Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible George R.R. Martin

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I will pick it up Thursday. I figure about $5 for a paperback isn't too much. If it's not my thing; I can just pass it on to someone else. If I love it I can just talk to our friend above about selling one of those first editions. It's not like he'd notice having one less.
    Yep watching him in the wanted list for a trade myself
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My very humble GRRM collection...

Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Brice, I'm doing the same right now, I'm giving the books a try and although I only finished like 60 pages of the first book so far, I really, really enjoy it. I don't read too much fantasy either but this has a very different feel to it than I expected.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping I feel the same. I need something great to pull me out of my reading slump. Last year I read something like 96 or 97 books. This year I think I'm on my second.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post

absolutely LOVE that feast dj!
    Hey, I just tried to PM you but your box is full
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

ill clean it now

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default DOIT!!!!

I keep meaning to give this series a try.
    seriously, I cant imagine your being dissapointed. Give the series a try. Dont give up at the end of Game of thrones it just keeps getting better. That would be like judging Dartower by just gunslinger. This is not to imply GOT is not good, because it is great! just hang on for the full ride. You will look back after finishing book five and i think you will agree you had just as much fun as your first time reading LOTR. I know i did, and i was a hard critic, as LOTR has been a favorite of mine since i was 12yrs old. Doit, you will be glad you did.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I DID judge DT by The Gunslinger. Luckily I adored that book from the start. Same with Tolkien. I wouldn't have tried LOTR if I hadn't loved The Hobbit. I can't read a book if I don't like it, but I will seriously try it. Just being truthful, but if the story doesn't have a hold on me by the second book there is little chance of me reading beyond that.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still on the fence about the series. I saw a couple of episodes and didn't really think much of it.

I have some books I'll post pictures of later.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'm still on the fence about the series. I saw a couple of episodes and didn't really think much of it.

I have some books I'll post pictures of later.
    You can not judge a book by a television series. Seriously they are not even close. There are major characters not even included in the tv show. George r r martin did not write the screen play and they are 2 completely different animals.

they are not in the same book, perhaps not even in the same library

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...and I had planned to judge the books based on the commercials for the TV series.

If you rescue me

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You must read the books. Definitely don't judge the series on the show, although I do love it too.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I DID judge DT by The Gunslinger. Luckily I adored that book from the start. Same with Tolkien. I wouldn't have tried LOTR if I hadn't loved The Hobbit. I can't read a book if I don't like it, but I will seriously try it. Just being truthful, but if the story doesn't have a hold on me by the second book there is little chance of me reading beyond that.
    Brice, I judged the series on the first book, A GAME OF THRONES. I loved it and couldn't wait to read the second book, so I went straight into it. Now I'm forcing myself to space these out and read a couple other things on my list in between, but I can't wait to dive into the third book.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

It's George RR Martin Monday:

S/L Storm of Swords (Thanks Simon!) and 1st Illustrated Game of Thrones (I'll keep my eye out for another copy)
    Last edited by becca69; 07-11-2017 at 07:19 AM.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, jealous
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Becca - I had emailed Simon about that book, but I guess you beat me to it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Congrats Becca - I had emailed Simon about that book, but I guess you beat me to it.
    Thanks. At least now I will have a full (almost matching) Subterranean Set. If I ever find the matching Storm, this one will be back up for grabs.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello fellow Martin fans,
    I need some money for my other passion, Collecting King books
    If anyone is looking for any of the game of throne books signed or unsigned let me know. I have some extras and like i said, I need some Moolah

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to get an unsigned Game of Thrones 1st/1st but I'm guessing you won't let it go for the retail price...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol,
    That wouldnt buy me much in the way of King books Always up for trades though if its something i dont have.

Country
    Country Flag

Are you looking for anything specific (King-wise)?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

anything scarce. NLR or six stories, saloms lot, Also depends on How many books your looking for obviously. Let me know what you might be willing to swap.

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm... I think I just sold the only book that you might have been interested in. But I'll keep it in mind, I'll send you a PM when I think of something else. If you get the chance to sell your books in the meantime don't hesitate to do so, of course!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast