Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Haven Foundation Prizes and Rules Announcement!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2012 Haven Foundation Prizes and Rules Announcement!!

The Grand Prize for this year’s Haven Foundation Fundraiser is going to be a Stephen King inscribed Scribner First Edition of “The Wind Through The Keyhole”. Mr. King’s office has graciously agreed that King will inscribe the book to the winner, with a brief inscription chosen by the winner. Please note-Last year it took a bit over 6 months for the winner to receive his book, so please be patient.

In the unlikely event that King is unable to sign the book, a suitable replacement King signed (but not inscribed) book will be substituted.
    A person may only win one of the smaller prizes; however they will still be in the running for the Grand Prize.

The drawings are weighted so that a person receives one entry for every $10 cash or equivalent value for auction/drawing items with a maximum number of entries capped at 10. Example: Person “A” donated $50-they receive 5 entries in the drawing. Person “B” donated $300 in cash and equivalent auction/giveaway items-they receive 10 entries. Person "C" donated $10-they receive 1 entry.

I will draw the winners for all 12 items listed below, and announce the winners starting Thursday May 31, 2012 at ~ 10:00 AM PDT (1:00 PM EDT-5:00PM GMT) The Grand Prize winner will be chosen by Brian Freeman from Cemetery Dance. Date and Time for the Grand Prize Drawing TBA.

Gilead T-shirt XL
    Donated by: Jerome
    Value: >$20

Glenn Chadbourne Dark Tower T-shirt XL
    Donated by: Cemetery Dance
    Value:>$25

Night Visions 5 Trade 1st & UK Full Dark No Stars with bonus story.
    Donated by: Jerome & Mr. Rabbit Trick
    Value: >$30

RANDOM WALK by Lawrence Block. PS Publishing in 2008. Introduction by Spider Robinson. 295 pages. Limited to 500 copies, SIGNED by the author on the limitation page. Hardcover in Fine condition.
    Donated by Jerome
    Value $30

CD UK 11/22/63 Slipcase
    Donated by Bill Bender
    Value $30
    NOTE: Book is NOT included

The Woman Special Edition & Carrie (Note-Carrie is not a 1st edition)
    Donated by: Cemetery Dance & Mr. Rabbit Trick
    Value: >$35

Shivers VI Signed Limited & UK Full Dark No Stars Trade Paperback
    Value >$40

Horror Hall of Fame S/L & UK Danse Macabre Trade Paperback
    Value: >$65

"They All Float" GID (Glow in the Dark) Art Print
    This Screen Print is Mark's interpretation of Stephen King's - "IT" movie
    This Limited Edition poster is signed and numbered and includes Glow in the Dark Ink
    Glow in the Dark inks reveal a creepy, hidden spider in the forest
    This is a 24" x 12" 4-color Screen Print
    Donated by Mark Englert -tacobelvedere.com
    Value: >$75

Blockade Billy With Alex McVey “Skull” art
    Donated by: Alex McVey

Blockade Billy With Alex McVey “Bloody Player” art
    Donated by: Alex McVey

One For The Road S/L
    Donated by PS Publishing
    Value: £175.00

A couple of last minute additions:

1. The Shining (Don't know what edition) with an $8.95 dust jacket.

2. Gallery Magazine, 1980 with monkey pullout still attached.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, for the prizes there are <250 total entries. There are several people who have 10 entries. In essence the person who donated $10 has a 1/250 chance of winning. The individuals who capped out at 10 entries have Ten 1/250 chances to win.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome prizes, Jerome!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice prizes! I'm sure all the donators are very excited. Good luck everyone.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay, my first Haven Foundation Prize thingy! Very excited! *Fingers crossed!*

Shannon

Good luck everyone! Well, double luck to me and half luck to all of you guys, but ... yeah!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So should we just go ahead and announce Ari as the winner of the grand prize before the drawing and forgo the formality? LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    So should we just go ahead and announce Ari as the winner of the grand prize before the drawing and forgo the formality? LOL
    LOL! Even though Ari will win I think we should go through the formality's!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tosses 5,000,000 slips of paper with Ari's name on them into the pot.

*sigh* Oh, very well!

If you rescue me

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like the Hunger Games reaping, but with signed SK books.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually we could remove Ari's name entirely and still it would turn up.

(Don't tell me too much of The Hunger Games....I'm reading it now)

If you rescue me

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I still donate?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure. Jerome will be around soon I'm sure to answer that one.

If you rescue me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Can I still donate?
    I bet something can be worked out. Allow me to broker, if you will!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I still donate?
    This question has been asked (Via PM) now that the "odds" have been announced. Yes a person can donate, but it will NOT be used in this years drawing. We talked about this for 5+ months.
    BTW, the odds are similar to last year-and ARI did not win (last year). The weighted, but capped at 10 really helps those who did a lot, but doesn't preclude the single $10 donor. There are actually only ~+/-100 unique individual donors.
    It may be the best donation odds a person ever gets.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Can I still donate?
    This question has been asked (Via PM) now that the "odds" have been announced. Yes a person can donate, but it will NOT be used in this years drawing. We talked about this for 5+ months.
    BTW, the odds are similar to last year-and ARI did not win (last year). The weighted, but capped at 10 really helps those who did a lot, but doesn't preclude the single $10 donor. There are actually only ~+/-100 unique individual donors.
    It may be the best donation odds a person ever gets.
    "El Jefe" has spoken!!! So get that donation in already, Cook!!!!!! "The Haven Fund Whore" has spoken!!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was of course exaggerating and joking about Ari's winning.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I was of course exaggerating and joking about Ari's winning.
    I knew that!!! "Directors"? Am I right? LOL LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    J/K Jerome. You're the best!!!!!

Edit: If I should win a "Gilead T-Shirt" can I burn it? Looks to "Red Sux-y" for my taste!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, I missed a couple of items, and I will add them very shortly.
    <--------Apologizes to the person(s) who donated them and my fault for overlooking the donations.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I still donate?
    Your PM-Box is full!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice's comment was too funny! While Ari didn't win last year's Haven Foundation grand prize, he sure has won a lot of SK-related drawings at various sites over the years. (Way to go, Ari!)

Great prize list ! Thank you to all the prize donors, like Mr. R.T., Cemetery Dance, Alex McVey, and Jerome!

Good luck in the drawing, contestants!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice items! Congratulations to all the donors and GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

I don't know if I'd be lucky this year (as Jerome mentioned, I wasn't last year), but who knows
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    FYI, for the prizes there are <250 total entries. There are several people who have 10 entries. In essence the person who donated $10 has a 1/250 chance of winning. The individuals who capped out at 10 entries have Ten 1/250 chances to win.
    I have gone through and finalized the entries. There are <200 Total entries, and <50 Individuals in the Drawing. <15 People have the max 10 entries.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think I donated $20 and on top of that I sent in the net proceeds of the proof I 'auctioned'. Does that count as a donation from my part, from James' part (who bought the proof) or 50% for each of us? It doesn't really matter to me it's more of an academic question.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast