Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: In the Tall Grass: Stephen King & Joe Hill in Esquire June/July & August 2012

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default In the Tall Grass: Stephen King & Joe Hill in Esquire June/July & August 2012

From Talk Stephen King :

Jule Bosman has a short article at Media Decoder about some new attempts Esquire is making to not only include more fiction -- but to market it to men.

While a lot of the focus in fiction is in the e-book world, the article also reveals that King and Hill will be published in the June / July issue of Esquire.

Bosman writes:

It coincides with the publication of three works in the June/July issue of Esquire — by Stephen King and his son Joe Hill; the thriller writer Lee Child; and Colum McCann. The works will be available only in the print and iPad editions of the magazine.

David Granger, the editor in chief of Esquire, said he has lamented the loss of space that magazines devoted to publishing fiction. The New Yorker is perhaps the most visible home for fiction in the magazine world, but many other magazines have cut back.

The full article is HERE.
    http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...er=rss&emc=rss

So : Throttle or something new? So far, nothing on the Esquire website, as the current issue is the May one...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

this is not a "Throttle" reprint. it is something completely new.

-justin

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome news! Love it when new short fiction springs out of nowhere!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Any idea when this issue hits the stands?

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, but I miss the days of being able to convince friends to break street date for stuff like this.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Any idea when this issue hits the stands?
    The first volume of the series includes new short stories by Aaron Gwyn, Luis Alberto Urrea and Jess Walter, and the stories will be sold only in e-book format in collaboration with Open Road Integrated Media, a digital publisher, beginning June 12. (Another volume will follow every few months.)
    It coincides with the publication of three works in the June/July issue of Esquire — by Stephen King and his son Joe Hill; the thriller writer Lee Child; and Colum McCann. The works will be available only in the print and iPad editions of the magazine.
    This sounds like 6/12 is the date for both of these.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Strange that it's less than a month out and nothing on the official site.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

I presume this will only appear in the US version of Esquire?
    Jon

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

As always, I will be very grateful if someone can send me a copy!

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if this and Throttle and some other unpublished material could pave way for a King/Hill collection? It would make sense; otherwise both authors would have to collected these stories in their own collections, which sounds like a dubious enterprise. I would love a dedicated King/Hill collection of collaborations. I'm sure these two are not the only things they've done.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If they are, they certainly seem to like it so we can probably expect more. I too would love a king/hill collection.

If you rescue me

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Joe Hill tweets: Yeah, did a story for the June/July Esquire with my dad. Beyond that, I can't say nuttin until @Esquiremag sez so.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When to look for it on the stands?

I'd expect it soon -- the May issue was out in mid-April.

From SKMB: Esquire has announced it is to publish a new story collaboration by Joe Hill and Stephen as part of its launch of an e-book series called "Fiction for Men." "In the Tall Grass" will be published in two parts, the first to appear in the June/July issue and the conclusion in the August issue. The works will be available only in the print and iPad editions of the magazine.

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds novella-length.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So its title is "In the tall grass"? Sounds cool!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.esquire.com/features/june-july-2012-contents
    FICTION FOR MEN
    Three new stories:
    IN THE TALL GRASS, PART 1, by Stephen King and Joe Hill
    EVERYONE TALKS, a Jack Reacher story by Lee Child
    ICE, by Column McCann
    and 79-word short shorts from Don Winslow, Daniel Woodrell, Michael Cunningham, and more. Plus: The Esquire/Aspen Institute Short Shote Fiction Contest

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

If you have Coke Points you can get a subscription to Esquire using your points. Mycokerewards.com

Or order here for 8 bucks.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

On newsstands now. Just picked up my copy.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also found a copy today.

Country
    Country Flag

Has an interview with Joe about writing with his father with King's handwritten commentary.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know where I can find a copy in Europe (or willing to send one, when both editions are printed)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Niels, you should be able to get copies from the ABC in The Hague or Amsterdam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast