Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gunslinger Metal cases

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Gunslinger Metal cases

I was given a prototype metal case for The Gunslinger. The case is unique in several ways:
    • It is made out of aluminum and then anodized black. It can be anodized in an assortment of colors.
    • The case feels like gunmetal. It also is "substantial". It weighs 3lbs. 10 ounces!
    • The case has a notched rail inside allowing the case to be slid open to show the book.
    • The artwork is a test, and it could also be "flipped" and put on the other side.
    • The potential is that cases could be ordered with a limitation number or letter that matches a person's S/L The Gunslinger-most anything can be either engraved or anodized onto the metal.
    • The inside is very smooth, not a single exposed surface or edge that a book would catch on.

Potential art for back side of case:

Is there interest in this amongst collectors?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love one if I didn't have to take out a second mortgage. lol.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be interested, but wouldn't be surprised if it's out of my league moneywise. it is a beautiful case though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You have my interest as well... When do you think you might have an estimate of cost?

SKC

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Very nice but ultimately its just a case and not nearly as important as the book it holds

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKiloCollector View Post
    You have my interest as well... When do you think you might have an estimate of cost?

SKC
    I am trying to gauge interest. Looks like I can rule out mistercrowley.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

See, I agree not as important as the book it holds, but look at the book it's for. It deserves an exceptional case. Kinda like it doesn't matter if you have cheap kit bookcases or fancy barrister bookcases or some such thing (at least in the short term), but of course most book collectors are going to want the nicest bookcases (and nicest cases in general) that they can afford. It's about the best protection and presentation. I guess it's a matter of aesthetics though. This to me is one of the nicest slipcases that I've seen.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I'd be interested to know who is producing them, we're always looking for cool case makers for the really high end projects.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I would not be interested. If and when I get a Gunslinger S/L I would keep it in the original slipcase.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be interested. I think theyare very unique and would love to have one. However the cost will determine if I actually order one. It is just a case and I will only spend so much on a case !

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to get one depending upon the cost.
    I would want to put my second edition of The Gunslinger in it. I don't think I would keep my S/L (if I had one) in it.
    After seeing the other pictures of the slipcase I think it is very beautiful and would very much like to have one.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm interested as well all dependent on price. Very cool case.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that this would be a nice case for either the Grant 1st or 2nd but not the S/L. Interested.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on the fence, but slowly tipping to the "But" side. The more I think about it.....

Price is of course a factor. Are we looking at $300 or better? BTW I really like the art especially the potential "back side" image.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

IMHO I feel the art work looks like a shop sketch & not a finished product.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

Aww c'mon that's not exactly fair is it? I think its pretty nice. My Mother always told me "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all". Who raised you? Wolves? LOL LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you don't want one.
    Perhaps I didn't convey that these are test mules. The beauty of the design is that (If we choose), the art on the front and back will be ala Carte, the buyer chooses from art we have available, OR within the design parameters submits their own art.
    Since there are only 2 cases done, as I mentioned these are tests, and the one member who helped submitted the drawings.
    I am getting pissy now, but I challenge you to provide your own original art that doesn't "look like a shop sketch".

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

SORRY I GUESS I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You should make two versions...one that is big enough to hold a Grant 1st/2nd/3rd printing, and anohter size that holds the S/L and slipcase that came with the book.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Aww c'mon that's not exactly fair is it? I think its pretty nice. My Mother always told me "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all". Who raised you? Wolves? LOL LOL LOL

I have to agree. I know one of our members here drew the gun...but it's not perfect. If I was going to pony up the cash for the case, I would want it to be perfect.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I have to agree. I know one of our members here drew the gun...but it's not perfect. If I was going to pony up the cash for the case, I would want it to be perfect.
    Well, no one asked you to "pony up" at all. If you don't like it, fine!!!! Really, do you people feel a need to crap on anything you don't care for????? Is it that much of an obsession?? If you are not interested, just say so and be done. I'm out obviously my open thoughts are not welcome.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are 4 cases left. We will likely do no more, and if we do, they won't be garage "sketch art".
    1 case is green, the other 3 are black. The first 4 people to PM me and pay $269 + Shipping get them. The first "green Case" PM gets the Green case.
    Here is your chance to have a 1/~6 case.
    After these 4 cases are gone, this thread will be archived.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like its finish and how it slides out. Funds are low though so no dice. I'm sure whoever gets this will be happy. And Merlin, chill man, people are respectfully giving opinions, no one's talking shit.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I like its finish and how it slides out. Funds are low though so no dice. I'm sure whoever gets this will be happy. And Merlin, chill man, people are respectfully giving opinions, no one's talking shit.
    My apologies, I was on a bit of a "High" That the "Beatles' auction got a bidder. My Bad!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, nothin like stir'n up the pot
    I'm ready to see guns blaz'n... yeehaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast