Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Computer Talk!

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Computer Talk!

All answers will sound like computer jargon. For example, the sentence “Don’t ever ____ I”ll wash your mouth out with soap!” can be completed with curse or which sounds like cursor.

***Please answer only 5 to allow others the chance to play.

Puzzle complete!

1. Were both father and _____ when they fell asleep at the play last night? {stkmw02 - mother bored aka motherboard}

2. After the first inning, the Yankees were ahead one _____. {OchrisO - zip}

3. Was Jack _____a perfect 20-20 when he starred in Dragnet? {Jean - Webb's sight aka website}

4. Did the new fishing ____ as well as the old one? {mystima - net work aka network}

5. A male ovine is more commonly called a _____? {OchrisO - ram}

6. How often did Nikita speak to _____ the red phone? {mystima - Ike on aka icon}

7. The soldiers who were supposed to protect the _____ away instead. {Jean - fort ran aka Fortran}

8. Her favorite disaster movie was Krakatoa East of _____. {OchrisO - Java}

9. The Ambassador will be _____ Aviv all of next week. {OchrisO - in Tel aka Intel}

10. The Irish musician said, “Happiness is a _____ to eat and three or four groupies.” {BROWNINGS CHILDE - bite aka byte}

11. Charles didn’t like to be called _____. {Jean - Chip}

12. Rather than risk his next season being a _____ Wee Reese retired from baseball. {Jean - flop, Pee aka floppy}

13. It’s a long _____ from New York to Miami. {stkmw02 - drive}

14. Does the wooden _____ twice as much as the aluminum one? {Iwritecode - gate weight, Gateway}

15. The city council decided to take _____ school funding issues at the next session. {mystima - up grade aka upgrade}

16. There was a new challenge _____ Dillon during every episode of Gunsmoke. {OchrisO - for Matt aka format}

17. He tried reading the latest bestseller, but he just couldn’t get _____. {Jean - into it aka Intuit}

18. There were no cold cuts in the refrigerator, so he opened a can of _____. {stkmw02 - spam}

19. The shirts are available in S, M, L, and _____. {stkmw02 - XL aka Excel}

20. _____ a sorrowful thing to realize how few people appreciate Shakespearean English. {stkmw02 - Lo, tis aka Lotus}

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

1. mother bored
    13. drive
    18. Spam
    19. XL
    20. Tis

I don't know anything about computers... I barely even know how to use them.

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

4 out of 5 isn't too shabby! I'll update the original post with the correct answers (20 is a partially correct answer - try again!)

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

4 Net work
    20. IT's=I.T. S

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

BZZZZZ. Sorry that is incorrect!

ETA: Sorry mystima, I didn't even notice your #4. Just saw #20 and buzzed ya!! 4 is correct, 20 is not...
    Last edited by Maturins_Daughter; 06-19-2012 at 04:39 AM. Reason: My bad reading skills

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I really can't think of anything #4 could be aside from net work.
    2. zip

5. ram

8. Java

9. Intel/ In Tel

16. Format/For Matt
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3. Webb = web
    10. Hash
    12. flop Pee = floppy
    14. log --- ???????
    17. Into it = Intuit

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good job, Chris! Jean, 12 & 17 are correct, 3 is halfway there, 10 & 14 no dice!

Remaining: 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, 15, 20

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

7. Fort + ran = Fortran

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

3 is Webb/web
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

3. Webb's sight = web site

took me some time to realize what 20/20 meant

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Jean! That's the full answer for #3 (7's correct, too!)

Country
    Country Flag

14. bat chap = batch app?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Remaining: 6, 10, 11, 14, 15, 20

bat chap is not correct

ETA:
    Last edited by Maturins_Daughter; 06-19-2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Jean and MD in the same thread at the same time

Country
    Country Flag

is the second part of 14 wear/ware?

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Trying for #20 again:
    Lo, 'tis for Lotus?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, 20 is now solved!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    is the second part of 14 wear/ware?
    No It isnt!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

#6 Fidel on Del???? (as in Delete)

#14 bat cost Bat? OS? (is this clsoe at all?)

#11 a pig Ap ??
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

or $14 Bat chip for batch?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Inspired

I have a feeling there is no bat involved in number 14.... what else can be wooden or aluminum?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    #6 Fidel on Del???? (as in Delete)

#14 bat cost Bat? OS? (is this clsoe at all?)

#11 a pig Ap ??
    Sorry, nothing correct here

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    or $14 Bat chip for batch?
    Or here

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

#6. Gogol = Google.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Google is not the answer to number 6.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

10. bite (byte)
    Sloth Love Chunk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast