Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weird Coincidences While Reading Non-DT Books

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

:chills:

Check again.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

But...I'm scared...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Cool story.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Along the Path of the Beam childeluke is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

while reading jack kerouac's ON THE ROAD. the words eddie and dean appear in the same sentence on a page who's #s add up to 19....wierd. Also a Jake is introduced later on.

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

ok, how this for double-irony?

i was just reading this thread earlier today and thinking about how nothing related to this thread has ever happened to me before; now, 5 minutes ago, i log out so i can go home and read the final 131 pages of It, and what should happen as I walk down the street toward home but i see a vehicle from West Virginia with the vanity plate

WEBBY

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

This happened when I was almost done with Insomnia.

I was in a store and had accidentally bumped into an older woman in produce. I apologized and I don't remember exactly what her reply was....something along the lines of "Fuggedabouddit" which doesn't really matter. What mattered was that she addressed me as "Short-timer."

Gave me chills. I was waiting for her to whip out some scissors.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Traveler Ozymandias is on a distinguished road Ozymandias's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not freaky, just a big coincidence but I read Insomnia in 9th grade and lent it to three friends. Well all three of us that year got some type of insomnia. One had trouble going to sleep initially, one had trouble waking up like 3 hours earlier than normal and being unable to sleep, and I started waking up 2-3 times every single night (which lasted 4 very long years). Needless to say, I don't lend the book out to anyone that isn't prepared to lose some sleep.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i was reading a book called Dragon Harper by Anne and Todd McCaffery. the story is about a pandemic of influenza that killed those that were in the prime of their lives. at the end of the book it has facts about all the flu epidemics that happened in our time...the one in the book described exactly the flu crisis we are having now in mexico!!!!

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

just finished reading Rose Madder. i was at the local resale shop and saw a painting of a blond haired girl looking off into the distance...didn't buy the painting....it was just a weird coincidence.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Freaky stuff gang, I think I'll go read a book now....or should I?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have just watched a horror movie (namely, Lake Dead) whose music was composed by a Mark Petrie. Listened very attentively. Nothing special, though.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love this kinds of things.

I have one. I have always been a big Stephen King fan but for some reason never fancied reading Pet Semetary and always thought I wouldn't. I saw the movie and it was pants so it kind of put me off.

Anyway, a few years ago, not long after I had left home, I was walking through the town centre where my other half lives and a charity shop had a table outside because they were having a book sale and on the table was Pet Semetary. A really battered copied at that. It was cheap enough so I bought it ( I wasnt buying books that day or thinking about it).

Cut to a week later and I was visiting my mum and dads and unfortunately our pet dog had died. Weirdly, it was the day I bought the book but I had no idea. My parents wanted to wait to tell me face to faces so waited a week!

Needless to say it was traumatic but I ended up loving Pet Semetary!

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so I recently have developed an inability to take any kind of flu vaccination due to my hyperactive immune system. And "they", by whom I mean those mysterious scientists (which is a way to say I am pulling my source out of my ass here, but play along, okay?) say that "we are due for a superflu" like the 1900s where a significant portion of the population was wiped out. Then, this past year they had teh weird flu--heck I don't even remember what they called it but I am thinking "oh crap its Captain Trips," right?

Great thread, I just wanna bump it uup again cuz its creepy
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2