking creepy!
    It was kind of sad at the end though. When Danny stood there and looked jack in the face and said "You're not my daddy anymore" and Jack finally came around for a split second. It's like I really hoped he had come to his senses, but it was too late by then. I almost teared up when Jack sad: "Run Danny. And remember how much I love you."
    That poor kid.
    I said it already, but I'll say it again...considering how many times I have seen that movie in my life, I am totally surprised that I enjoyed the book as much as I did, and that it scared me as much as it did (that's not an easy thing to do)
    Last edited by Girlystevedave; 07-26-2008 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Because I said I was reading "The Stand"