Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The cheaper trade edition is my plan
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd read the limited myself (although carefully). Which do you have?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd have to look at home. Jerome sent it to me and all I could see was the great signature in there.

"To Matt--From Joe Hill"

I got the vapors at that point.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, it was personalized. Awesome! I have a personalized Heart Shaped Box that Patrick sent me awhile back.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Mine's signed and numbered, but I read it anyway. I shan't ever be selling it
    Which? The one signed by Joe or the one signed by Christopher Golden and him? I have both of the UK limited hardcovers and I've read both. I read every book I own at least once.
    UK hardback in a slipcase:

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine's signed and numbered, but I read it anyway. I shan't ever be selling it
    Which? The one signed by Joe or the one signed by Christopher Golden and him? I have both of the UK limited hardcovers and I've read both. I read every book I own at least once.
    UK hardback in a slipcase:

I have that. Well, mine's got a different number, but you know what I mean.

Nah, I thought you were saying you got the 20th Century Ghost cause that book was being discussed right before you said yours was signed and numbered. I thought you'd maybe got one of them also. I remember you telling me you got the HSB.

If you rescue me

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahh! I see, no I've yet to get 20th Century Ghost in any edition - I'll probably go for the signed and/or numbered if I can get it

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahh! I see, no I've yet to get 20th Century Ghost in any edition - I'll probably go for the signed and/or numbered if I can get it

There are two s/n in the UK. One signed by Joe Hill and one signed by Joe Hill and Christopher Golden (who did the introduction). There were I believe 500 of the former and 200 of the latter. The latter has 2 extra stories and story notes on each of the stories and a slipcase. I have both. If you'd like to see them they are posted in my collection thread although I'm sure they are in this thread or the other Joe Hill thread somewhere also.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool - I'll check that out

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I read my signed inscribed copy of the UK paperback of 20thCG. At the time, it was the only trade version available and I'll never sell a personally inscribed signed book anyway. Like Brice said, just handle 'em carefully if you read 'em.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys may have talked me into it here.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

just don't crease the spine or fold the corners of the pages.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just finished 20th Century Ghosts. I really enjoyed it, he's a great writer. I'm going to have to pick up Heart Shaped Box now when I get a chance.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You definately should, Heather - its brilliant!!

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Yes, definitely pick it up and read it. I just got done reading it and am now ready to pick up 20th Century Ghosts. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow when I pick up Duma Key!!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I plan on picking up 20th Cent. Ghosts at the bookstore tomorrow when I grab Duma Key.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It's definately worth a read. I'm sure you'll both enjoy it.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I read my signed inscribed copy of the UK paperback of 20thCG. At the time, it was the only trade version available and I'll never sell a personally inscribed signed book anyway. Like Brice said, just handle 'em carefully if you read 'em.
    I actually read my 1/500 copy (because I didn't have the trade) then I read the two extra stories from the 1/200. I bent the spines until both covers touched and folded the corners of every page...is that bad?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually read my 1/500 copy (because I didn't have the trade) then I read the two extra stories from the 1/200. I bent the spines until both covers touched and folded the corners of every page...is that bad?

No you di'int.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I used to work with a guy named Joe Hill... now every time he comes to my work place, he calls me "My Liz" and beautiful and blows kisses at me...

Traveler meggmopp is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hello,
    Heart Shaped Box is the second book of my life to give me nightmares.
    The first was Salem's Lot, all those years ago.
    Shine on - you crazy diamond

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No you di'int.

Well, okay, I didn't do the bolded part. I somehow just knew that would get someone's attention though. There was 0 chance of that going by unnoticed around here.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by meggmopp View Post
    Hello,
    Heart Shaped Box is the second book of my life to give me nightmares.
    The first was Salem's Lot, all those years ago.
    I got the best scare I have had in a long time from that book too.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too actually. I read Heart and Bag of Bones actually in the same week. There were some creepy moments when the lights were turned off each night.

Finally got around to reading Heart Shaped Box. I really enjoyed it, and there were definately some creepy moments in it. For those that haven't read it yet, I would recommend checking it out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast