Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Haven Foundation Auction #26-The Beatles Art/Photo Limited Edition Tease

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2012 Haven Foundation Auction #26-The Beatles Art/Photo Limited Edition Tease

LINK

TheDarkTower.org
    is proud to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item. Renowned photographer Shahrokh Hatami took this photo.
    This photo is being donated by The San Francisco Art Exchange

1 of only 25 measuring 16”x25”, this photo retails for $5,000!

This color photo shoot of the Beatles in The Cavern by Hatami is truly
    historic. The photos taken during this shoot are believed to be the earliest
    profession color photographs ever taken of the Beatles inside the Cavern Club in
    Liverpool (which, of course, was their true "launching pad." The photographer,
    Shahrokh Hatami was a free lance photo journalist often working with Paris Match
    magazine at the time. He managed to squeeze himself into the club to get an
    up-close chance to capture the "new phenoms" of rock and roll tuning up for a
    gig to be held at a nearby location. The date was August, 1963 (prior to the
    guys coming to the US in Feb. '64: The British Invasion!). They were becoming
    huge in the UK and beginning to catch the ear of America. This photo is taken
    backstage at the Cavern Club and includes those three incredibly famous guitars
    as well as Neil Aspinall. A chance miracle occurred in that Hatami was using
    tungsten film in his camera....the latest in film technology... which enhanced
    the photographers ability to capture the imagery in the dimly lit space of the
    Cavern Club without the use of a flash. (as the name indicates...it was a
    virtual cave shaped room on the basement level of a Liverpool street). In not
    having to use a flash, Hatami was able to avoid the hot spots and shadows
    inherent in such shoots. Neil Aspinall was the childhood friend of Paul and
    George who was their road manager at the time and ultimately became the head of
    Apple Corps Ltd.; the Beatles holding company that manages much of their
    business affairs. Neil served as the chief executive of Apple Corps from
    1970-2007 and passed away in March of 2008 at the age of 66.
    The photo is extremely beautiful, important, historic and rare. Only 25
    have been created in this size. It is signed by the hand of Hatami.

The photo is on display in the Beatles Museum
    in Liverpool!

One other photograph from this same shoot is currently featured in a two page spread in a special issue of Newsweek. One-million copies of this issue has been printed under the title: "50 Years Since The Music Started." The Hatami Cavern photograph kicks of the entire story of the issue!
    Note: The photo is unframed.

100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to The Haven Foundation. Originally founded by Stephen King, The Haven Foundation is a national, non-profit organization making grants to freelance writers and artists experiencing career-threatening illness, accident, natural disaster or other emergency or personal catastrophe.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very intriguing!!! I love the "Beatles"!!! Check this out:

"Sgt. Pepper" S/L by all four "Beatles"!!!!

This could be a very, very cool auction!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Fuck it! I'll start cutting out my kidney now to bid.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I will see the kidney and I will raise you a...well lets see...Yes! I will raise you a face!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The image Merlin1958 posted is of his own piece. The donated piece is different, but impressive...so go ahead and remove the kidney.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The image Merlin1958 posted is of his own piece. The donated piece is different, but impressive...so go ahead and remove the kidney.
    Gotcha! The Beatles have always been my favorite band since I was a kid so...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I will see the kidney and I will raise you a...well lets see...Yes! I will raise you a face!
    I'll see your face and raise ya' 1 heart, 1 eye, and my last brain cell. LOL

Really I'mm pretty sure I'll Be out of this one, but am Very curious as to what it is.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too, can't wait to see what it is!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll see your face and raise ya' 1 heart, 1 eye, and my last brain cell. LOL

Really I'mm pretty sure I'll Be out of this one, but am Very curious as to what it is.
    LOL. I'm pretty sure (positive) this will be out of my league as well however I can't wait to see this.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nor can I.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Very awesome and interesting look at the band.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am running a bit behind. I hope to have the auction up soon. Just clarifying a few details.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure there are some art collectors and fans of The Beatles out there that are grinding their teeth in anticipation of this. Bring it on.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I certainly am. Barring me winning the lottery I won't be in the bidding though.

If you rescue me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well then, head on down to 7-11 and get some Lotto's!!! What are you waiting for?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We have no 7-11.

I play a ticket every once in awhile.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The auction goes live today at 3PM PDT (6PM EDT)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200757886124

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It is LIVE!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Will a picture of the signatures be added to the auction?
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is only signed by the photographer Hatami.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I know this isn't an SK collectable however it's a great item. For a fan of The Beatles the story on this is really amazing. The location and the folks in the picture...WOW!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This one is going to be interesting. The beginning price is a big leap. Art/Photos often are weird things to sell.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Wow. I know this isn't an SK collectable however it's a great item. For a fan of The Beatles the story on this is really amazing. The location and the folks in the picture...WOW!

I agree completely. The Beatles were the first band that made me LOVE music. They are still my favorite above all others. This is way out of my league right now, but it's truly a fantastic item. I hope it finds a great home where it is loved. This is very generous (and amazing )of the gallery that donated it.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This one is going to be interesting. The beginning price is a big leap. Art/Photos often are weird things to sell.
    Yeah, I imagine its tough to wrestle with a starting price. You don't want to see it end up going for a song, but at the same time it looks huge!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Paul in concert at the Silver Bowl outside of Vegas back around 1993, fantastic show, almost entirely Beatles songs ... easily the best concert I've ever been to. And if you've never watched A Concert for George, it's a must ... the one concert I wish I could have seen.

I like this photo, but couldn't see spending that kind of $$$ on it unless it was actually signed by JPG&R. I'm sure the Hatami sig is important in the art world, but it's just not the same. For the Haven's sake I hope it finds a buyer at this price, but I also hope we have the flexibility to lower it if it doesn't go!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast